[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rice-A-Rocket
Author Thread
vysions
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #39
USA
8/17/2001  2:10 PM
Lets start singing. Rice a Rocket the Houston Texas treat.
here are two message from Clutch city boards + a link to sporting news in Houston
--------

Rice is a Rocket. Picks exchanged.

here's the wire link from Sporting News:http://tsn.sportingnews.com/nba/articles/20010817/336638.html

it was supposed to have been stated that the press conference was over and at :
At about 12:45 KRIV's newswoman said the press conference was over and that Rice was a Rocket.

Good bye to stale Rice.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/17/2001  2:19 PM
Thank god the deal got done. I really like Anderson and Eisley and think they will help our chemistry a lot more then Glen Rice did. This deal improved us a lot.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/17/2001  2:35 PM
I want to know what future considerations means. 2nd round pick? Lottery protected 1st rounder?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
USA
8/17/2001  3:38 PM
It could also mean cash instead of draft picks. Or maybe one team sent cash and the other sent a pick. Either way "future considerations" is very unspecific and no one knows exactly what it means. Thats why it's being stated the way it is.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/17/2001  3:47 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

It could also mean cash instead of draft picks. Or maybe one team sent cash and the other sent a pick. Either way "future considerations" is very unspecific and no one knows exactly what it means. Thats why it's being stated the way it is.

It's probably part of the Dolan anti-press policy.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/17/2001  3:51 PM
Posted by Andrew:

I want to know what future considerations means. 2nd round pick? Lottery protected 1st rounder?
Yeah, i'm curious too about how much of our future we gave away.
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/17/2001  3:57 PM
Posted by Knixkik:

Thank god the deal got done. I really like Anderson and Eisley and think they will help our chemistry a lot more then Glen Rice did. This deal improved us a lot.
There is a huge logjam at PG though, with Ward on the outside looking in, and with Eisley poised to capture the starting PG job from MJax, which will have him on the outs looking in (and Jax's contract doesn't end for another 3 years, and Jax isn't a good one to bring off the bench, honestly, i'd rather have Ward off the bench). I say we try and trade MJax if Eisley works out. I think this is the team we are going to go into camp with and then see who is expendable, Jax or Ward... I think Ward and his knees are better to go, but Jax is old and slow. Too bad we dont have a young 3rd string QB (PG) to get minutes if we could trade Jax and have Ward stay on as Eisley's backup if Eisley is a capable starting PG... Eisley might turn out to be another Erick Strickland - (in VG's style of play) A SG in a PG's body and get shipped out of town. We all know that E. Strickland was a suitable PG in Dallas, but wasn't in NY. We shall see.
killacross
Member: #58
USA
8/17/2001  9:37 PM
Posted by Caseloads:
Posted by Knixkik:

There is a huge logjam at PG though, with Ward on the outside looking in, and with Eisley poised to capture the starting PG job from MJax, which will have him on the outs looking in (and Jax's contract doesn't end for another 3 years, and Jax isn't a good one to bring off the bench, honestly, i'd rather have Ward off the bench). I say we try and trade MJax if Eisley works out. I think this is the team we are going to go into camp with and then see who is expendable, Jax or Ward... I think Ward and his knees are better to go, but Jax is old and slow. Too bad we dont have a young 3rd string QB (PG) to get minutes if we could trade Jax and have Ward stay on as Eisley's backup if Eisley is a capable starting PG... Eisley might turn out to be another Erick Strickland - (in VG's style of play) A SG in a PG's body and get shipped out of town. We all know that E. Strickland was a suitable PG in Dallas, but wasn't in NY. We shall see.

I think that if would be much smarter to trade ward. He can bring us more (in terms of a better big man) and besides i want to see the "new" mark jackson to see if he is really in better shape. BTW we have a 3rd string qb/pg its brunson.. LOL

killacross
ya cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me
Knixkik
USA
8/18/2001  5:15 PM
I agree ward is the next guy that needs to go, but we don't know who we can trade him for. Here are my ideas.

Ward, Wright or other throw-in for Adonal Foyle and Vonteego Cummings or other throw-in. Cummings would be an upgrade over Brunson at third string point.

Ward for Brad Miller or Ward and Postell for Miller and AJ Guyton who would be an upgrade over Brunson.

Ward for Jim Mcllvaine. It works capwise and even though he's probably not our best option, he would still be a decent pick-up and an upgrade over Knight. NJ is looking for a point guard to back-up Kidd.

Ward and a throw-in to Utah for Greg Ostertag and a future pick. They need a point guard bad and Ward would be good for them.

Ward and Harrington to LAC for Micheal Olowankandi and Derek Strong. I'm not sure if they would do it, but i have heard they have interest in ward. if we did this deal we could get capspace by buying out Strong's contract.

Those are my ideas, but i'm sure there are other good options out there.
Knixkik
USA
8/18/2001  5:18 PM
Micheal Olowankandi

I don't get it. It even edits his name for no reason. Could be time to look for a new editing system.
Rice-A-Rocket

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy