[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

can someone answer this simple question concerning isiah and steph
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/13/2005  4:11 PM
IF steph was brought here to play with h20, then why hasn't isiah brought a nice jumpshooter in here to replace that role? i mean, look at who has thrived under marbury - h20, kvh, doleac, and kurt. h20 is toast. kvh traded for tim. doleac gone for nazr. kurt - gone. he has not given marbury a freak'n solid catch and shoot jumpshooter on the wing when it's clear as day that he needs one. why? jamal is not one, and neither is Q. they NEVER were considered jumpshooters. why after all these moves has isiah ignored that part of the roster? frye is our only one and it's hard for me to believe that he expected a rookie to come in like this. raja bell? nope. even someone as simple as juan dixon or jumaine jones. nada.
AUTOADVERT
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
12/13/2005  4:23 PM
tim thomas and quentin richardson(before he started sucking this year) are jump shooters, geez dj not everything isiah does is an indication that hes going to trade marbury.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/13/2005  4:25 PM
Who should he have brought in? He brought in Q. Who knew he would suck this badly?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/13/2005  4:27 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

tim thomas and quentin richardson(before he started sucking this year) are jump shooters, geez dj not everything isiah does is an indication that hes going to trade marbury.

no, i'm not trying to make it another conspiracy thread. i'm just curious as to why he hasn't surround steph with players that complement him. tim thomas is more slasher - he was brought in over kvh b/c he's more athletic. and q...well if isiah didn't look at his %'s and thought q was going to be a nice catch and shoot jumpshooter, without taking 300 shots a game, then shame on isiah. if anyone is to blame on why there are no complementary players for steph, it's isiah.

[Edited by - djsunyc on 12-13-2005 4:28 PM]
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/13/2005  4:30 PM
how many shooters like Houston exist in the league? five? Frye might be one of them.
¿ △ ?
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/13/2005  4:37 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by SlimPack:

no, i'm not trying to make it another conspiracy thread. i'm just curious as to why he hasn't surround steph with players that complement him. tim thomas is more slasher - he was brought in over kvh b/c he's more athletic. and q...well if isiah didn't look at his %'s and thought q was going to be a nice catch and shoot jumpshooter, without taking 300 shots a game, then shame on isiah. if anyone is to blame on why there are no complementary players for steph, it's isiah.

Q was just filler/high risk in order to get Nate.

jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/13/2005  4:38 PM
btw, i do think this is what Isiah thought JC's role woud be. spot-up shooter, someone who can shoot anywhere on the floor, just no GD discipline!
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
12/13/2005  4:39 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

no, i'm not trying to make it another conspiracy thread.

I wasnt directly accusing you of trying to start a conspiracy, but its obvious that the point you were trying to make is that zeke is not building this team around steph(its the point your always trying to make). oh well maybe your right, maybe zeke will trade steph, i really dont care anymore, at this point is seems as though the knicks will suck no matter who is on the team
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/13/2005  4:48 PM
just goes to show how hard it is to find guys like Houston. This is part of the reason I think Frye is so special. Its one thing to be able to shoot, KT could shoot. But when you can shoot like Frye can and you combine that with some nice mid range moves, hooks, etc. you have a bonafide weapon.

Over the summer guys laughed at me because I thought Frye could be a 20 point scorer. Now I think he can be a 25 point scorer. If he can get a little bigger no reason he cant be the offensive player Ewing was. 20-24ppg shoots >50%

Its the rebounding and defense that I dont know about. Not saying he wont get it either but since I made a Ewing comparison I feel obligated to qualify it by saying Frye cant hold Pat's jock on the defensive side of the ball.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/13/2005  6:26 PM
Posted by fishmike:

just goes to show how hard it is to find guys like Houston. This is part of the reason I think Frye is so special. Its one thing to be able to shoot, KT could shoot. But when you can shoot like Frye can and you combine that with some nice mid range moves, hooks, etc. you have a bonafide weapon.

Over the summer guys laughed at me because I thought Frye could be a 20 point scorer. Now I think he can be a 25 point scorer. If he can get a little bigger no reason he cant be the offensive player Ewing was. 20-24ppg shoots >50%

Its the rebounding and defense that I dont know about. Not saying he wont get it either but since I made a Ewing comparison I feel obligated to qualify it by saying Frye cant hold Pat's jock on the defensive side of the ball.

and you should have felt obligated, but i agree with everything.
McK1
Member: #964
12/13/2005  7:44 PM
please NO JUAN DIXON

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/13/2005  9:47 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Some critics who say that Ewing's defense was nothing to write home about.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2005  11:46 PM
I don't think Isiah brought Steph here simply to play with Houston. Houston was already in his 30s and had had microfracture surgery *before* Isiah even came here. I doubt Isiah had long-term plans with Houston.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/13/2005  11:54 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I don't think Isiah brought Steph here simply to play with Houston. Houston was already in his 30s and had had microfracture surgery *before* Isiah even came here. I doubt Isiah had long-term plans with Houston.

I don;t think anyone expected Houston to crumble as fast as he did. Houston and Marbury backcourt was what EVERYONE thought would happen.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/14/2005  12:01 AM
Or what everyone was led to believe would happen
oohah
Member: #887
12/14/2005  12:07 AM
Some critics who say that Ewing's defense was nothing to write home about.

Some critics don't know where their ass ends and their elbow begins.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/14/2005  12:13 AM
When Isiah was hired, he was apparently directed by Little Dolan to attempt a quick fix. His plan was to pair Marbury with Houston and acquire Rasheed for the front court. Unfortunately, Ainge did what he could to block the acquisition of Rasheed, and as Martin said, Houston's physical decline was quicker than anticipated.

Isiah then realized that he needed to rebuild, but he has probably still been under pressure from Little Dolan to make the playoffs as soon as possible. That has caused him to make dumb moves like trading for Mo Taylor.

Now that Larry is here, he stuck with a PG whose skillset doesn't suit the coach's style of play, but his contract makes him almost untradeable.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/14/2005  12:38 AM
I simply don't think Isiah realized how severe Houston's injury was when this first happened. The talk went from "Greatest backcourt in the NBA" to "We must save Houston for the next 3 years" to "We just can't bank on Allan anymore." so it was definitely obvious that Isiah had this great backcourt vision, and NOBODY realized that Tim Thomas was going to be had as he was and is.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
12/14/2005  1:42 AM
Frye seems to have a better shot than KT. It seems automatic silky smooth.
This is the Randle.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
12/14/2005  7:36 AM
I still think without the tim thomas trade we would've been a better team two years ago and would be in better shape for now. The knicks were playing really well with those two, probably because they were perfect for the two things that marbury does all game. When marbury penetrates and dishes, houston and KVH were money. When he needed a pick and roll, Doleac would make his shots. Sweetney might've improved a lot more in the post and might've become a better passer since defenders would have to stay honest on the other knicks out there. Oh well - I love athleticism and all but we need to get more players in the frye mold to complement our athletes - not necessarily the most athletic, but solid fundamentally and good shooters.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
can someone answer this simple question concerning isiah and steph

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy