[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Author Thread
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
7/12/2002  3:16 PM
I just read on ESPN.com that Ewing has contacted the Knicks about being an assistant coach...that would be interesting....

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/0712/1405015.html
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2002  3:52 PM
Posted by nyballer:

I just read on ESPN.com that Ewing has contacted the Knicks about being an assistant coach...that would be interesting....

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/0712/1405015.html

Ewing was never a smart player and could never make the players around him better. I think he would be a horrible coach.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
alex4germany
Member: #282
7/12/2002  4:17 PM
At least he is an old school pure Center and can teach our (whoever) new big guy(s) how to play the game inside the paint. I would like to have him in the Knicks staff. Hey this guy was, is and will be a Knick forever and after. Give him some respect!!! Go 33!!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/12/2002  4:18 PM
...a creative way to still get his ring in NY. It couln't hurt. He's a Knick for life.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
thomasdice
Member: #256
USA
7/12/2002  11:37 PM
It's a better idea than these imbeciles saying we sign starks for a million or two.

[Edited by - thomasdice on 07/12/2002 23:53:41]
Jerome from Manhattan is my dad. Doris from Regal Park is my mother.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/13/2002  9:13 AM
Posted by thomasdice:

It's a better idea than these imbeciles saying we sign starks for a million or two.

[Edited by - thomasdice on 07/12/2002 23:53:41]

Starks would make a good coach too. He has that fire that could empower a team (especially the Knicks). He can be Allan Houston's Heart Hardening coach.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
nwny
Member: #284
7/13/2002  5:29 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa!!! You guys are all over the place. Where do I start?
Ewing would make a horrible head coach, but he would make a good assistant, if his only job was to work with the centers and forwards in practice to make them better, he would do a terrific job. Especially with Dice (who's one weakness is his back-to-basket game).
Saying Starks would make a good coach is the stupidest thing I ever heard. He can’t coach. He was never the type of player that understood the game, behind the game, and he can’t give AH a blood transfusion to make him more aggressive.
At the same time knicksbb10 saying that Starks is a “bonehead, and a disease on offense”, clearly means that you’re the one with the disease…Alzheimer's.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/14/2002  10:42 AM
At the same time knicksbb10 saying that Starks is a “bonehead, and a disease on offense”, clearly means that you’re the one with the disease…Alzheimer's. (nwny)

nwny, It seems to me that you just developed amnesia from the ridiculous statement you've made on starks.. Look, i know there's alot of John Starks fans out there but clearly he had no talent whatever. All he had was heart and grit but was clearly a bonehead... I don't know what knick games from the past you were watching but starks clearly cost the knicks somes games over his career. ALL I NEED TO SAY IS 2FOR18, period!!! Game 7 NBA FINALS, remember?? I don't want to hear stupid excuses "It was riley fault" cause riley nor ewing didn't shoot the ball 18times with 2field goals... Oh, by the way, i'm sure you starks fans remember when he purposely headbutted Reggie Miller and was immediately ejected with Ewing shouting at him "What the ---- you're doing" Knicks did lose that game and don't forget Reggie's infamous 2 three-pointers within 8sec. in the semi-divisional playoff game. Afterwards, knicks still had a chance to tie the game but with Starks on the free throw line, HE CHOKED missing both free throws. I won't complain about his defense but offensively he wasn't there. He chucks too. Everytime he would get the rebound, he would ran on the three point line while no one was present for the rebound and just throw it up.. Starks wasn't smart of the ofense side. How many times players or coaches had to either cool him down or tell it like it is.
Riley, Van GUndy, Ewing or even Oakley had hard times straigtening Starks based on his erratic behavior and performance on the court.
Look at the stats between Starks and Houston when it counts!! Houston is averaging 19.3pts,45% field goal pct in the playoffs and makes his free throws during critical moments by averaging nearly 90%.. Bonehead Starks on the other hand averages 14pts shooting 40% field goal pct and a bad 74% free throwing shooting. No wonder why he chokes when it really matters... Hey, houston is a bit passive but one thing for sure he hasn't cost the knicks any playoff games with bonehead decisions..

[Edited by - knicksbb10 on 07/14/2002 13:17:55]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
7/14/2002  1:09 PM
Posted by nwny:

Saying Starks would make a good coach is the stupidest thing I ever heard. He can’t coach. He was never the type of player that understood the game, behind the game, and he can’t give AH a blood transfusion to make him more aggressive.

Yeah, fella....WHOA is right.
I had no idea that Starks' closest confidante posted here. What is really the "stupidest thing" is saying that Starks couldn't even be an assistant coach. If I recall correctly, that's how the nuances of coaching (including those you noted) are learned.

As for Allan, Somebody....anybody that can get him to be more aggressive (thus, less Soft) is a plus. Period.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/14/2002 13:10:40]

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/14/2002 13:19:04]
nwny
Member: #284
7/15/2002  2:21 AM
ALL I NEED TO SAY IS 2FOR18, period!!! Game 7 NBA FINALS, remember?? (knicksbb10)

Starks must have done something really bad to you, man. This is a discussion about whether Starks would make a good coach. I say no, some people in the forum say yes, and you say??? Well who knows what you say, you decided you would list every thing Starks did that made you unhappy. Stay focused.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy