[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

jerome james - no
Author Thread
thomasdice
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #256
USA
7/12/2002  11:13 PM
let's give fats domino the 5 million dollars even though he only played 16 minutes a game for seattle.

to me, he's still unproven, but I think my opinion on the matter is all for naught because it looks like they're gonna anyway.

its so frustrating how desperate the nba is getting for centers. james is the mcculloch of 2002, neither are/were worth 5 mil, but neither was jim mcclvaine or calvin booth, but the sonics paid them both 5 million as well.

I'm sure we all could name plenty more of the mediocre-shade under solid players that have been signed to the exception.

[Edited by - thomasdice on 07/12/2002 23:53:15]
Jerome from Manhattan is my dad. Doris from Regal Park is my mother.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/13/2002  12:58 AM
If he's the only feasible center they could get, I'd give him part of the exception. He's a 7-footer who weighs close to 280, meaning he could defend pretty much any center in the league. Well or not, I'm not sure, but he'd have a better shot then Thomas, who is overpowered, smaller, and just outmatched by most centers.

It said in the Post today "Seattle...will match only a two-year offer. The Knicks may be willing to offer a three-year contract worth $18 million for James, who is being courted heavily by Memphis."

3 years, $18 million, obviously that's with money increasing each year and would probably be the full exception.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 07/13/2002 01:41:23]
#Knickstaps
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/13/2002  9:07 AM
Posted by BigSm00th:

If he's the only feasible center they could get, I'd give him part of the exception. He's a 7-footer who weighs close to 280, meaning he could defend pretty much any center in the league. Well or not, I'm not sure, but he'd have a better shot then Thomas, who is overpowered, smaller, and just outmatched by most centers.

At first I thought the plan was to use just part of the exception for James & possibly Doleac. They can also try to get Jarron Collins if that split of the exception is possible. Maybe a James/Doleac-or-Collins split will work if James ends up taking less than the full exception that he's now asking for...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/13/2002  10:49 AM
The probelm is the policy regarding restricted free-agents. If the knicks wanted to pursue Jerome(candybar)james, they are forced to give him the full 4.7 exception over a long period of time. Why, cause if they give him half(2.3m) over a short period of time then Seattle would match it and retain Mr. Doughboy. What the knicks need to do is sign Free agents that aren't restricted such as Jarron Collins who the knicks could definitely use along with Michael Doleac. They both could split the 4.7mm. Both of them are 6'11 and weigh 255 to 265pds.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/13/2002  11:11 AM
Posted by knicksbb10:

The probelm is the policy regarding restricted free-agents. If the knicks wanted to pursue Jerome(candybar)james, they are forced to give him the full 4.7 exception over a long period of time. Why, cause if they give him half(2.3m) over a short period of time then Seattle would match it and retain Mr. Doughboy. What the knicks need to do is sign Free agents that aren't restricted such as Jarron Collins who the knicks could definitely use along with Michael Doleac. They both could split the 4.7mm. Both of them are 6'11 and weigh 255 to 265pds.
I agree plus collins has played well in Utah, both he and Doleac are both young and serviceable, I would rather have the both of them than James alone..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
prowler
Member: #135
USA
7/13/2002  11:34 AM
Thats what i am sayin. There is no way we should pay James all that money. I am with you on the Collins and Doleac deal we get them both and move on and stop playin cat and mouse with these overated restricted free agents. No matter what you say none of those guys will come in and do what Kurt is doing anyway 14 and 9 plus defensive toughness. What happened to Keon anyway. Keon and Doleac or Collins is the deal. Offer Keon the full exception and Collins the 1 and change exception. Then we could move Kurt and Chollie for Van X.

PG Van X, Williams
SG Spree, Postell
SF Houston, Anderson
PF Mcknicks, Weatherspoon
C Keon, Collins
knicker for life
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
7/14/2002  12:32 AM
I agree - Let's start the 'Center Committee' with two pickups...Then maybe another if a trade is available. It would be nice in the playoffs to have 18 fouls to give...
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
jerome james - no

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy