PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
12/14/2005  10:48 AM
Posted by TemujinKnick:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knicksfan:

Ohh, and would it only be Q for Akins/Jeffries? Because with Q-Woods we have no free spot...

great point.

there's more moves attached to this one.

But how do you make the moves without the free spot? Do you cut someone? Do you send someone down to the NBDL (can we?) ? Do you make this trade after making a different trade to free up a spot?
That seems like this report doesn't contain the whole trade.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/14/2005  11:06 AM
Posted by TemujinKnick:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knicksfan:

Ohh, and would it only be Q for Akins/Jeffries? Because with Q-Woods we have no free spot...

great point.

there's more moves attached to this one.

But how do you make the moves without the free spot? Do you cut someone? Do you send someone down to the NBDL (can we?) ? Do you make this trade after making a different trade to free up a spot?

I believe we can send Lee to the NBDL.
¿ △ ?
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/14/2005  11:08 AM
Posted by TymeLessKnicks:

i like q rich....i am kinda against this one...
cant i just have a team that doesn't move players every 2 weeks...

why would anyone like qrich? he hasnt done anything for us.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/14/2005  11:09 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

ill go back to a guy i like--ricky davis

if the celtics are dumping salary they need to dump davis to do it. the knicks dont sound like club who would trade for ending contracts maybe jefferies arize etc.. to boston?

boston is high on davis now, they arent moving him for a little financial relief
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/14/2005  11:10 AM
But I don't think they want to. They believe that he will learn a lot from Brown even if he isn't playing. Would they cut Davis before looking to trade his expiring contract? Is a first trade going down before this possible one? We will probably see the light tomorrow...
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/14/2005  11:12 AM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by TymeLessKnicks:

i like q rich....i am kinda against this one...
cant i just have a team that doesn't move players every 2 weeks...

why would anyone like qrich? he hasnt done anything for us.

It would be a wise move for the GM that makes it longterm. Its known that this has been a tough year for Q, but its also known that throughout his career he has been solid. You make the move hoping that sooner or later he would be back to being that player. And you make the move now because his trade value may not get lower than it could be right now...
Knicks_Fan
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/14/2005  11:27 AM
I still like Q richardson, but jeffries seems like a LB type player, can pass, score a little, defend and willing to do all of the other little things. On the surface Q looks to be the better talent, but for this system LB has, Jeffries might be the better fit, I am just wondering what would the wiz need with Q anyaway?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
12/14/2005  11:29 AM
In a deal like this, I have a funny feeling Ariza would be a filler, to me that would stink...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
attaboy2005
Member: #992

12/14/2005  11:37 AM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by nitro:

no thanks, we have had sooo much turnover the last few years, now that LB has somewhat settled on a lineup, let's see if these guys can produce. Guys will play better once they know what there role is. No more trades this year, unless it is for a top five player.

Unfortunately that's not the reality of this team. We are in great need of a PG and a SF, and we still need to deal one or two big men to balance the team. Brown hasn't really settled for a rotation, and most of it is because he has no good options at those positions (PG and SF). We really need a trade or two to balance this team...

What do you mean we have no good options at the PG spot, we have marbury>

LB has to get over this MArbury thing, and get used to Marbury as a PG, their are some players that can't be moved so LB has to live with the fact he has Marbury, eitherwise there will be alot of animosity and distractions in the team chemistry with Marbury sitting on the bench, then we would never get anything for him.
LB for the sake of the team should clam up about the PG situation and try to make it work, we as fans are asked to BE PATIENT by IT and LB, well it's time LB takes some of his own advice, and teach MArbury to be a Better PG, that's why he is getting paid the BIG BUCKS to teach.

[Edited by - attaboy2005 on 12-14-2005 11:38 AM]

[Edited by - attaboy2005 on 12-14-2005 11:38 AM]
Knicksfan
USA
12/14/2005  11:40 AM
No Ariza on this deal, please!
Knicks_Fan
PhilinLA
Member: #696
12/14/2005  11:42 AM
Ariza will only get moved for someone really good.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Knicksfan
USA
12/14/2005  11:47 AM
Posted by attaboy2005:

What do you mean we have no good options at the PG spot, we have marbury>

LB has to get over this MArbury thing, and get used to Marbury as a PG, their are some players that can't be moved so LB has to live with the fact he has Marbury, eitherwise there will be alot of animosity and distractions in the team chemistry with Marbury sitting on the bench, then we would never get anything for him.
LB for the sake of the team should clam up about the PG situation and try to make it work, we as fans are asked to BE PATIENT by IT and LB, well it's time LB takes some of his own advice, and teach MArbury to be a Better PG, that's why he is getting paid the BIG BUCKS to teach.

We decided to bring Larry to NY to coach this team, so at some point we have to give him players he likes and that work on his system. Its no secret Larry wants to play Marbury at two, and unless he makes drastic improvements in terms of organizing the offense, Marbury is just not the point guard he needs for a young team like this, and I understand his point. We aren't talking about established veteran players that know where to pick their spots and when to shot or to pass. We are talking about rookies and undiciplined young players that need a leader out there that can make the best out of the talents they have but may not yet know how to use correctly. Marbury is a type of point guard that will pass many times and will give guys chances to score while he looks for his own, but he isn't really a guy to set up plays and know when to play which. Nate is learning a position he has never really played, so he is in Marbury's shoes too. We need a new PG with these qualities...
Knicks_Fan
tkf
12/14/2005  11:57 AM
blue seats made an interesting point long ago about marbury. He basically focused on marbs on court demaeanor and how it seemed to disrupt and poison the team.BAck then I wanted to give marbs time, time to prove that he was not that type of disrupting influence, believe me, myself and blueseats used to have heated discussions late into the night over this stuff, but i can see what he means, and I hate to use steve nash to bring out this point but he is the perfect example. Just watch how nash deals with his teamates, when they make a mistake or miss a play, he is always patting them on the back, encouraging them, positive things. I remember one series back in dallas when they were eliminated in the playoffs, at the end of the game, he didn't walk off scowling at his teamates, but walked over to finley and dirk and gave them both handshakes and a pat on the back as if to say, we will get them next year. I mean this goes a long way, and when I saw marbury fuss at curry for him throwing a bad pass into the post, I was like, this has to stop... Maybe marbs will be better with a more veteran team like the wolves or mavs, or even the nuggets, I just want whats best for the knicks and wish marbs well wherever he plays..
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
12/14/2005  12:05 PM
I don't see why we need this trade. We don't have a pick this year, and this trade makes us worse in my opinion. We don't need really need Atkins and I would like to know why is Jeffries better than Woods. We are bad at the 2, and you guys want to get rid of the only player than can play well at this position.
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/14/2005  12:05 PM
Not disagreeing with you on Marbs. I hate that stuff too and if I was Curry I probably would have said something to him but.....I think Marbs would smile more if his team was winning.
I just hope that people will like me
tkf
12/14/2005  12:14 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

Not disagreeing with you on Marbs. I hate that stuff too and if I was Curry I probably would have said something to him but.....I think Marbs would smile more if his team was winning.

good point, but maybe if he smiled more, his teams would win, go figure... what came first, the chicken or the egg.....
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/14/2005  12:22 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Bippity10:

good point, but maybe if he smiled more, his teams would win, go figure... what came first, the chicken or the egg.....

I'm thinking the egg. Not sure what that means with Marbs. His attitude is atrocious. I think it's more of a habit now. He has a me against the world approach and that has always translated into poor body language. My thing is that for us to be a good team instead of the players letting this affect them I would like to see someone step up and take a leadership role so it minimizes the "Marbury effect".

I just hope that people will like me
purple012870
Member: #432
12/14/2005  12:27 PM
I keep reading that you guys like Q. Unless he's still injured & not showing his A game...what's to like about this guy? He is brutal defensively against anybody who has quickness, has made a grand total of one move all season that has allowed him to get to the hoop (the spin the other night vs. the Bucks) & seems far more like the Suns version as opposed to the intense, rebounding Clippers version of Q.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/14/2005  12:34 PM
Posted by Bippity10:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Bippity10:

I'm thinking the egg. Not sure what that means with Marbs. His attitude is atrocious. I think it's more of a habit now. He has a me against the world approach and that has always translated into poor body language. My thing is that for us to be a good team instead of the players letting this affect them I would like to see someone step up and take a leadership role so it minimizes the "Marbury effect".

Not proposing a trade here, but with that description he would be a great fit with Riley in Miami. That "Marbury effect" sounds like something out of Riley's "The Winner Within"
~You can't run from who you are.~
purple012870
Member: #432
12/14/2005  12:40 PM
Also, the current version of Q dupes what they already have in excess....just a jump shooter (i.e. Jarvis Hayes).
washington post reports knicks/wizards discussing q for atkins/jeffries

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy