[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

WAKE UP & SMELL THE COFFEE !!!
Author Thread
K9
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #242
USA
7/15/2002  9:17 AM
SPREWELL FOR BIG DOG & JOHNSON IS THE BEST DEAL !!! ( IF WE CAN'T GET BARON DAVIS ) SPREWELL IS 32YRS OLD, 6'5 WHO TURNS THE BALL OVER ALOT, TAKES BAD SHOTS & IS SELFISH IN HIS OLD AGE !!! BIG DOG AT 6'9 IS DEFENSE IN ITS SELF, HIS OFFENSE IS ALSO HIS DEFENSE, PLUS AT 6'9 HE CAN REBOUND & HIS OFFENSE IS 3 TIMES BETTER THAN SPREWELL'S WITH LESS TURNOVERS !!! THINK ABOUT IT: C=JOHNSON 7'1 / PF=MCDYESS 6'10 / SF=BIG DOG 6'9 / SG=HOUSTON 6'6 / THE ONLY QUESTION LEFT IS DO WE KEEP KT AS THE BACKUP C/PF OR DO WE TRADE HIM FOR VAN EXEL ??? THAT IS A TOUGH ONE FOR ME !!!
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/15/2002  9:27 AM
Getting a big man and a starting SF without giving up any size is interesting. I don't agree with your "offense is big dogs defense" statement, but I wouldn't mind this trade....as long as McDyess (or someone else) can lead the team emotionally.

And K9....please turn off your caps lock.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
K9
USA
7/15/2002  9:53 AM
sorry about the caps ANDREW. I don't know why people are against this deal, you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
Andrew
USA
7/15/2002  10:35 AM
Posted by K9:

sorry about the caps ANDREW. I don't know why people are against this deal, you kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I think people are against this deal because you give up a player in Sprewell that hates to lose, and you can depend on to step it up when the chips are down. Plus he is a huge fan favorite in NY. Big dog has a reputation of not caring as much, and not playing hard....especially on the defensive end.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
K9
USA
7/15/2002  10:54 AM
sprewell had a bad image as well remember ?? selfish, cancer, bad attitude & non coachable. sprewell changed, so can big dog !!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/15/2002  12:08 PM
Posted by K9:

sprewell had a bad image as well remember ?? selfish, cancer, bad attitude & non coachable. sprewell changed, so can big dog !!!

remember, one is reputation, the other is heart. Heart is very hard to change.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Andrew
USA
7/15/2002  12:15 PM
Oh, and Glen Robinson is 6-7, not 6-9.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
7/15/2002  1:31 PM
How old was Derek Harper when whe went to the finals in '94?

I'm not sure, but he was significantly older than 32, right?
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
davpowerslave
Member: #281
7/15/2002  2:05 PM
Posted by knixphan:

How old was Derek Harper when whe went to the finals in '94?

I'm not sure, but he was significantly older than 32, right?

I think he was 32, whats your point?
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/15/2002  2:21 PM
If you're gonna trade Spree then you trade him for a Bonifide player that will give the team the same fire,energy,defensive prowess,refuge to lose attitude, heart,determination,killer instinct and nastiness he brings out on the court day in and day out.. So K9, name me some players in that category and please Robinson isn't even on that list. He may have an offensive game but can't play defense and has no heart.. Why do you think milwaukee is fed up with him??? George Karl likes players that can play D, thats why he wants Spree...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
K9
USA
7/15/2002  4:50 PM
KNICKSBB10, we havn't won with him, so how bad could it be without him ??? Last year we lost leads not because of our defense, OUR OFFENSE !!! We couldn't score at all. We couldn't score in a room full of ho's on dollar night !!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/15/2002  5:28 PM
Man, listen...
Do we really need another jump-shooter? Spree is a Slasher, has a decent J, and can D up on most players in the league. Plus he has a fire that we need more of on this team. Big dog is just not bringing that to the table. BTW, I know that we can do better @ the 5 than Ervin "No-Magic" Johnson...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/15/2002  7:23 PM
Posted by K9:

KNICKSBB10, we havn't won with him, so how bad could it be without him ??? Last year we lost leads not because of our defense, OUR OFFENSE !!! We couldn't score at all. We couldn't score in a room full of ho's on dollar night !!!
We couldn't score on offense cause we had lost our legit post up player named LJ. There was no bonifide post up guy for the knicks that can draw the double-team..My probelm with Spree is, based on those intangibles i mentioned earlier, he's way too aggressive. Sometimes he tend to forget his teammates and want to do it all by himself which usually turns out bad for the knicks.. Spree gets too hyped up sometimes and it hurts the team.. Knick fans should remember when he was in Golden State leading the team, they didn't go nowhere either. SOme knick fans didn't like the sarcastic comment he made on Ewing 2yrs ago. I think it left a bad taste on some knick fans. I feel if they're gonna trade spree then gets someone whose really good and young. There was some probelm between knick players regarding the PG's feeding houston more than Spree cause Sprewell chucks too much. I don't know how much of that is true but it seem to me you want this trade for Robinson and Erving to happen, Well, you're not the only one cause based on certain reports, Chaney agreed on such trade but Layden declined it.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/15/2002  10:19 PM
First of all 32 is not Old, plus with spree he has that type of wiry body and great athleticism that will take him a long way, spree is built like Gary payton, those type of players play well into their 30's. So lets get rid of the Old issue. giving up a 32 year old for spree for a 29 year old like Big Dog is not really getting younger...
Next I think we can get better value for spree, I am just not sold on Robinson....Be patient something will unfold better than the deals on the table now...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/16/2002  2:11 AM
Posted by knicksbb10:

My probelm with Spree is, based on those intangibles i mentioned earlier, he's way too aggressive.
Really? I always thought that was called Heart. Some may prefer the Vulcan-like demeanor of Allan Houston, but IMO we need more Fire on this team.

Sometimes he tend to forget his teammates and want to do it all by himself which usually turns out bad for the knicks..
Like all the games he stepped up more than anyone on the team. I am sure that someone besides me remembers this...

Spree gets too hyped up sometimes and it hurts the team.. Knick fans should remember when he was in Golden State leading the team, they didn't go nowhere either.
OK, and we remember that he was the only one steppin' up for real on that team too. Who'd you rather see leading the charge? Allan "Strong to the hole? What's That???" Houston? Come on, man...

There was some probelm between knick players regarding the PG's feeding houston more than Spree cause Sprewell chucks too much. I don't know how much of that is true...
I recall the article stating that Spree thought Charlie was passing to Allan more since those two are close friends and Bible buddies... Big Difference...

Just tyrying to keep this discussion from getting lopsided.
Balance is the only cure for bias...

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
alex4germany
Member: #282
7/16/2002  5:16 AM
I don`t think that this deal would enhance the Knicks performance. Robinson will slow down the game. He`s a fine shooter but he`s got some pair of slow legs. And Johnson is just tall. He`s just tall. This guy is as stiff as a stiff guy can be. I don`t think that Robinson, Dice and Houston can co-exist together on the floor. Robinson is a guy who`s demanding every ball and taking the most shot`s. Sprewell`s not selfish as some guys say. Now we have A shooter (Huey), a slasher (Spree) and a basher (Dice). Maybe I`m wrong, maybe I`m right. But Robinson is too slow and his defense lacks a lot. His offense is whooha but his defense is ooooooops.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/16/2002  6:04 AM
Posted by alex4germany:

I don`t think that this deal would enhance the Knicks performance. Robinson will slow down the game. He`s a fine shooter but he`s got some pair of slow legs. And Johnson is just tall. He`s just tall. This guy is as stiff as a stiff guy can be. I don`t think that Robinson, Dice and Houston can co-exist together on the floor. Robinson is a guy who`s demanding every ball and taking the most shot`s. Sprewell`s not selfish as some guys say. Now we have A shooter (Huey), a slasher (Spree) and a basher (Dice). Maybe I`m wrong, maybe I`m right. But Robinson is too slow and his defense lacks a lot. His offense is whooha but his defense is ooooooops.

Big Dog's lack of speed and defense is always mentioned, but some folks just don't ever get it. You are right on point IMO.
NYKNICKS34
Member: #292
7/16/2002  12:44 PM
Do you think a Spree for Mashburn trade happen and if it could happen would the knicks want to do it?
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/16/2002  3:41 PM
Posted by NYKNICKS34:

Do you think a Spree for Mashburn trade happen and if it could happen would the knicks want to do it?

I think that alot depends on what Baron Davis ends up doing. I'd rather have Davis than Mash...
WAKE UP & SMELL THE COFFEE !!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy