[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

question of point guards
Author Thread
thomasdice
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #256
USA
7/13/2002  12:07 AM
here's a list of potential point guards. nevermind whos starting, signed, etc...everyone just pick two (although eisley is gonna remain on the time whether he gets time or not).

charlie ward
howard eisley
frank williams
horace jenkins

I would mention previously surmised point guards that we would acquire through trades but it's looking more like the knicks are gonna sign a center to the full exception and have thomas split time or backup the center unless they can get a feasible return for thomas&ward.
Jerome from Manhattan is my dad. Doris from Regal Park is my mother.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/13/2002  1:04 AM
I feel Williams will be there no matter what and Jenkins won't be there. If it's Eisley or Ward, I'd take Ward because of his expiring contract.

"a feasible return for thomas&ward." Would VE be feasible in anyone's minds? I'd love to have him, but I know some don't like him. For his career he's averaged 7.6 assists, so he can pass the ball (and he's been on some pretty poor teams.) Adding another scoring threat can't hurt, because there will be days when Houston or Spree's shots aren't falling. And he's played with Dyess before. I doubt Thomas will ever again come close to having the trade value he has now, so I say the quicker they trade him the better.
#Knickstaps
alex4germany
Member: #282
7/13/2002  2:42 AM
Most of the time it`s all about trade value. How much`s a player worth. Maybe I´m too "old-schoolish", but sometimes it`s more than just money that counts. You know, not everyone wearing a Knicks jersey is a Knick. Maybe contractwise but not for real. For example, I would never say that Travis Knight is a real Knick. So right now there are just a very few guys wearing a Knicks dress who are KNICKS. The organization needs those guys, the team needs those guys and especially the fans need those guys. One of these guys is Kurt Thomas.
Hopefully he won`t be involved in any trade actions. `Cause Dice has still to prove that he`s a Knick!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/13/2002  8:56 AM
I pick Charlie & Frank as our PGs. As for VanX, I'd be more comfortable with a PG with more durable knees. McDyess is enough for the Knee-Watch list this season. A younger PG is better for us in the long run anyway (lower contract, more time to grow with the team).
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
nwny
Member: #284
7/13/2002  5:12 PM
KT real Knick?
The guy has one breakout season and you're ready to retire his jersey?
thomasdice
Member: #256
USA
7/13/2002  5:36 PM
ah screw it, I want jenkins and williams.
if you all saw him play a few games in person, you'd be jenkins fans too. the articles don't lie, and neither does his game.

kurt thomas personified what being a real knick is all about with his hustle, heart, and dedication this past season. I consider kurt thomas a real knick just as I considered anthony bonner a real knick, but kurt's inability to contain his temper and keep a sense of resolve has proved detrimental to the knicks many a times.
Jerome from Manhattan is my dad. Doris from Regal Park is my mother.
nwny
Member: #284
7/13/2002  7:03 PM
"kurt thomas personified what being a real knick is all about with his hustle, heart, and dedication this past season. I consider kurt thomas a real knick just as I considered anthony bonner a real knick, but kurt's inability to contain his temper and keep a sense of resolve has proved detrimental to the knicks many a times."

True.
question of point guards

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy