Author Thread
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
12/13/2005  3:13 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by EnySpree:

I think Mark Cuban might do it cuz he is bored......his Dallas team is stagnant right now. They got Jason Terry taking the last second shot ahead of Dirk.

Marbs and Dirk in the pick and roll is money in the bank. Marbs ability to get all the way to the rim and score is something that Dallas lacks.

Devin Harris is a up and coming player and his youth would fit in with whats going on in NY.

But.....if you are talking trading Marbs to Dallas that is a salary dumb and you are looking to tank on this season.......Knicks don't have the draft picks to fall back on next year.

So yeah Cuban would do this trade but I don't think Isiah would unless he was just gonna give up and rebuild.

Marb and Dirk Digler would be downright scary. We all know how efficient Marb and KVH played together. Dirk is the SUPER SIZED KVH. A Marbury for KVH, Devin Harris and their 1st round pick would be awesome.

we wont get devin harris for marbury. knight is suggesting that we essentially dump marburys contract in exchange only for it coming off the books and a late first round pick. I actually think its a good idea simply becuase, Im tired of how this organization is being run.
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/13/2005  4:00 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Allanfan20:

You'd rather have a #25 pick, a pick where maybe 1 in 8 guys turns out to be at least someone, for Stephon Marbury, who's a boarderline superstar? You are Crazy like Ron Artest near a guy with a cup of beer.

Marbury is not a borderline superstar, he's not even an All-Star in his own conference. He's on the downside of his career and a proven loser. Give me that 20mil a year back and a first round pick which I could include in other deals if I wanted and I would do it in a second.

man, you are just blind with hating marbury. believing he is worth any 1st round pick..please. what a joke.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/13/2005  4:02 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Now now, no need to get personal. I'm sure Knight is a very smart man (Or woman?) and just b/c he doesn't think as highly as Marbury doesn't mean he's a dumb sportsfan or dumb person in general.

come on now...hes bascially saying he'd trade marbs for even a late 1st round pick. that is dumb. no way around it.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/13/2005  4:08 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Allanfan20:

Now now, no need to get personal. I'm sure Knight is a very smart man (Or woman?) and just b/c he doesn't think as highly as Marbury doesn't mean he's a dumb sportsfan or dumb person in general.

come on now...hes bascially saying he'd trade marbs for even a late 1st round pick. that is dumb. no way around it.

Ummmm, that's not all. We'll have a chance to get under the cap alot quicker if that's the direction we want to go in.

[Edited by - Knight on 12-13-2005 4:17 PM]
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
bsw3
Member: #589
12/13/2005  7:03 PM
does anybody take knight seriously any more?? when you're that biased you can't make an actual well thought out point.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/13/2005  7:46 PM
You're absolutely right! That's brilliant! We WOULD be getting a Kirelinko type player for Marbs! If you give me $1000 I'll give you a lottery ticket. Millions of dollars have been won with those. That's the kind of money you would be getting back.

Posted by Knight:

^Kirilenko was taken in the late first round, that's the kind of pick we would be getting.

Knight
12/13/2005  7:50 PM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

You're absolutely right! That's brilliant! We WOULD be getting a Kirelinko type player for Marbs! If you give me $1000 I'll give you a lottery ticket. Millions of dollars have been won with those. That's the kind of money you would be getting back.

Posted by Knight:

^Kirilenko was taken in the late first round, that's the kind of pick we would be getting.

I think IT has a better chance of finding a talented young player in the late first round than someone does winning the lottery. But maybe I haven't thought it through all the way.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
NotFrye
Member: #935
12/13/2005  8:17 PM
a) what FA's would we through money at in 07 or 08 that would not be resigned by their current teams?

b) Do you think we will get someone 65% as good as marbury with anything but a top ten pick? A top 20 pick? How about a top 30 pick?
Name some prospects you would rather have over marbury between picks 25-30 in 2006. Zeke does not seem to be looking to gut the team, but if he were, he'd hopefully find a gm stupid enough to give him one of the unprotected, golden tickets to the Greg Oden factory.
Knight
12/13/2005  8:23 PM
Posted by NotFrye:

a) what FA's would we through money at in 07 or 08 that would not be resigned by their current teams?

b) Do you think we will get someone 65% as good as marbury with anything but a top ten pick? A top 20 pick? How about a top 30 pick?
Name some prospects you would rather have over marbury between picks 25-30 in 2006. Zeke does not seem to be looking to gut the team, but if he were, he'd hopefully find a gm stupid enough to give him one of the unprotected, golden tickets to the Greg Oden factory.

Nobody knows, but I do know this: the Knicks suck with Marbury and we are paying for it.
NotFrye
Member: #935
12/13/2005  8:27 PM
This is true
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/13/2005  8:38 PM
This kinda shows you really haven't thought this through. I love this whole let's move Marbs and have no PG. Craw and Nate aren't half as good as Marbs right now. Better yet, lets get some unspecified player that 25 or so other people passed on for our leading scorer. BTW to say Marbs can't shoot...he shot 46% from the field last season..that's great for a PG. And say Isiah had a chance of getting a decnt player through a ****ty pick, don't you think we should at least try to get a better pick? We def dun want KVH. WHy not just waive the dude and watch Chicago get the #1 pick instead? It would save IT some phonecalls and traveling. Cause getting close to the cap is not the same as having 15 million under to sign a marquee player.
Posted by Knight:
Posted by NotFrye:

Nobody knows, but I do know this: the Knicks suck with Marbury and we are paying for it.

Knight
12/13/2005  8:40 PM
^We have other players to trade to get a PG.
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

12/13/2005  11:27 PM
It's funny when people talk about getting fair value back in a Marbury trade.

First off, while we gave up too much in bringing Steph here, it was pretty much composed of expiring contracts and late picks, similar to what is being discussed if we trade him away.

Second, when people make what one might think would be flattering comparisons to Marbury, like Bibby, Parker, Terry, Brevin Knight, Hinrich, TJ Ford, etc, many Steph supporters laugh that off saying "they aren't half the player Steph is!" If you will maintain impossibly high standards for Steph then surely a comfortable match will never be found.

Third, meanwhile there are indications that here at home Larry isn't convinced Steph is even better for this squad than Nate and/or Crawford.

At a certain point GMs don't simply look for getting the best player in the trade equation, they look for finding the best fit for their club, and getting their club going in the right direction. If Isiah and Larry should come to feel that Steph is not the right fit here, and is not going in the same direction as the club, they might as well move him for something/anything that contributes to furthering where they want to go.

[Edited by - BlueSeats on 12-13-2005 11:30 PM]
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2005  11:50 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Posted by Knight:

I think IT has a better chance of finding a talented young player in the late first round than someone does winning the lottery. But maybe I haven't thought it through all the way.

You DON'T need to give up Marbury to get a late first round pick. If you think that's the key to getting the next Kirilenko, pull off a trade where we take back a little salary and get 2 late 1st rd picks like the Nazy/Malik deal.
Marbury to Dallas Trade Idea

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy