[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

3-way rumor
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
7/17/2002  8:29 AM
The new rumor i read in NY daily news is a three-way which sends Sprewell to Detroit, Jerry Stackhouse to Minnesota, and Wally Szczerbiak to New York. He would be a nice player to have, but the question is would you prefer to have him or Glenn Robinson for Sprewell. Right now the Spree-for-Robinson and Johnson deal doesn't seem like a bad idea, seeing how they fit exactly what we need; a bigger small forward and someone who can play center, period. I also think we need to offer Keon Clark the full exception, but not quite the whole thing to Jerome James or anyone else unless we can't get a deal for a center done. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
7/17/2002  9:30 AM
Age and potential make Szerbiak a great pickup. Szerbiak is a young gun and is only 25 years old. Add that with a 27 year old Mcyess and a young PG you have a nice nucleus for a long time. Sure right now Spree is a better scorer right now but who knows in 3 years what Szerbiak will be capable of.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
NYKNICKS34
Member: #292
7/17/2002  9:37 AM
If this trade can happen then i think the knicks should do it. It would improve the knicks and it is better trade than the robinson deal because Wally Szcerbiack is a better player then Robinson.I just want to no if this is a real trade that could really happen or if it is just a trade they made up?
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
7/17/2002  10:06 AM
Posted by NYKNICKS34:

If this trade can happen then i think the knicks should do it. It would improve the knicks and it is better trade than the robinson deal because Wally Szcerbiack is a better player then Robinson.I just want to no if this is a real trade that could really happen or if it is just a trade they made up?

I read this too, it was posted on realgm. I think this trade makes sense for the Knicks because obviously one of their prime objectives is to get younger, and Szczerbiak brings youth to the table if nothing else. He is a great NBA talent as well, no question. I don't like him though. He whines, not to mention the fact that he actually believes he is just as good as KG. He wants to be "the" star, but he doesn't have "the" talent. I have probably said this before, but he reminds me a lot of Allan Houston. Might he go soft when given big money? Time will tell.
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/17/2002  10:31 AM
Posted by ClydeDaGlide:
Posted by NYKNICKS34:

I read this too, it was posted on realgm. I think this trade makes sense for the Knicks because obviously one of their prime objectives is to get younger, and Szczerbiak brings youth to the table if nothing else. He is a great NBA talent as well, no question. I don't like him though. He whines, not to mention the fact that he actually believes he is just as good as KG. He wants to be "the" star, but he doesn't have "the" talent. I have probably said this before, but he reminds me a lot of Allan Houston. Might he go soft when given big money? Time will tell.
i'd rather trade allan houston than latrell.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
7/17/2002  10:40 AM
I don't think this trade can happen really without alot of trade fillers..

Actually I think it's just a Vecsey kind of rumor..

Spree makes $12,375,000 this season

Stack makes $6,000,000 this season

Wally makes $2,933,188 this season

That's an awful lot of filler to be included by Detroit and Minnesota (although a resigned Nesterovic would account for alot) just to make this trade work. Maybe Detroit could absorb Spree's larger salary since they're under the cap but NY and Minny would have to get back as much salary within 15% to make the trade work right?

No use meddling with the realgm tradechecker though, they are still 01-02 salaries.

Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/17/2002  11:03 AM
I thought that Detroit was happy with Stack and his progress this year...less shots and selfish behavior. Why would Detroit want to remesh players after a successfull season?

Agreed knicksbabyyeah, it sounds like a Vescey rumor.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
davpowerslave
Member: #281
7/17/2002  11:30 AM
Posted by Andrew:

I thought that Detroit was happy with Stack and his progress this year...less shots and selfish behavior. Why would Detroit want to remesh players after a successfull season?

Anybody know what stack's contract is right now? Is it expiring soon? Maybe detroit doesnt want to committ 20-25 million for him on a max contract in the future, they figure sprewell can still help them for the next few years? I dont know, just suggestions as to why they would even explore this deal. You guys are right though, because the deal doesnt make much sense from the detroit side, unless the filler they get is a good player at a spot they need.....there would have to be alot of filler in order to make this work.
Andrew
USA
7/17/2002  11:41 AM
Stack is guarenteed through the 2005 season...so he isn't expiring soon.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
nykfan4ever
Member: #193
7/17/2002  12:46 PM
its in insider...can some1 post the rumor?
Andrew
USA
7/17/2002  1:10 PM
Posted by nykfan4ever:

its in insider...can some1 post the rumor?

It just recaps the NY Daily News artile, but here it is.
The latest Spree trade rumor, courtesy of the N.Y. Daily News, is a complicated three-team deal that would send Sprewell to Detroit, Jerry Stackhouse to Minnesota and bring Wally Szczerbiak home to the Knicks. The Bucks also have interest in a possible Latrell Sprewell-for-Glenn Robinson trade that has been circulating around the league for the last month? "Hell, yeah," coach George Karl told the NY Daily News. "That's Ernie's area," coach Karl said of GM Ernie Grunfeld. "Right now, we're willing to listen to anything." The Knicks have also made efforts to move Spree to the T-Wolves for big man Rasho Nesterovic and/or Szczerbiak. However, GM Kevin McHale has indicated that he doesn't intend to trade either player.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
7/17/2002  2:13 PM
Posted by Andrew:

stack stunk up the playoffs, big time
Knixkik
USA
7/17/2002  10:07 PM
Like some of you said, the deal is intriguing but it seems like it's too complicated to be completed. There's much more of a chance for a deal with Milwaukee getting done.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/18/2002  12:29 AM
Posted by Andrew:

No it wasn't vescey, it was David Aldridge from espn. He said Ny and Detroit has agreed on the deal but waiting for Minnesota's response. The trade would involve other players for it to happen. Wally shot over 50% this year and made the all-star team. He is a natural small forward 6'7 244pds and only 24yrs of age..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
USA
7/18/2002  12:43 AM
Posted by falcindor:

Age and potential make Szerbiak a great pickup. Szerbiak is a young gun and is only 25 years old. Add that with a 27 year old Mcyess and a young PG you have a nice nucleus for a long time. Sure right now Spree is a better scorer right now but who knows in 3 years what Szerbiak will be capable of.
Good pt facindor. i was saying that all along until someone named nwny was trying to grill me on this topic. If knicks do this trade, not only will they get younger but they'll have a natural sf at 6'7 244pds. I hear people sayin wally got no heart or he's too soft. Well, you know what??? Under Chaney, he'll toughen up and will groom very well under the knicks system. He made his first all-star game last yr and shot over 50%field goal which is very good. Spree is getting old and if they keep spree, sooner or later knicks won't be able to trade him anymore.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
USA
7/18/2002  1:10 AM
Posted by knicksbb10:
Posted by Andrew:

No it wasn't vescey, it was David Aldridge from espn. He said Ny and Detroit has agreed on the deal but waiting for Minnesota's response. The trade would involve other players for it to happen. Wally shot over 50% this year and made the all-star team. He is a natural small forward 6'7 244pds and only 24yrs of age..
IF anyone wants to hear more on the trade rumor, please turn on to ESPN 11:00pm,1:00am,2:00am.... Espn just said they will discuss the deal proposal...... 7/18/02 1:26am
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Knixkik
USA
7/18/2002  8:27 AM
I've been hearing a lot from ESPNEWS on the proposal. Aldridge says the main componants are Sprewell, Stackhouse, and Szczerbiak, but many more players will be involved, hopefully with us getting a decent center. The Twolves currently have the trade on hold because they need to think about it more.
UKDad
Member: #31
USA
7/18/2002  8:45 AM
With the one young guy that we had down for the count (and how long will that be) - it might be a time for the Knicks to rethink the season and do what a lot of us have been wishing for, a new start with a young team... That said, the time would be right to trade Spree for youth.. Wally might be someone the NY crowd could identify with, and we could go on picking up some other youthful bangers for the middle. -- Thoughts?????
The Old Man of UK...
Knixkik
USA
7/18/2002  9:02 AM
Posted by UKDad:

With the one young guy that we had down for the count (and how long will that be) - it might be a time for the Knicks to rethink the season and do what a lot of us have been wishing for, a new start with a young team... That said, the time would be right to trade Spree for youth.. Wally might be someone the NY crowd could identify with, and we could go on picking up some other youthful bangers for the middle. -- Thoughts?????
There's no question the Knicks need to get younger, but they also need to maintain having 3 standout players and therefore stay competitive. Layden did a good job of that getting McDyess because we add a young, but already proven player. Szczerbiak would be the same way. If we traded Sprewell to get him we would be trading someone going on 32 for someone only 25 and already an all-star. Now we've added two legit all-stars and neither of them have even hit their primes. Thats what we need to do with this team, add young proven players that make the team better now and improve each year on their own.
Caseloads
7/18/2002  9:10 AM
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by UKDad:

There's no question the Knicks need to get younger, but they also need to maintain having 3 standout players and therefore stay competitive. Layden did a good job of that getting McDyess because we add a young, but already proven player. Szczerbiak would be the same way. If we traded Sprewell to get him we would be trading someone going on 32 for someone only 25 and already an all-star. Now we've added two legit all-stars and neither of them have even hit their primes. Thats what we need to do with this team, add young proven players that make the team better now and improve each year on their own.
wally won't be as good in ny - or anywhere else. the minny system they cover for him defensively and set him up completely on offense - alot of times he gets the rock off of KG double teams. furthermore, in ny, it'd be impossible for us to cover for wally because we're already covering for houston's defensive defeciencies. plus, wally STEALS passes intended for his teammates on offense! are you kidding me, this is the type of guy we need in ny?!
3-way rumor

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy