[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I'm not pretending to know more than Larry but....
Author Thread
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/14/2005  12:04 PM
Posted by Bippity10:
Posted by Knight:

The funniest thing is that it only took Brown and IT 20 games to give up on Marbury and commit to the youth movement.

Why does this mean he has given up on Marbury? Can't we commit to a youth movement AND not give up on Marbs? Before he decided to go youth do you think LB was hoping Marbs would lead them to a championship? Come on Knight this is the stuff the media does to cause issues. You're better than that.

The Knicks have changed gears based on necessity. Noone thinks Marbs was going to lead a core group of Antonio, Malik and Mo to the playoffs. The youth movement was set in motion the moment Allan's knees gave out. Is it time to move on from Marbs? Maybe. But I can see that without saying I give up on the guy. This guy just doesn't have a team around him that is built win games right now. I don't blame him for this.

"Nobody has a head on this team." Next day, youth movement. Face reality.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/14/2005  12:05 PM
Posted by Knight:

Frye called Larry a genius. I believe Channing, he seems like a good source for information about the coach.

not only that, but didn't larry also say it would take him about 20 games to settle in on a lineup?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
12/14/2005  12:12 PM
I knew no one had a head on this team before the season started. YOu honestly think Larry is just figuring it out? Give me a break. This is a guy that just went to the finals two straight years. I can analyze a players head in a 10 minute scouting report.

The truth is that LB has known since day one what he was going to do. He told us what he was going to do. It was obvious what he was going to do. I have posted it 1600 times in the last week. Then when it happens people say that he finally figured it out? He is testing his roster. Seeing who is his guy and seeing who is not. He is going to tweak players constantly to see how they respond. Those that respond positively will be his guys. Those that don't will be booted. Now it's time to see how Marbs leads. This is a test and doesn't necessarily mean LB hates the guy. He is teaching.

Figure it out. LB is a great coach. He pushes buttons to motivate players. When he says something to the press it means something entirely different to the players than it does to you and me.
I just hope that people will like me
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/14/2005  12:40 PM
Bip after that story you just told about the three freshman, I would think you would have a better understanding than this. Geeze, even you in your story admitted it took 10 games before they were starting. I don't feel like cutting and pasting the story but it is in the David Lee more burn thread....It's a great story and an awesome strategy and it looks like LB is actually following it.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Bippity10
12/14/2005  12:48 PM
JoeC: I'm having a hard time understanding what I don't understand. This follows right in line with my other story. LB wasn't going to go ahead and give these young guys minutes from the start of the season. He wanted to push buttons and see who would TAKE the starting positions. I don't think he's satisfied that all the positions have been taken and there will be even more button pushing as time goes on.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/14/2005  12:50 PM
^Sorry about that Bip I misunderstood the tone of your post....My bad.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/14/2005  1:10 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bippity10:
Posted by Knight:

The funniest thing is that it only took Brown and IT 20 games to give up on Marbury and commit to the youth movement.

Why does this mean he has given up on Marbury? Can't we commit to a youth movement AND not give up on Marbs? Before he decided to go youth do you think LB was hoping Marbs would lead them to a championship? Come on Knight this is the stuff the media does to cause issues. You're better than that.

The Knicks have changed gears based on necessity. Noone thinks Marbs was going to lead a core group of Antonio, Malik and Mo to the playoffs. The youth movement was set in motion the moment Allan's knees gave out. Is it time to move on from Marbs? Maybe. But I can see that without saying I give up on the guy. This guy just doesn't have a team around him that is built win games right now. I don't blame him for this.

"Nobody has a head on this team." Next day, youth movement. Face reality.

We forgot you are inside Larry's and Isiah's mind to know how they feel and think. The fact that you don't give a damn about Marbury doesn't says anything about what Larry and Isiah will do. Is he in the inactive list or something? He is still part of this team, and an important part of it. Larry has just come to the conclusion that the best way for this team to improve is to play the best players on it, which are the young ones.
Knicks_Fan
Knight
12/14/2005  1:12 PM
^Stephon is a very big part of our 6-14 team, a HUGE part, I never denied that. BTW Ariza isn't starting because he's the best player.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Knicksfan
USA
12/14/2005  1:16 PM
You are so funny! Ha!

And by the way, haven't you seen our status on SF? Ariza is the best player we've got there. Qyntel still doesn't counts until he learns the plays...
Knicks_Fan
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/14/2005  1:16 PM
Posted by Knight:

^Stephon is a very big part of our 6-14 team, a HUGE part, I never denied that. BTW Ariza isn't starting because he's the best player.

at that position yes he is. Is Penny better? Malik? Q-Dog will probably eventually take that spot away from him solely for the fact that he can shoot.
Knight
12/14/2005  1:17 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

at that position yes he is. Is Penny better? Malik? Q-Dog will probably eventually take that spot away from him solely for the fact that he can shoot.

LB said he's not a starter in this league, the only reason he's playing is because he's being evaluated and QDog is not ready.
Killa4luv
USA
12/14/2005  1:19 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

LB said he's not a starter in this league, the only reason he's playing is because he's being evaluated and QDog is not ready.
And hes better Penny and Malik. I agree.
Knight
12/14/2005  1:20 PM
^Compared to Ariza, Malik is Larry Bird.
Knicksfan
USA
12/14/2005  1:22 PM
Posted by Knight:

^Compared to Ariza, Malik is Larry Bird.

Huh?
Knicks_Fan
Bippity10
12/14/2005  1:26 PM
If Knight is talking jumpshots than I'd be inclined to agree.
Knicksfan
USA
12/14/2005  1:35 PM
Yeah, like Rose has hit his jumpers when he has been left wide open. Both have struggled with their shooting. That has always been a problem with Ariza but he is young and can still improve on that catrgory.
Knicks_Fan
Bippity10
12/14/2005  1:38 PM
Ok so maybe saying he looks like Larry bird is an exaggeration. I think a better comparison would be to say that compared to ARiza Malik is like REggie Miller.
Killa4luv
USA
12/14/2005  1:43 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

If Knight is talking jumpshots than I'd be inclined to agree.

I still don't agree. Malik's jumper is atrocious. Ariza has been scared to shoot jumpers this season, I think Larry has scared his confidence in his shot away. Ariza made some 3's last season.
Knicksfan
USA
12/14/2005  1:44 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

Ok so maybe saying he looks like Larry bird is an exaggeration. I think a better comparison would be to say that compared to ARiza Malik is like REggie Miller.

LOL, not that much of a difference but the point is made. Ariza is not a jump shooting option, and that kills any chance of him to play many minutes for Brown. He has to keep improving on that area, but he is still a good option in terms of overall play, at least when his head is on the game. He brings defense, rebounding and scoring in other ways than jumpshooting. We have to see if Woods will bring in defense and rebounding, that will tell if he is that much of an upgrade over Ariza. The fact that we lack a good jump-shooting SG also makes it harder for Ariza. If we had at least Q playing like he could, I could see Ariza playing more, but this team has struggled mightly to score most of the games...
Knicks_Fan
Killa4luv
USA
12/14/2005  1:48 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Bippity10:

LOL, not that much of a difference but the point is made. Ariza is not a jump shooting option, and that kills any chance of him to play many minutes for Brown. He has to keep improving on that area, but he is still a good option in terms of overall play, at least when his head is on the game. He brings defense, rebounding and scoring in other ways than jumpshooting. We have to see if Woods will bring in defense and rebounding, that will tell if he is that much of an upgrade over Ariza. The fact that we lack a good jump-shooting SG also makes it harder for Ariza. If we had at least Q playing like he could, I could see Ariza playing more, but this team has struggled mightly to score most of the games...
If Q-dog can dribble dribble and shoot, he is a super upgrade over Ariza. Trevor is like the non-option on Offense.
I'm not pretending to know more than Larry but....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy