[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA insider suggest Knicks/Mavericks do trade!
Author Thread
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
7/12/2002  1:54 AM
ON nba INSIDER, they suggested knicks and mavericks do a trade.. It was Kurt Thomas and charlie ward for NIck van exel which works capwise.. Personally, i would not do this trade cause you're trading a big guy for a little guy and what happens if we cannot get a couple of big guyys later on?? Knicks would be screwed big time... Kurt thomas is a physical hard worker who can bang with the big boys.. you really can't find players like that...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Member: #42
USA
7/12/2002  7:41 AM
VanExel wouldnt mesh with our current buch. I like VanExel but he more a high scoring PG when we already have 3 high scoring players which will kill our chemistry. Id only do it if the Knick didnt have Sprewell and got back a player like Olowakandi.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/12/2002  4:50 PM
Posted by knicksbb10:

ON nba INSIDER, they suggested knicks and mavericks do a trade.. It was Kurt Thomas and charlie ward for NIck van exel which works capwise.. Personally, i would not do this trade cause you're trading a big guy for a little guy and what happens if we cannot get a couple of big guyys later on?? Knicks would be screwed big time... Kurt thomas is a physical hard worker who can bang with the big boys.. you really can't find players like that...

The beauty of getting NVE is that you get scoring to the point where you can put any 7' center who rebounds well and blocks shots, does put backs and sets monster picks to open up the scorers . A player comes to mind Marc Ivaroni. The 76ers used him as a solid role player that allowed others to have scoring oppertunities in their championship season. Another player Kurt Rambis did it probably better than any player.

[Edited by - Vmart on 07/12/2002 16:52:09]
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/13/2002  10:23 AM
Ok fellas, i see your pt. especially V-mart comments not needing a scoring big man.. I would do the trade only if we already picked up a Jerome James for shot-blocking purposes and Michael Doleac who luvs to pick n roll. That way, we still have some big guys to play the middle where Kurt T. is expendable. Honestly, i would trade Crazy eyes for a Olowakandi like you had mentioned, falcindor. This way you're trading for a natural center whose much bigger.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
NBA insider suggest Knicks/Mavericks do trade!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy