[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Possible changes?
Author Thread
RonRon
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #246
7/16/2002  9:24 AM

You think Allan Houston or Spewell could be sharing the pg duties? A player like clarence weatherspoon/doleac/anderson can fill the 3 spot. Im assuming this might happen if ward gets traded for a center. If the knicks cant get additional pg, eisley and frank williams can play the bench roles. Just think about it, defensively we might not be that bad afterall.

Player Guarded

Houston/frank williams/eisley / PG
Spree/anderson / SG
Doleac/weatherspoon/ SF
Mcdyess/ thomas /PF
? James/Nesterovic/James/Dampier/Clark?

It looks like the knicks wouldnt be undersized anymore? However, they look a lot slower? What do you guys think of a lineup like this? Can it possibly work out?
Doleac could provide some shot blocking and help defense at SF. He also has a sweet jumper to create room for sprewell, houston, mcdyess. I know spree didnt have much sucess running poing guard in the knicks but with a different lineup, new coach, and new fast paced game make any difference?

Why I believe it might happen...

Spree/houston sharing PG...
Layden might be planning this out the whole time. It doesnt seem like the knicks will try to acquire another pg with exception to Dre and Davis however its almost possible the deal wouldnt go through. It is also obvious they are going to trade ward or eisley if they can. Is eisley or ward starting material pg? On top of that is rookie, Frank Williams really ready to accept the roles of a NBA backup pg? Will Dolan, Chaney, Layden really take that chance?

...also with spree and houston playing the 1 and 2, clarence weatherspoon or another player can be put to use, instead of on the bench. Remember weatherspoon played as a SF in cleveland when he averaged a 10/10.

Doleac at SF...
I dont really see Doleac as real material for a center? I dont believe he addresses the team needs on for rebounding, toughness, shotblocking, or defense, as a center even for the east. But Layden still seems a little intrigued by him. Possible Doleac can be similiar to kirilinko's role in utah?

I would like to listen to all opinions on my view...

AUTOADVERT
davpowerslave
Member: #281
7/16/2002  10:42 AM
Posted by RonRon:

You think Allan Houston or Spewell could be sharing the pg duties? A player like clarence weatherspoon/doleac/anderson can fill the 3 spot. Im assuming this might happen if ward gets traded for a center. If the knicks cant get additional pg, eisley and frank williams can play the bench roles. Just think about it, defensively we might not be that bad afterall.

Player Guarded

Spree/anderson / SG
Doleac/weatherspoon/ SF
Mcdyess/ thomas /PF

It looks like the knicks wouldnt be undersized anymore? However, they look a lot slower? What do you guys think of a lineup like this? Can it possibly work out?
Doleac could provide some shot blocking and help defense at SF. He also has a sweet jumper to create room for sprewell, houston, mcdyess. I know spree didnt have much sucess running poing guard in the knicks but with a different lineup, new coach, and new fast paced game make any difference?

Why I believe it might happen...

Spree/houston sharing PG...
Layden might be planning this out the whole time. It doesnt seem like the knicks will try to acquire another pg with exception to Dre and Davis however its almost possible the deal wouldnt go through. It is also obvious they are going to trade ward or eisley if they can. Is eisley or ward starting material pg? On top of that is rookie, Frank Williams really ready to accept the roles of a NBA backup pg? Will Dolan, Chaney, Layden really take that chance?

...also with spree and houston playing the 1 and 2, clarence weatherspoon or another player can be put to use, instead of on the bench. Remember weatherspoon played as a SF in cleveland when he averaged a 10/10.

Doleac at SF...
I dont really see Doleac as real material for a center? I dont believe he addresses the team needs on for rebounding, toughness, shotblocking, or defense, as a center even for the east. But Layden still seems a little intrigued by him. Possible Doleac can be similiar to kirilinko's role in utah?

Its not happening, the knicks have already tried it, houston is terrible when pressured and sprewell's game suffers because he has to concentrate so much on handling the ball, neither of them are quick enough to guard point guards, so the defense suffers there....on the offensive end, theres a clear size advantage, but sprewell and houston both like to shoot from the outside, they wont back it in, and that ruins your offense anyway, guys just stand around on the perimeter watching, remember how it was with jackson posting up, alot of good that did us....no they explored this option, they are tired of having people play out of position and are trying to correct that, even if it means trading sprewell.

davpowerslave
Member: #281
7/16/2002  11:01 AM
Posted by RonRon:

Spree/anderson / SG
Doleac/weatherspoon/ SF
Mcdyess/ thomas /PF

Doleac at SF...

Doleac is not a small forward, If they sign him, he will backup center and power forward, he can shoot it from the outside, can help draw opposing big men out of the paint....your right when you say he's not very physical, but chances are thomas will play the bulk of the minutes at center anyway, and doleac is just there to be a servicable backup. I prefer james cuz he's big, but it appears the knicks are a bit worried about weight, bad knees that they may not offer him more than 3 yrs, and according to reports, he has been offered more by at least 2 other teams.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/16/2002  4:04 PM
Neither Spree or Allan is suitable for PG duties. The only viable way to put them both in the backcourt is to get a player capable of bringing the ball up (mad handles a definite requirement) and playing the 3 spot effectively.

Someone like Lamar Odom or Ron Artest can fill the bill...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
7/17/2002  12:29 AM
Doleac could provide some shot blocking and help defense at SF.

Doleac would only be the biggest defensive liability at SF. He is too slight of foot to be able to guard any SF in the NBA one on one. This notion is just absurd.
Possible changes?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy