[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

lb: "let the young kids play" (article)
Author Thread
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
12/14/2005  1:20 AM
Trevor Ariza will also see minutes at the three-spot, but for now, will not break into the starting lineup.
"I love Trevor's heart," Brown said. "He's not ready, in my mind, to be a starter in this league. But he comes to practice every day, he gets better every day."

ok?
Had enough Melo?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
12/14/2005  1:20 AM
that article almost implies that Qyntel will start...
¿ △ ?
PhilinLA
Member: #696
12/14/2005  1:24 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

or someone.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/14/2005  1:28 AM
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by crzymdups:

or someone.

The dog's been let out.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/14/2005  1:30 AM
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by crzymdups:

or someone.

don't do that to me, man...

¿ △ ?
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/14/2005  9:39 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Knight:

I'm glad LB and IT see that our vets aren't capable of leading us to the playoffs and are now fully committed developing our young guys. I wonder where this leaves our star point guard.

without any more excuses... honestly I like steph a lot, but I think LB wants him gone, I don't know when, but there will be a DNP coaches decision for marbury and all hell will break lose, LB gave steph 20games to try and adapt to his style, steph reluctantly tried it seemed, you can just tell he isn't buying into being a team first player. LB demands that he is... Lb will get his way, and steph will be somewhere else I assume...

I agree. Its been 2 years since Marbury was traded here and guess what, we all feel like all the fans of his previous teams do. I thought he might turn it around here with IT in his ear, but no. The man is stubborn and maybe not too bright. He has been in the league for years. He must realize by know that he needs to change his game in order to win. Get the YOUNG players involved!

The sad part is that I don't know if he is tradeable any more. He has been around for so long and on so many teams now, with NO NO NO success! Why would a team trade for him? Really, Why?
nitro
Member: #822
12/14/2005  9:46 AM
Thank god for the lineup change and the rotation. Play all of the young guys will be great, even if we don't win a lot of games this year, at least we won't have to see old tired vets, that are just role players at best. New Starters, Eddie, Channing, Trevor, Q, Steph. Good mix, trevor needs to rebound big, because Eddie and Channing aren't that great of rebounders yet, he also can bring energy and hustle to the first team. Second team JB, Lee, the 2nd Q, nate and Jamal, lots of energy and hustle. All young no old, let's go.
efw
Member: #1002

12/14/2005  10:03 AM
These comments by Brown serve to highlight our impatience as Knick fans once again. When the season started, Brown said it would probably be late December before some of these kids saw some time. Here we are calling him an idiot and what not and now he actually is not only following through on his plan but fully committing to the yound kids.

Good for Larry, good for us. Sometimes you have to remember that we have the greatest coach in today's game on our bench.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/14/2005  10:19 AM
For now Ariza has to start because Qyntel has yet to memorize the plays. Ariza may not bring a lot offensively, but defensively he is the best we have at SF. I say he should start until either Qyntel learns our plays or we get a new SF...
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/14/2005  10:26 AM
Its great news that Larry is fully committing on the young players because even if they don't know how to do many small but important things in basketball, they are the most talented players on the team, and the reason we have been in most games. It even better that the Knicks have placed AD and Penny in the inactive list, they won't bother us anymore. And they will probably be traded soon.

Rose out of the rotation is just something we need because he isn't really a good option at SF, and we have too many PFs to make room for him.

Great news from Larry! He has finally settled on something! It took him 20 games, but at least he did...
Knicks_Fan
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/14/2005  10:26 AM
Posted by efw:

These comments by Brown serve to highlight our impatience as Knick fans once again. When the season started, Brown said it would probably be late December before some of these kids saw some time. Here we are calling him an idiot and what not and now he actually is not only following through on his plan but fully committing to the yound kids.

Good for Larry, good for us. Sometimes you have to remember that we have the greatest coach in today's game on our bench.

Yup. I've said all along that LB is not concerned with getting the 8th seed. He is concerned with long term success and he is going to teach whatever lessons he can to ensure that happens. Unfortunately in the short term that means losses and frustration. David Lee(if not traded) will find himself on the court. Like I said AD and Malik will be phased out. But you simply do't do that from day one. That's why most expansion teams take forever to improve. LB knows what he is doing.

I just hope that people will like me
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/14/2005  11:47 AM
good point bip. the problem is that people are so worried about missing the playoffs because of a potential lottery pick going to the bulls. I don't care,because if we backed the curry deal, then we felt that he was better than any potential player entering the draft next year. We still have the spurs pick, but most importantly is that we will have a group of core players, who's average age will be around 23, that learn how to play winning ball, the right way. To me that is all that matters....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Ira
Member: #91
12/14/2005  12:45 PM
When Larry was hired the press was saying that he wouldn't play rookies - I gues because he didn't want to play Darko in Detroit.
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/14/2005  12:51 PM
Yeah Ira it's nonsense. He just wants to win. He had a vet team in Detroit that was championship caliber. In his view Darko was going to have to kill someone to get some run. But I think LB is more than willing to give time to a guy that clearly outplays the guy in front of him. Channing plays 30 minutes a night. He definitely has a tight rope for the young guys but if they put up he will play them.
I just hope that people will like me
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/14/2005  1:51 PM
This isn't really a commitment to youth as much it is a commitment to our best players. Our best players are starting except for Craw who will spearhead the 2nd unit.
lb: "let the young kids play" (article)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy