[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I'm not pretending to know more than Larry but....
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/14/2005  10:53 AM
Does it not seem odd that it has taken him 20 games and 14 starting lineups to figure out that the lineup that we thought was best, was actually the best?

I mean, I would start Craw, but I think he wants our bench to have some offensive punch so he has Craw leading our second unit. But:

Steph/Craw
Q/Nate
Ariza/Q-Dog
Frye/Mo T
Curry/Butler

is more or less what we have been calling for all season. Is he getting old, being stubborn, or showcasing veterans?

And did the 'showcase' of Ad & Rose's 'talents' hurt or help their trade value? It truly had to be difficult playing with those guys in the starting lineup night in and night out.

I don't know man. And where are the curl plays for Jamal? Or spot up plays for Jamal? Why is he not doing these things? Why did it take so long to get the pick and roll going with Frye and Steph? Hopefully tonight is the start of a new era.
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/14/2005  11:12 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Does it not seem odd that it has taken him 20 games and 14 starting lineups to figure out that the lineup that we thought was best, was actually the best?

I mean, I would start Craw, but I think he wants our bench to have some offensive punch so he has Craw leading our second unit. But:

Steph/Craw
Q/Nate
Ariza/Q-Dog
Frye/Mo T
Curry/Butler

is more or less what we have been calling for all season. Is he getting old, being stubborn, or showcasing veterans?

And did the 'showcase' of Ad & Rose's 'talents' hurt or help their trade value? It truly had to be difficult playing with those guys in the starting lineup night in and night out.

I don't know man. And where are the curl plays for Jamal? Or spot up plays for Jamal? Why is he not doing these things? Why did it take so long to get the pick and roll going with Frye and Steph? Hopefully tonight is the start of a new era.

I agree with everything you've said 1000%. I don't think there was any valid excuse for what LB did with this team. There's NO WAY this team should have such a bad record. This team had less to work with last year and wasn't this bad. We still have Steph & JC and Frye more than makes up for KT. Curry is at least as good as Nazr was for us. Then our bench is SOOOO much better now.

Why is it that teams like the Hornets have been able to play better ball than us? It has to fall on the coach. He's the one who has to find a way for this team to succeed. despite the flaws on this team its not the worst team i've ever seen. He's just not done a good job with what he has. He's spent so much time fighting against their natural strengths and really the only major problem we had from last year was on D. We scored enough, we just couldn't stop anyone. LB's offense has looked pathetic. He totally screwed up Steph and JC and hasn't exactly improved Q either. How is it that all 3 players are well below career numbers? LB better get it in gear and start really coaching this team. Maybe now he'll finally start to get serious.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/14/2005  11:17 AM
Frye called Larry a genius. I believe Channing, he seems like a good source for information about the coach.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
12/14/2005  11:19 AM
I think LB just doesn't visit the forum often enough.
https:// It's not so hard.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/14/2005  11:19 AM
Sheesh

Stop Crying, Larry knows what he's doing. The impatience here is amazing.

Starters

Marbury - still learning NOT to pound the ball into oblivion

Richardson - still receovering from personal loss and injury

Qyntel - just on board and still learning the plays

>>i "I love Trevor's heart," Brown said. "He's not ready, in my mind, to be a starter in this league. But he comes to practice every day, he gets better every day."

Frye - with confidence built gradually instead of throwing him into the fray

Curry - just getting into shape and comfortable without the headband
once a knick always a knick
misterearl
USA
12/14/2005  11:22 AM
Knight - I suupose if Channing Frye told you to jump off a building you would do that too?

The best source of information on Larry is players body language, sharing the basketball and coming to Nate's immediate rescue the next time he gets popped in the lane

Bring back my thugs!
misterearl
USA
12/14/2005  11:24 AM
Who Got Next?

Nate - Crawford - Ariza - Jacke Butler -

Pine Brothers

James - Lee - Davis
nitro
Member: #822
Lee the 4 man off the bench, MO. sits, Butler is just as good as Mo. inside and rebounds better, Lee rebounds and plays with energy off the bench.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
you can say what you want, Ill say the players we have now, in whatever shape and form you want to send them out there, are NOT winners.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/14/2005  11:31 AM
We definitely need to make a couple of moves. This roster is greatly flawed..
Knicks_Fan
TheSage
Member: #386
12/14/2005  11:34 AM
I am not prepared to jump off the LB bandwagon. He is a winner, has always won and doesn't appear to be a victim of premature senility. He has seen what he has, how they react to situations and each other and now will start putting the pieces together. We should start to see more as he shortens his rotation. Did any of you really expect this teams, as constructed to immediately become the beasts of Broadway????

[Edited by - TheSage on 12-14-2005 11:35 AM]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/14/2005  11:39 AM
[quote]
Posted by misterearl:

Knight - I suupose if Channing Frye told you to jump off a building you would do that too?

The best source of information on Larry is players body language, sharing the basketball and coming to Nate's immediate rescue the next time he gets popped in the lane

Bring back my thugs!

I agree with that. I was shouting at my TV when Nate got jobbed and no one came in and shoved Magliore. If we had 10 guys with nate's heart and toughness, wed win. You need talent, but there has to be a good blend of toughness, chemistry and heart. Nate is the only tough guy on the team and hes 5-6.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knight
12/14/2005  11:49 AM
Posted by misterearl:

I'm not sure what Frye giving me instructions has to do with Frye commenting on Larry's coaching, but interesting attempt at a good point.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/14/2005  11:52 AM
Frye for President!
Knicks_Fan
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/14/2005  11:53 AM
Briggs what 5-6 guys aren't allowed to be tough? You heightist!!!!

Like I keep saying over and over again. LB is here to win a championship not to make sure he plays .500 ball his first 20 games with a bad team. He is not concerned with the 8th seed. He is learning about his team, pushing buttons and teaching. He is not here to give charity and start guys just because they are young or because we want to watch them. Winning long-term is all he cares about. You can't see it now but going by his past history(and the fact that ALL HIS TEAMS STRUGLLE AT FIRST) why would anyone be jumping off the bandwagon

This is rebuilding.......Learn patience. Forget the record and watch for improvements. Those that do not learn will be gone. That's how great coach's operate. If they have to frustrate a rookie by keeping them on the bench so be it.
I just hope that people will like me
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/14/2005  11:53 AM
I think Larry and Isiah had an understanding that Larry would get 20 games to play whoever he wanted in order to figure out what he had. Larry has done that, he's seemingly made recommendations about who to go get in trades and now I think he will play the guys who have performed.

They said even in training camp that the first 20 games would be ugly. Is it a shock to anyone that after 20 games they're going with the youth? It won't stop being ugly for a while yet, but at least it will make sense and we can develop some continuity, which is a big part of winning.
¿ △ ?
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/14/2005  11:54 AM
Posted by Knight:

Frye called Larry a genius. I believe Channing, he seems like a good source for information about the coach.

Why? He is the only player playing well under Larry and he has played 20 NBA games. Granted he has played for Lute, but why would he have credibility than some of the other players? Because you agree with him?
Knight
12/14/2005  11:56 AM
The funniest thing is that it only took Brown and IT 20 games to give up on Marbury and commit to the youth movement.
Knight
12/14/2005  11:57 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

Why? He is the only player playing well under Larry and he has played 20 NBA games. Granted he has played for Lute, but why would he have credibility than some of the other players? Because you agree with him?

I think Channing has more credibility about Larry than say, hmmmm, I don't know, you.
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/14/2005  12:02 PM
Posted by Knight:

The funniest thing is that it only took Brown and IT 20 games to give up on Marbury and commit to the youth movement.

Why does this mean he has given up on Marbury? Can't we commit to a youth movement AND not give up on Marbs? Before he decided to go youth do you think LB was hoping Marbs would lead them to a championship? Come on Knight this is the stuff the media does to cause issues. You're better than that.

The Knicks have changed gears based on necessity. Noone thinks Marbs was going to lead a core group of Antonio, Malik and Mo to the playoffs. The youth movement was set in motion the moment Allan's knees gave out. Is it time to move on from Marbs? Maybe. But I can see that without saying I give up on the guy. This guy just doesn't have a team around him that is built win games right now. I don't blame him for this.
I just hope that people will like me
I'm not pretending to know more than Larry but....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy