[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Keep it local.
Author Thread
dmeesq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #124
7/14/2002  2:02 PM
Given Byron Scott's dissatisfaction with both Van Horn and Kittles, would NJ do a swap of those two for Houston? Or some combo involving these players and Charlie Ward and NJ filler?

I would probably do this trade. NY finally gets rid of Houston's albatross like contract and Byron Scott gets a smooth shooting scorer(much like Byron himself in his heyday with the Lakers) in Houston who would do very well getting lots of free shots from Kidd's set-ups.

NY does this because it gives them a bona fide, big SF who can rebound well (although his defense and killer instinct are suspect) and allows them to move Spree back to SG, with Kittles as a very good back-up to Spree.

Any thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/14/2002  2:06 PM
I am leery about that deal (due to my feelings about the Nets- utter disdain!), and I am sot so sure about whether those numbers match either. Try the trade on RealGM and see if it's accepted...
(You may have to tweak it a little due to Allan's Base Year Contract, but it's far from impossible to compose a fair trade.)

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/14/2002 14:10:51]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
dmeesq
Member: #124
7/14/2002  2:18 PM
It can't be tested on trade checker since August 1 is when the BYC labels come off of both Houston and Van Horn. However, assuming that once that happens, and if the numbers work, do you pull off a trade like this, bringing in extra fillers to make it happen?
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/14/2002  2:19 PM
I'll tell you this for sure. We don't want any magican on our knicks team. Van horn pulled a disappearing act mostly during the playoffs. His own coach is grilling him left and right. Nets gm will be getting rid of him but it will be somewhat difficult. As for kittles, you don't know if his knee is sound for the remainder of his career. At least Houston shows up in the playoffs when it counts averaging 19.5 pts 45%field goal and nearly 90% free throw line...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
thomasdice
Member: #256
USA
7/15/2002  3:56 AM
haha.

"finally gets rid of", referring to houston's contract.

that was only about a year or two ago,
and I honestly don't think management is saying to themselves,

"you know, we shouldn't have signed allan to that much money"
Jerome from Manhattan is my dad. Doris from Regal Park is my mother.
Dan1078
Member: #283
7/15/2002  11:56 AM
Allan Houston is a far better player than Byron Scott was.
davpowerslave
Member: #281
7/15/2002  12:07 PM
Nets wouldnt do it simply because they are preparing themselves to throw money at kidd next offseason.......how many max contracts could the nets support.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/15/2002  3:25 PM
Posted by davpowerslave:

Nets wouldnt do it simply because they are preparing themselves to throw money at kidd next offseason.......how many max contracts could the nets support.

More than the Knicks can at this point...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
davpowerslave
Member: #281
7/15/2002  3:29 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by davpowerslave:

More than the Knicks can at this point...

The knicks make more than the nets do, its just a fact, look at
the ticket prices they charge.....certainly the nets have a much smaller payroll then the knicks, but that doesnt mean they can go out and have an 80 million dollar payroll like the knicks and still make money, the ownership probably wouldnt be willing to spend that much on this team.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/15/2002  3:57 PM
Posted by davpowerslave:

The knicks make more than the nets do, its just a fact, look at
the ticket prices they charge.....certainly the nets have a much smaller payroll then the knicks, but that doesnt mean they can go out and have an 80 million dollar payroll like the knicks and still make money, the ownership probably wouldnt be willing to spend that much on this team.

True indeed...We're the largest, richest franchise in the league. However, considering the Nets' Fluke Run to the Finals (and how they caught the broomstick in those Finals ), I'd think they would want to fine tune the team (of course they believe they can get back to the finals...LOL).

IMO, They want to bring in someone else who can beg Jason Kidd to stay in their swamp. Probably a "big" name...

That won't help 'em though.
Keep it local.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy