[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Threeway deal
Author Thread
dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
7/14/2002  3:49 PM
The Cavs need a power forward because their only option is the unreliable Tyrone Hill. And even though the Cavs claim that Miller and rookie Dajuan Wagner can play together, neither is much bigger than 6-2.

These teams seem destined to make a trade. Since the Cavaliers may want Ely over Wilcox, Pluto suggests a Miller for Miles and Ely trade. The Clippers would rather send Odom over Miles, but his drug problems and last year’s injury drops his trade value.
Source: Real GM

When I read this article right, isn't there a posibility for the Knicks to send KT to the Cavs, who need a PF (see above) and get Odom from the Clippers while the Clippers get 'Dre Miller?!

Well lets dream a bit!
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/14/2002  5:10 PM
Run the trade thru RealGM, and check the numbers (post the trade # so we can check it too). You may need to throw in players to make it work, but it should be possible.

Good idea, though.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
dodger78
Germany
7/14/2002  5:54 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Run the trade thru RealGM, and check the numbers (post the trade # so we can check it too). You may need to throw in players to make it work, but it should be possible.

Good idea, though.
Allready tried it trade number is 677577, we'd get Odom and Wilcox, the Cavs get Kurt Thomas and the Clippers get Miller and Coles.
The trade is still a bit lopsided but i think the basic idea favors all!
dodger78
Germany
7/14/2002  5:59 PM
The trade also works with Doleac (sign and trade) instead of Coles!
Trade number is 677585!
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
7/14/2002  6:29 PM
Cleveland needs more... Getting Thomas for giving up 'Dre and Doleac? I doubt they would do that...and if they would...why dont we screw the clips and get Dre and Doleac for ourselves? it solves our problems, then sign James... for this trade to work I think we need to throw in sprewell and ward to the cavs (ward expires soon), and maybe we can get Ely and Dooling from the clippers...Dooling is expendable with 'Dre.. Sometihng like:

Cleveland gives up: Doleac, 'Dre
Cleveland gets: Spree, Thomas, Ward

New York gives up: Spree, Thomas, Ward, Harrington
New York receives: Odom, Wilcox, Dooling

LA gives up: Wilcox, Odom, Dooling
LA receives: Miller, Doleac, Harrington

That makes more sense to me and it makes things more even...Ely can play the 5 and we have a good back up 4 in Wilcox...imagine

PG: Dooling/Williams/Eisley (still crowded)
sG: Houston (Postell)
SF: Odom (Anderson)
PF: Dice (Wilcox/Weatherspoon)
C: James? (Collins/Wilcox?)

I still doubt cleveland would do this but this is more likely than 'Dre and Doleac for just thomas.

[Edited by - NYBAller on 07/14/2002 18:31:56]
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Knick2001
Member: #83
7/14/2002  9:51 PM
Clippers would never give up Wilcox and Odom for what their getting back.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/14/2002  10:42 PM
Posted by Knick2001:

Clippers would never give up Wilcox and Odom for what their getting back.

They want to dump Odom, and Wilcox is useless with Ely and Brand already there...Miller is prob #2 PG behind Kidd, and that's on Cleveland...on the clippers he could pass Kidd.
Their team:
PG: Miller, McInnis
SG: Richardson, Magette
SF: Miles, Magette
PF: Brand, Ely
C: Kandi, Ely

That is a pretty sick lineup if you ask me, I think Miles can take over where Odom left off, since Odom played only 29 games last year, and one of either WIlcox or Ely is expendable...I'd take either one.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Threeway deal

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy