[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Props to how Jamal handled a bad game
Author Thread
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

12/31/2005  2:51 AM
he showed me a lot tonight.... he might have been the first knik out side of Nate to show me some emotion all year tonight.. and not just a excited emotion when ur doing well... thats easy... he showed a real pain and dissapointment when he did bad.. he showed me that he cared tonight.. and then to top it off.. in the post game.. he stepped up and took the blame for the loss... something that would have been nice to see Stephon do after the Orlando game... So my hats off to Jamal.. im really starting to like this kid, he is the most improved player on our team from last year and his D is getting solid he just had an off night
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/31/2005  7:56 AM
I agree Elite. He is doing a lotta a things right and quickly becoming one of my favorites on this team.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/31/2005  9:33 AM
Posted by Elite:

he stepped up and took the blame for the loss... something that would have been nice to see Stephon do after the Orlando game... So my hats off to Jamal.. im really starting to like this kid, he is the most improved player on our team from last year and his D is getting solid he just had an off night

he better have stepped up because he was definately the reason the knicks didnt have a chance at the end, with careless turnovers and missed shots, it was all him.

misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
12/31/2005  12:10 PM
25 year-olds make mistakes. Unfortunately Crawford's were in the clutch.

He stepped up and accepted responsibility. He will come back stronger. Isn't that what it's all about?

This Knicks team is a work in gradual progress. Last night offered a glimpse of better basketball. Mo Taylor took a hard hit, came back, showed toughness and looked like a determined baller. Lee boarded well. Nate was Nate. Curry played through his injury. Marbury was wheeling and dealing. I can live with that.

Enjoy The Ride

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 12-31-2005 12:11 PM]
once a knick always a knick
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/31/2005  12:12 PM
yeah I thought the same thing when msg put the camera on him after that miss. i felt really bad for him but ur right it's good to know he cares
gunsnewing
USA
12/31/2005  12:13 PM
Lee gets huge rebounds
jaydh
12/31/2005  12:17 PM
Posted by misterearl:

He stepped up and accepted responsibility. He will come back stronger. Isn't that what it's all about?

This Knicks team is a work in gradual progress. Last night offered a glimpse of better basketball. Mo Taylor took a hard hit, came back, showed toughness and looked like a determined baller. Lee boarded well. Nate was Nate. Curry played through his injury. Marbury was wheeling and dealing. I can live with that.

Enjoy The Ride

i understand he is going to make mistakes, i am just sick of all the biased BS. everyone bashing marbs when he doesnt have a stellar game, but JC throws it away at the end and still gets praised. i love this team, but the fans are unfair.

i just feel steph warrants the same patience JC is constantly given.

[Edited by - jaydh on 12-31-2005 12:21 PM]
FireIsiah
Member: #1029

12/31/2005  12:33 PM
Crawford stinks too, he is the most inconistent player on the team. One night he drops 25 the next 10. I wish he would drive to the lane more and draw fouls. He settles for to many jump shots when he is an awful shooter.
I want to leave something that's going to stand for a long timeI want to leave a legacy,I want to leave tradition.I want to leave an imprint,a blueprint in terms of how people play,and how they coach and how they respond when they put on the Knick uni.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

12/31/2005  12:38 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Lee gets huge rebounds

Now, if he can only find the basket....
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/31/2005  12:43 PM
Posted by FireIsiah:

Crawford stinks too, he is the most inconistent player on the team. One night he drops 25 the next 10. I wish he would drive to the lane more and draw fouls. He settles for to many jump shots when he is an awful shooter.

That's been a misconception. He's been putting up good numbers, and he was actually playing pretty solid last night too with his passing, until his late bad decisions. In the last 3 minutes, he looked like the JC pre larry brown.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Ray15
Member: #668
12/31/2005  4:34 PM
Crawford is so improved this year. He's crashing the boards, at least putting a little effort on the defensive end, and not forcing bad shots. Last night he made some bad plays but handeled it nicely and will learn from them.

Although he has been finishing incredibly in the lane, Crawford needs to work on passing on the fast break. It seems like every time he has the ball in a 2 on 1 situation he'll just put his head down and try to score himself -- usually he gets fouled or makes a contested layup. He needs to pass the darn ball and get EASY uncontested layups.

If he continues to work on shot selection, masters the fast break, and gets a little better on defense he's going to be quite a player for us.

I would add him to the no trade list with Fyre and Curry.
Defense and Toughness
gunsnewing
USA
12/31/2005  4:58 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by misterearl:

Enjoy The Ride

i understand he is going to make mistakes, i am just sick of all the biased BS. everyone bashing marbs when he doesnt have a stellar game, but JC throws it away at the end and still gets praised. i love this team, but the fans are unfair.

patience? he's 29 it's not like he's a rookie
jaydh
12/31/2005  6:04 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by misterearl:

Enjoy The Ride

patience? he's 29 it's not like he's a rookie

its a completely different system, a completely different way of playing that he is used too, yes, patience, ever heard of it?

btw, jc has been in the league 6yrs as well, but still gets the benefit of the doubt.....

[Edited by - jaydh on 12-31-2005 6:05 PM]
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/1/2006  1:24 PM
Funny how JC can have a 4-15 night, chuck the game and have people still licking the sweat off his butt crease. Kinda like Spreee when he was here, but then at least Spree D'd it up pretty good. All this talk we are having about the non-basketball side of basketball being so important. I think the pendulum is swinging back to the old days where folks want to get unathletic players who are good citizens again. Though at this point it's hard to say which situation is worse.

[Edited by - nykshaknbake on 01-01-2006 1:27 PM]

[Edited by - nykshaknbake on 01-01-2006 1:28 PM]
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

1/1/2006  2:25 PM
are u watching???? wat are u supposed to do.. .everytime a player has an off nihgt your supposed to kill them for it???

Please

its about how u HANDLE it... everyone has off nights.. Jordan had off nights... but then u step up and u take responsibility for ur mistakes and u go out and try again.. thats what jamal did

Jamal is giving effort out there, and hes improoved more than any other player on our team so, i think he deserves to be commended for that and especially for being the only player who looked like he cared that we lost in the past 3 months
jaydh
1/1/2006  2:34 PM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Funny how JC can have a 4-15 night, chuck the game and have people still licking the sweat off his butt crease. Kinda like Spreee when he was here, but then at least Spree D'd it up pretty good.

i'm glad i'm not the only one that sees this bias.

jaydh
1/1/2006  2:35 PM
Posted by Elite:

Jamal is giving effort out there, and hes improoved more than any other player on our team so, i think he deserves to be commended for that and especially for being the only player who looked like he cared that we lost in the past 3 months

yea, i'm sure the rest of the team is thrilled to be losing out there. point is, people get on marbs even when he has a good game.

Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
1/2/2006  12:07 AM
Crawford's defense still sucks, he takes better shots, which is huge, but his D is atrocious. I rewatched the game, and he was realy really bad. I can recall about 2 decent possesions with him on D.

I wont give him props for stating the obvious. He had no choice, he blew 3 possesions AND missed both free throws. He singlehandedly lost the game for us.

I would give him props for apologizing for how inconsistant he has been. I fail to see how this is so great.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 01-02-2006 12:11 AM]
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
1/2/2006  10:47 AM
No. It's not about handling bad nights. It's about not having 2/3rds of your games that are bad or off nights. I think that's far more important than saying the right things in front of a camera or showing emotion after a game. This isn't an actors guild or toastmasters, this is basketball or were you just watching the postgame?

Posted by Elite:

are u watching???? wat are u supposed to do.. .everytime a player has an off nihgt your supposed to kill them for it???

Please

its about how u HANDLE it... everyone has off nights.. Jordan had off nights... but then u step up and u take responsibility for ur mistakes and u go out and try again.. thats what jamal did

BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

1/2/2006  11:42 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
I wont give him props for stating the obvious. He had no choice, he blew 3 possesions AND missed both free throws. He singlehandedly lost the game for us.

No props for Jamal for stating the obvious, yet no knocks for Steph when he denies the obvious? How 'bout the Orlando game where he played like a dog with his 5 pts, 3 asts, 0 steals in 40 mins. Does he take a lick of responsibility? No, of course not, he told us it was the coaches system, the refs, and his teammates not hitting their shots.

At least Jamal shows he expects to be an impact player and this team needs that from him.

Steph argues for going through the motions and pawning it off on others. A real winner that one is.

Props to how Jamal handled a bad game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy