[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GREAT TRADE FOR KNICKS!!!!!!!!!
Author Thread
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
7/13/2002  2:24 PM
The probelm isn't getting a pg. it's finding a natural SF that could play pg so you could move Spree in the backcourt alongside H20. Now with that, you can easily say they'll be the most formidable deadly backcourt in the east cause they now have a small forward who will be playing PG. I did a trade in realgm.com #676104 It invovles Kurt Thomas for Lamar Odom straight up and it works. WOW!!!! This would be the lineup:
SG.H20,Frank W.,Ward
SG.Spree,Postell
C. James or Doleac or Jarron C. or whoever that could protect McDyess,clog the middle and get physical
SF.Odom,S.anderson
PF.McDyess,Weatherspoon
Thats a championship caliber team there and you don't have to rid yourself of Spree. H20 and Spree backcourt would be Modern day Frazier/Monroe .... What you knick fans think????????
The Future. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
7/13/2002  2:35 PM
So you mean Odom becomes like, a point-forward, bringing the ball up? How's his handle? And court vision? - I've never really seen him in that capacity...
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
7/13/2002  2:44 PM
The Knicks tried the Spree-Houston backcourt several times throughout 00, and 01. Spree's handle was terrible. Guards forced him left, bc he could only go right. On paper that looks nice, but it just doesnt work.
Knick2001
Member: #83
7/13/2002  3:18 PM
The "big" backcourt is/was a miserable failure. Spree is the defacto SF unless he can be traded for a bigger SF which this team desperately needs.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/13/2002  3:50 PM
Posted by Knick2001:

The "big" backcourt is/was a miserable failure. Spree is the defacto SF unless he can be traded for a bigger SF which this team desperately needs.
But if we bring in Odom for thomas and maybe ward, he can play the point forward...and then we can play the big backcourt with lamar bringing the ball up - I like this trade because we get bigger and we get the point-guardish player...Odom can play point forward because he used to be PG height and then had a growth spurt, so he has the skills. Then we can sign a center and we go from being undersized to one of the bigger teams..
SG1: Spree, Frank Williams, Eisley
SG2: Houston, Postell
SF(PG): Odom, Anderson
PF: Dice, Harrington, Weatherspoon
C: ???
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
7/13/2002  3:57 PM
True about Odom, he's got all the skills needed to be a good PG but he's 6'10", so a point forward (some might even say a super forward).

I don't see a KT trade nabbing Odom though, but would be ecstatic if that trade went down.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/13/2002  4:32 PM
"The "big" backcourt is/was a miserable failure. Spree is the defacto SF unless he can be traded for a bigger SF which this team desperately needs." (knick2001)

"The Knicks tried the Spree-Houston backcourt several times throughout 00, and 01. Spree's handle was terrible. Guards forced him left, bc he could only go right. On paper that looks nice, but it just doesnt work." (LJ2)

I did forget to point out Odom has one of the best ballhandling skills in the NBA... He's very unselfish and once was compared to being the next magic johnson when he came to the league. 6'10 lanky body whose capable of rebounding and providing alot of assist. Like i said, the backcourt won't fail cause spree won't be bringing the ball neither is houston. Odom also possess superb defense. he's one of the top all around players in the league. They would now have a point forward who could become one of the best players in the league if he can get his personal probelm straigthen out.. that's the only way spree and houston can co-exist in this team. If Spree remains at the 3 then knicks will always be a small lineup and will suffer... The old bulls had jordan, harper whose really a sg and pippen who was 6'7 and had the responibility of bringing the ball downcourt. Same scenario!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/13/2002  5:31 PM
That is a great Idea, I have been a fan of Odom since his days at Rhode Island. Odom has great handles, moves well, is a great passer and is very unselfish. that line up would work because spree could guard PG's and all we need is for odom to get the offense going. Not a bad trade but I think that chaney wants the traditional PG to run the offense...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
thomasdice
Member: #256
USA
7/13/2002  5:41 PM
dream on, many teams might still think kt's year was a flash in the pan. odom has had his on-and-off injury hindrances but kt is still not enough to draw odom because is his potential when he's at full strength, as shown in his first two seasons.
Jerome from Manhattan is my dad. Doris from Regal Park is my mother.
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
7/13/2002  5:59 PM
have to agree and said it before,
I don't see a KT trade nabbing Odom though, but would be ecstatic if that trade went down.

a straight up swap for Odom isn't good enough.

There might be a possibility if Odom is traded to the Cavs, but then the NYK would have to pick up some of their dreck (big Z for instance).
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/14/2002  4:03 AM
IMO, that trade can happen. I like the lineup- it keeps our 3 guns together, and can make our offense worlds better. Odom bringing the ball up, Spree's shooting & slashing, and Houston getting more open J's... McDyess "Boundin' & Astoundin'" (I can hear Clyde now)...

We sign a solid big man or two(for shotblocks/rebounding) and flesh out our bench with a little more talent (if ppossible), and we're back in the mix for the Bling-Bling.

Oh, and the highlight reels would be sick....

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/14/2002 04:05:04]

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/14/2002 04:05:40]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
dmeesq
Member: #124
7/14/2002  1:55 PM
Why would LA do this? Theyve already got one of the best young PFs in the game at Brand, and they've just drafted Wilcox and Ely, at least one of whom they will keep. To add Thomas to the mix slows the development of the young PFs. This trade is not happening.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/14/2002  2:02 PM
Posted by dmeesq:

Why would LA do this? Theyve already got one of the best young PFs in the game at Brand, and they've just drafted Wilcox and Ely, at least one of whom they will keep. To add Thomas to the mix slows the development of the young PFs. This trade is not happening.

Point well taken. Does a 3-team deal sound more realistic? It has been mentioned and sounds like a realistic possibility. (Maybe we can even somehow keep KT and get Odom.)

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/14/2002 14:35:28]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
killacross
Member: #58
USA
7/14/2002  10:56 PM
Posted by dmeesq:

Totally agree. Half of the people on this board no nothing about basketball(I guess its too many people from the espn board). We could never get odom for KT. First of all KT could not play center so LA would have way to many PF's as previously stated. Let's say OK... the spree-Houston-odom lineup does work out. That means that in a few years you would have 4 people on your roster that make the max. That would never work out $wise.
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/15/2002  12:03 AM
why dont we just let the Knicks focus on getting a center - spree, McD, and H20 is a formidable lineup, regardless of spree being a small SF. I would take those three any day.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
bigboymumu
Member: #251
7/15/2002  5:45 PM
Clippers are stupid but not that stupid. Besides, the Clippers already have 3 pfs.
GREAT TRADE FOR KNICKS!!!!!!!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy