No, keep Marbury
View Results

Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/14/2005  8:53 AM
I see Marbury's name mentioned for Artest on the boards often but I wouldn't give up someone with his talent for someone who's a mental question mark like Artest. Anyone other than Marbury, Frye, and Curry should be available for Artest though.
AUTOADVERT
EWING33BXNY
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #625
USA
12/14/2005  8:59 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I see Marbury's name mentioned for Artest on the boards often but I wouldn't give up someone with his talent for someone who's a mental question mark like Artest. Anyone other than Marbury, Frye, and Curry should be available for Artest though.

I agree with you 100%. If we are going to sign a headcase it can't be for the best talent we have on the team or the players with the most potential. Has to be a lowrisk high reward type of thing.
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
12/14/2005  9:14 AM
Don't you guys get it? Marbury is a head case too! I remember the day the Knicks got him, I almost drove off the road when I heard it on the radio! Even though, I knew he was a problem in other places, I thought for sure, he would make it work in NYC, his hometown. Well, its almost 2 years later and guess what, the team still sucks. He is not the leader that this team needs. I think be dealing him, you would almost do addition by subtraction. Artest is loony too, but at least he brings it every night.

I am down on Stephon right now. He does not seem to be smart enough to get it. I hope I am wrong, but I think after 2 years, we all can see the TRUTH.

Marbury for Artest and Croshere. Make the deal and cut AD.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/14/2005  9:32 AM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

Don't you guys get it? Marbury is a head case too! I remember the day the Knicks got him, I almost drove off the road when I heard it on the radio! Even though, I knew he was a problem in other places, I thought for sure, he would make it work in NYC, his hometown. Well, its almost 2 years later and guess what, the team still sucks. He is not the leader that this team needs. I think be dealing him, you would almost do addition by subtraction. Artest is loony too, but at least he brings it every night.

I am down on Stephon right now. He does not seem to be smart enough to get it. I hope I am wrong, but I think after 2 years, we all can see the TRUTH.

how can you equate the 2? when does marbs quit on a team? get suspended for most of a season? cause countless off-the-court distractions? not show up in the playoffs? imo it's cool to be unhappy with the team's results with steph as our pg but you're talking a whole other universe of negativity when you start talking about the impact of ron artest's behavior on the indiana franchise.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/14/2005  9:45 AM
Some would throw Steph under the bus for anything, so of course they would do it for a talented player like Artest. Then Nate and Craw will be our pg's? I would quit on the knicks, it just wouldn't make any sense.
McK1
Member: #964
12/14/2005  10:02 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Some would throw Steph under the bus for anything, so of course they would do it for a talented player like Artest. Then Nate and Craw will be our pg's? I would quit on the knicks, it just wouldn't make any sense.

how do you know this? perhaps Tinsley in a mov to clear long-term money or at the least Anthony Johnson is included. Marbury for Artest would just be the principal players involved.

OR

a parallel or subsequent deal is also made for a point.

if Indy was dumb enough to do it, you make this trade and run from the police b/c you will get charged with grand theft.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/14/2005  10:15 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

how can you equate the 2? when does marbs quit on a team? get suspended for most of a season? cause countless off-the-court distractions? not show up in the playoffs? imo it's cool to be unhappy with the team's results with steph as our pg but you're talking a whole other universe of negativity when you start talking about the impact of ron artest's behavior on the indiana franchise.

When did Artest quit on his team? Never. Suspended, yes. My point was not that Artest is not a head case but that Marbury is too. He is not the kind of head case that will get suspended or what, but he is the kind that doesn't get the game and is so about himself that is causes problems on the team. You don't have to believe me just look at his track record. The Knicks are his 4th team! if he can't make it here, where can he?

I like Marbury, I think he has much more talent than he is showing us now. This was an opportunity for him to show the world that he can lead and make his TEAM better. So far after almost 2 years here, he has not. What are we supposed to think, other than he can't do it?

Artest is a loose cannon, no doubt, but he is also a winning player. He is a key player for INDY and the main reason why they are a title contender. Can you say the same abuot Marbury?

The fact that we are even discussing our unhappiness with marbury shows that he has not performed here. It is as simple as that. The man is playing in his hometown. He needs to do all he can to make his hometown team and win and prove to the world, that hs can LEAD.

If he does it, i will support him. But right now, I am not seeing it. In the past, trading him away meant the team he left gets better. Maybe the same can be true for the KNicks.

As for Artest, what ever happened to the compassion of giving him another chance? He fought with fans. Not smart for sure, but he did not kill anyone or any dogs for that matter. Is he difficlut? No doubt. Ask LB is Marbury is difficult and off the record you will probably get the same answer but not for his personality but instead for his bball IQ and leadership. To me, a problem, is a problem is a problem.

Artest makes $6M per year for 2 more years. Marbs is under contract for ever. Maybe moving him to open up a shot at LJ in a few years makes sense.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/14/2005  10:31 AM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

When did Artest quit on his team? Never. Suspended, yes. My point was not that Artest is not a head case but that Marbury is too. He is not the kind of head case that will get suspended or what, but he is the kind that doesn't get the game and is so about himself that is causes problems on the team. You don't have to believe me just look at his track record. The Knicks are his 4th team! if he can't make it here, where can he?

I like Marbury, I think he has much more talent than he is showing us now. This was an opportunity for him to show the world that he can lead and make his TEAM better. So far after almost 2 years here, he has not. What are we supposed to think, other than he can't do it?

Artest is a loose cannon, no doubt, but he is also a winning player. He is a key player for INDY and the main reason why they are a title contender. Can you say the same abuot Marbury?

The fact that we are even discussing our unhappiness with marbury shows that he has not performed here. It is as simple as that. The man is playing in his hometown. He needs to do all he can to make his hometown team and win and prove to the world, that hs can LEAD.

If he does it, i will support him. But right now, I am not seeing it. In the past, trading him away meant the team he left gets better. Maybe the same can be true for the KNicks.

As for Artest, what ever happened to the compassion of giving him another chance? He fought with fans. Not smart for sure, but he did not kill anyone or any dogs for that matter. Is he difficlut? No doubt. Ask LB is Marbury is difficult and off the record you will probably get the same answer but not for his personality but instead for his bball IQ and leadership. To me, a problem, is a problem is a problem.

Artest makes $6M per year for 2 more years. Marbs is under contract for ever. Maybe moving him to open up a shot at LJ in a few years makes sense.

artest in the final game of the playoffs in '04 against detroit - i think it was a game 7 - put no effort on the court, was called out by everyone for having quit on the team. came back the next fall saying i don't want to play i want to do p.r for my record label.

can't stick around to discuss more now - off to pitch some consulting work - wish me luck!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
12/14/2005  10:45 AM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

artest in the final game of the playoffs in '04 against detroit - i think it was a game 7 - put no effort on the court, was called out by everyone for having quit on the team. came back the next fall saying i don't want to play i want to do p.r for my record label.

can't stick around to discuss more now - off to pitch some consulting work - wish me luck!

And don't forget the flagrant fouls that cost the pacers games against detroit!

At worst, you can say Marbs is a diva who sulks- I don't think you can say its to the level of being a cancer

Ron has a history of exploding or self destructing-

The thing about Artest is that he impacts the game on both sides of the ball- he is an excellent shooter, post player and gets to the line & on the defensive end, he can shut down about anyone.

Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/14/2005  11:02 AM
Posted by Marv:

May the Force be with you!
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/14/2005  11:04 AM
Artest could be the biggest gamble Isiah ever takes if he makes the deal. And it could backfire bigtime if he traded Marbury because even if Marbury isn't the PG Brown wants him to be, at least he plays and helps. We'll see what happens, but its not a no-brainer to deal for Artest...
Knicks_Fan
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/14/2005  11:06 AM
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

When did Artest quit on his team? Never.

ummm....are you serious? how about right now. duh

jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
12/14/2005  11:17 AM
could we trade marbury and q-rich for tinsley croshere and artest? there is our point guard who can create. his defense has gotten better too.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/14/2005  11:28 AM
i dont know why guys keep bringing up marbury in almost any case. hes a HUGE financial commitment--he takes up 1/3 of the cap. hes not exactly enamored for $- Ws.
RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
12/14/2005  10:32 PM
Does anyone really think Artest could lead a team? Sure he is a great player but not all great players are leaders. I just dont see him helping in that area. Only on the court.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/14/2005  10:34 PM
Not happening.
Marbury for Artest

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy