[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SAS today
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/14/2005  1:02 PM
-LB criticized Nate Robinson for not getting up on TJ ford. SAS said if he is not pressuring his man on defense, he is totally useless out there.

-LB taking veilied digs at Steph. Steph needs to take responsibility and admit his mistakes and step his game up. [I agree] SAS's sidekick [BT] said: When guys are throwing up bricks it is hard to pull out wins, and that does not fall solely on Stephs shoulders.[I agree with that also]

-Frye has played like hes the best player on the team.

-Eddy Curry has moments of brilliance and then looks like he doesn't know what hes doing out there.

-SAS said he thinks Steph might be running LB's offense EXACTLY how he wants it, just to prove the point that we cannot win with him force-feeding the post and passing all the time.

-Flip Saunders is an offensive mastermind.

-Steph has been passing the ball plenty, but he has to be more effective as a scorer.

-LB is a reporters dream. Ask him 1 good question and he'll go off. He said AI once scored 58 points and LB came into the press conference and talked about 4 possesions that AI didn't run the offense. He asked him about every player on the team and he kept going back to AI saying stuff like 'that little guy has got to get it together'

-AI was absolutely traded to Detroit while LB was there. LB wanted him gone and it was a done deal, but Matt Geiger would not waive his 15% trade kicker so the trade did not happen. [I never knew that]

-LB can make NY a living hell for Steph if they don't get on the same page. LB talks to the reporters so much that it can get really really crazy for Steph. The reporters eat it up, and he can just feed them ammo every game.

-Pacers are trying to move Artest within a week. They don't want him, he definitely will not be a Pacer. [that hurts his trade value for Indy, teams know he must be moved so the packages dont have to be great for him.]

-spoke to many GM's about Artest, but he is such a risk, that you are locked in to him for 2 years at least. The comparison with him is with Rasheed Wallace when he was traded. But RW was 6-11 and his teammates loved him. Artest doesn't pose the same matchup problems as a 6-11 long, athletic PF, [and the implication is his teamates may not love him]. GM's are scared and Zeke seems to be playing possum, he hasn't contacted Indy at all and may be trying to sneak in with a 3-way to snatch up Ron-Ron.

-LB and Zeke swear by Mark Aguire. They believe in his ability to teach the bigs how to play in the post. Mark was unstoppable in the post for a few years in the league.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/14/2005  1:07 PM
I dont listen to SAS much but he seems to be right on with a lot of what's going on.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Killa4luv
USA
12/14/2005  1:13 PM
Posted by martin:

I dont listen to SAS much but he seems to be right on with a lot of what's going on.

this is my second day. He definitely seems informed. I think alot of the players and certain execs trust him to an extent not to leak things ahead of time. He told us definitively Curry would be a knick. I predicted it too, but you know, mine was wishful thinking, I think his was an inside track.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
12/14/2005  1:42 PM
definitely better than listening to Mike and the mad dog. Yesterday Mike Francessa was proposing that we trade Marbury & Q for Artest & Tinsley. Then they finally realized it doesn't come close to working capwise
Killa4luv
USA
12/14/2005  1:46 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

definitely better than listening to Mike and the mad dog. Yesterday Mike Francessa was proposing that we trade Marbury & Q for Artest & Tinsley. Then they finally realized it doesn't come close to working capwise

LOL!!! Pretty much 85% of the posters on this forum know that off the top of their heads.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/14/2005  1:46 PM
LOL
Knicks_Fan
CrashDMB237
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #759
12/14/2005  1:51 PM
Him and Brandon Tierney are the two best radio show hosts in the NY market. You simply can't get any better.
http://homeoftheknicks.com
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/14/2005  2:06 PM
I've always liked Stephen A. Smith. It's nice to know that there is a Knicks fan out there that has a medium to get his frustrations across where they will be heard, unlike Francessa and Russo, who simply neglect the Knicks when they are down. He's right on par with everything he said, I think Isiah is playing possum to get the Pacers a little worried that the one team that Artest really wants to goto, isn't interested at all. I still don't buy that Artest says he'll go anywhere, I think thats Donnie Walsh trying to bring up his value a bit instead of teams thinking their wasting time by offering trades, just MO. I'm still interested to see if this trade with the Wizards will go through, I really like Jeffries, I know he's done nothing in the NBA so far but if you saw him in college then you know that he definately has some talent.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/14/2005  2:11 PM
very interesting, thanks for the recap.
¿ △ ?
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/14/2005  4:11 PM
Tierney and SAS can come across as loud, obnoxious jurks.

But ya, they're damm entertaining and know their stuff.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
nyvector16
Member: #130
USA
12/14/2005  5:32 PM
slightly off topic..
But.. what was the rift between SAS and Kenny Smith not soo long ago.
They kept bad moouthing eachother on their respective shows.
SAS said something like Kenny Smith would be nothing today had he never had Hakeem Olajuwon.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/14/2005  5:51 PM
Posted by CrashDMB237:

Him and Brandon Tierney are the two best radio show hosts in the NY market. You simply can't get any better.
AGREED!
-Eddy Curry has moments of brilliance and then looks like he doesn't know what hes doing out there.
This guy hasnt been as productive as I thought he would be. Its getting a little late for him to show up. I hope he works on his form and returns to the real Curry soon. 20 games isnt too early to be worried about our new Center.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/14/2005  6:17 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Mike and Mad Dog are *******s. Any and everyone that calls into that show get shot down before they can finish their sentences. They call listeners stupid, silly, morons, you name it.....they have no respect for anyone.

Yo, did anyone catch when they had Isiah on the show? That was crazy. Mad Dog was screaming and ranting and Isiah put his ass in his place. Isiah is the man.

FYI.....SAS comes off as a real ******* and he knows that. His comments are real and he holds nothing back. Even on his show he doesn't all of a sudden turn into a bitch. He sticks to his comments and asks all the questions people wanna hear.

SAS is not a prick, phoney, media stone face like Jim Rome. He's not a scumbag like Peter Vecey. SAS is quietly becoming the best in the business.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/14/2005  11:20 PM
Posted by nyvector16:

slightly off topic..
But.. what was the rift between SAS and Kenny Smith not soo long ago.
They kept bad moouthing eachother on their respective shows.
SAS said something like Kenny Smith would be nothing today had he never had Hakeem Olajuwon.

I followed Kenny in college and he was hyped, and in the NBA was never really that great. He played on some good teams and got the job done. He played, and is a smart likable dude.

SAS is ok, but his act will wear out thin in time.
SAS today

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy