This is the worst stretch of 21 games I have ever seen from our Knicks
Author Thread
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/15/2005  10:39 AM
Posted by NewYorkSoul:

I don't know how much I can take...

I might have to end my dependant relationship with the Knicks, as this is seriously damaging my health. I don't see any hope in this team whatsoever this year. Our team with Weatherspoon, Spencer and KT played better than this, or was at least competitive.

Anyone else feel this way?

85-86 season was bad as stated. The 90-91 team was real bad too. I didn't like the regular season after the lockout either. Knicks were lucky to make the playoffs. Alot of the same issues with new players, injuries, and a coach who wanted to remain loyal to his guys/veterans.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
AUTOADVERT
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/15/2005  11:20 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by NewYorkSoul:

I might have to end my dependant relationship with the Knicks, as this is seriously damaging my health. I don't see any hope in this team whatsoever this year. Our team with Weatherspoon, Spencer and KT played better than this, or was at least competitive.

I tried to worn everyone in the offseason to not get your hopes up. Every since Isiah traded everything he had for Marbury this team has gone downhill

Yeah we lost everything in that trade. Lampe, Eisley, Dice, Vujuanic (who never played an NBA game) and who else?

This is all Steps fault.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 12-15-2005 11:23 AM]
nitro
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #822
12/15/2005  11:21 AM
They are young and still need to understand LB's system, but not playing with heart and not playing defense is inexcusable. They play in the Garden for god's sake, play with a little emotion like it means something. If they play hard this team will be fine in time.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/15/2005  11:25 AM
Posted by NotFrye:

Yeah, unless we get artest or some trades go down, I think I'm going to stop following the team for a while- this is not healthy. Also, it's not a rebuilding year since we don't have cornerstone players or draft picks (IMO only Frye and the rooks are in for development- curry has been a lazy mofo since his thornwood days)- so all suck from here on out.

yea its not a rebuilding year, we are competing for the title!
jaydh
12/15/2005  11:27 AM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by crzymdups:

hey, this is what playing kids looks like. you go with youth, you're gonna take a beating.

from other youth

like who? Dwight Howard who is on his way to being the most dominant big in the league? The Magic have a lot of vets like Hedo, Garrity and Hill. Andrew Bogut didn't do so hot against us, if I recall. If was Michael Redd and Dan Gadz who beat us that night. We're going to take a beating from teams that have played together for a few years. The Magic and Bucks have some new pieces, but also a lot of guys who have played together for a few years.

Both the Magic and Bucks have had just as much roster overturn as NY, if not more.

oh, you're reachin' with that one.
jaydh
12/15/2005  11:28 AM
Posted by NewYorkSoul:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by NewYorkSoul:
Posted by Rich:

The Knicks looked pretty bad after Bernard King tore up his knee in 1985, which enabled them to get into the Ewing lottery.

yah but that team did not have the talent that we have now... they were expected to lose.... Their best player was what, Bill Cartwright?

http://www.basketballreference.com/teams/teamyear.htm?tm=NYK&lg=n&yr=1984

Well, I didn't follow bball when I was 4 yrs old, so I wasn't able to experience the 84 Knicks. I know most of those players, but I never saw them play... like I said, this is the worst 21 game stretch that I've witnessed. Possibly will last longer than 21.

i thought we had a worse stretch last season.
jaydh
12/15/2005  11:29 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:
Posted by NewYorkSoul:

I tried to worn everyone in the offseason to not get your hopes up. Every since Isiah traded everything he had for Marbury this team has gone downhill

yea, not like it wasnt already going downhill
jaydh
12/15/2005  11:30 AM
Posted by LongIslandKnicksFan:

Honestly, I just laugh it off. I laugh at how Dolan must be getting upset and it serves him right. The Knicks are a few pieces away from being a good team. Some players NEED to go, and the young kids have to stay. I didn't go into the season being so high on this team, so it doesn't hurt me like it does to some of you guys. You cannot take this team too seriously. They are rebuilding and this is how it is. We're going to lose and make mistakes before we get better.

good points. but thats what i do to fans that say we arent rebuilding, that we have no plan, i just laugh it off.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/15/2005  11:30 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

the worst stretch I can remember is the 2001-2 team after Camby went down that included the MLK day massacre to the Hornets, something like a 48pt loss.

Yeah, I remember that stretch. The next day the headlines in the news were "Quitters". That was a pretty horrible stretch. But this one is becoming as bad as that one, but slowly...
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/15/2005  11:34 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

hey, this is what playing kids looks like. you go with youth, you're gonna take a beating.

If we did, I could understand. But last night's game was the same story of this season. Larry had no settled rotation. The vets still played. Lee was still in the inactive list. Frye takes almost no shots. Nate barely plays. Is that really youth movement? Yesterday was a joke in terms of lineups and rotations. And not really the first day of the youth movement...
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/15/2005  11:49 AM
[/quote]
Yeah we lost everything in that trade. Lampe, Eisley, Dice, Vujuanic (who never played an NBA game) and who else?

This is all Steps fault.
[/quote]

I should rephrase that. We traded all our expiring contracts and picks for a $20mm player nobody wants

Knicksfan
USA
12/15/2005  11:50 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

This is all Steps fault.
[/quote]

I should rephrase that. We traded all our expiring contracts and picks for a $20mm player nobody wants

[/quote]

Thats better...
Knicks_Fan
This is the worst stretch of 21 games I have ever seen from our Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy