[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Watching LB Press Conference
Author Thread
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/14/2005  10:18 PM
He doesnt even seem concerned...more like beaten down. Is he tanking games to get Isiah fired or does he just not care because he got his pay day?
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/14/2005  10:19 PM
He is just frustrated that he is stuck with such a mismatched group of players who don't understand fundamental basketball.
nysoldier
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1040
Iraq
12/14/2005  10:34 PM
Rich I think you are a one of the smarter guys on this board....but come on mismatched? how do you explain Richardson scoring in the 1st qtr and not even getting a shot in the second? how do you explain frye taking 7 shots...come on bro its the coaching.
God/Country/Knicks
McK1
Member: #964
12/14/2005  10:36 PM
coming from the Pistons to here is like going from a Bentley to the back of the bus
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/14/2005  10:36 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

Rich I think you are a one of the smarter guys on this board....but come on mismatched? how do you explain Richardson scoring in the 1st qtr and not even getting a shot in the second? how do you explain frye taking 7 shots...come on bro its the coaching.

Thank you. You are on the money. Please check out my Fire Larry Brown thread and make a contribution there too.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TheSage
Member: #386
12/14/2005  10:39 PM
You're seeing frustration. I also see that Steph is showing lack of interest-he is going through the motions. When did ever have asst/to ratio like he has this year. Reluctantly-Steph should be packaged-maybe part of an Artest deal.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/14/2005  10:40 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

Mismatched: No true PG, no SF that can consistently hit an outside shot.

I'm not saying that Larry doesn't make mistakes. But fire him in December? NFW.
OAK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #957
Japan
12/14/2005  10:44 PM
I would be pissed and frustrated too if I were on a LB team.

- His airing dirty laundry in the media
- F**ked up game plan
- Loss after loss

LB isn't helping his players with his comments and his lack of consistency. The mismatch is there, but it's between the players and their coach. When the best player on the team is not motivated, that'll influence the entire team. If Marbury stays, LB needs to handle his mental aspect of the game better.
nysoldier
Member: #1040
Iraq
12/14/2005  10:45 PM
Rich Someone has to hold him accountable...especially the press. He keeps making them look stupid. plus his players will rebel soon.
God/Country/Knicks
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2005  10:49 PM
Posted by TheSage:

You're seeing frustration. I also see that Steph is showing lack of interest-he is going through the motions. When did ever have asst/to ratio like he has this year. Reluctantly-Steph should be packaged-maybe part of an Artest deal.

this is what I see as the biggest problem: Steph. He is the best guy on the team and the default leader. The team takes his tone. He came out fired up against Detroit and PHO, but nothing since really. He sulks. He doesn't take over a game. He has been OFF offenesively the whole year really. His D has SUCKED in the last 2 game. Zero effort. If he was a rookie, he would have been benched a LONG time ago.

Steph just makes dumb play after dump play. I have never seen a PG throw so many dumb passes. He doesn't know how to feed the post. He doesn't know how to recognize defense and mismatches.

I think it all starts with him.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/14/2005  11:11 PM
Posted by martin:

this is what I see as the biggest problem: Steph. He is the best guy on the team and the default leader. The team takes his tone. He came out fired up against Detroit and PHO, but nothing since really. He sulks. He doesn't take over a game. He has been OFF offenesively the whole year really. His D has SUCKED in the last 2 game. Zero effort. If he was a rookie, he would have been benched a LONG time ago.

Steph just makes dumb play after dump play. I have never seen a PG throw so many dumb passes. He doesn't know how to feed the post. He doesn't know how to recognize defense and mismatches.

I think he tried in the beginning. You could see how active he was on defense and even tried to be a leader. But Brown keep asking him to be a pass first PG, he felt out of the team when he wasn't helping them with his normal 20-8 and got frustrated. Went back to playing no D and stopped caring for his O. Losses keep mounting. He doesn't get to play his game. Can't play SG because there is no other PG. More losses. Larry keeps ommitting him as a contributor on this team. He passes and most people don't make the baskets. "All alone" all over again. He doesn't care anymore. LOst hope. Doesn't even care that he is playing for the Knicks. Doesn't care anymore about being a leader. Doesn't feel part of the team and wants out.

Maybe its that, maybe its another thing. The thing is that he doesn't seems to care anymore, and thats what's more frightening. This is getting uglier every minute...
Knicks_Fan
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/15/2005  12:40 AM
It is hard to sacrifice when you see nothing down the road. Where is the silver lining? Is this really gonna work?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/15/2005  3:03 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by TheSage:

Amen!
Watching LB Press Conference

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy