Marbury to Dallas Trade Idea
Author Thread
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/13/2005  1:40 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Knight:

^I don't need Harris in the deal. I'll take the salary and a number one pick in return for Steph.

i would be extremely unhappy with that and isiah i'm pretty sure would never consider that.

If you could get a guy like Kirilenko for Marbury would you? Those are the kinds of guys you can get with that pick.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/13/2005  1:41 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Knight:

^I don't need Harris in the deal. I'll take the salary and a number one pick in return for Steph.

i would be extremely unhappy with that and isiah i'm pretty sure would never consider that.

If you could get a guy like Kirilenko for Marbury would you? Those are the kinds of guys you can get with that pick.

kirilenko for a late first round pick?????

[Edited by - marv on 12-13-2005 1:42 PM]

oops - i think you were saying something else - that you could pick up someone that good with the pick? that's extremely rare.

[Edited by - marv on 12-13-2005 1:43 PM]
Knight
12/13/2005  1:42 PM
^Kirilenko was taken in the late first round, that's the kind of pick we would be getting.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/13/2005  1:45 PM
I think Dallas is a good fit for marbs. Marbs and Dirk would be a hell of a pick and roll combo,something dirk loves to do, and something jason terry or harris don't run as good as marbs . I would do marbs and Q for KVH, Josh Howard,and Devin Harris.

sounds doable.... i would have to run the trade checker...maybe some fillers needed..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Marv
12/13/2005  1:45 PM
Posted by Knight:

^Kirilenko was taken in the late first round, that's the kind of pick we would be getting.

i juis figured out that's what you were saying. that's a great philosophy if you're psyching yourself up for your own late pick, like what what we should be telling ourselves about owning san antonio's this year. it's not what you say to yourself when you're considering trading stephon marbury imo.
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
12/13/2005  1:52 PM
Posted by tkf:

I think Dallas is a good fit for marbs. Marbs and Dirk would be a hell of a pick and roll combo,something dirk loves to do, and something jason terry or harris don't run as good as marbs . I would do marbs and Q for KVH, Josh Howard,and Devin Harris.

sounds doable.... i would have to run the trade checker...maybe some fillers needed..

Terry and Harris are both better shooters and Harris goes to the hole just as hard as Steph.

And Marbury is not that good a pick and roll player as most think.

Steph comes off of screens weak and with his head down. The only read he makes off of it is one where the screener has the spot up shot - the pick and pop. When a player rolls its rare he hits him cutting. I watched him miss Frye a couple times rolling last night.

When the Bucks put quicker big men Kukoc and Gadz in there, they were able to recover and take a way initial open looks. Channing has a good head fake and jab step. If he ever gets a decent handle and more leg strength, he 'll be an extremely dangerous perimeter big man.

[Edited by - McK1 on 12-13-2005 1:53 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Knight
12/13/2005  1:56 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:

Terry and Harris are both better shooters and Harris goes to the hole just as hard as Steph.

Steph comes off of screens weak and with his head down. The only read he makes off of it is one where the screener has the spot up shot - the pick and pop. When a player rolls its rare he hits him cutting. I watched him miss Frye a couple times rolling last night.

You're ruining Marbury's trade value! If we want Marbury traded we're going to have to stretch the truth about him--he would be an AWESOME fit for Dallas because of terrific veteran leadership which Harris doesn't have...
Marv
12/13/2005  1:59 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:

You're ruining Marbury's trade value! If we want Marbury traded we're going to have to stretch the truth about him--he would be an AWESOME fit for Dallas because of terrific veteran leadership which Harris doesn't have...

yeah but the only reason why kvh and #1 makes sense is if all you want is to have steph off youir team period.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/13/2005  2:00 PM
Posted by Knight:

Thank God you aren't the GM. I know you don't like Marb, but...
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/13/2005  2:03 PM
Posted by Knight:

Its not the same draft and having such a pick doesn't guarantee you of finding good players like him. Many teams have found great players there, but many more have gotten bench players or worse...
Knicks_Fan
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/13/2005  2:03 PM
Posted by simrud:

Get the hell out man, if you think Marbury is only worth one expiring contract and a mid 1st round pick you don't know jack about basketball.

The only way we trade him away is if they take on Jerome Jamek, Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, and give us this year's 1st round pick, and 2 future unprotected 1st round picks along with a young prospect like Daniels.

That could actually put us under the cap if we can work out a couple of more minor deals to get rid of Q, maybe even Craw, even though as a starter his money is actually a good value.

I don't think you're asking for enough. Maybe we can find out who's a match with Cuban and we can give them a kidney as well, just in case Cuban ever needs it.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Knight
12/13/2005  2:08 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Knight:

Its not the same draft and having such a pick doesn't guarantee you of finding good players like him. Many teams have found great players there, but many more have gotten bench players or worse...

Yes, but with IT and LB drafting I take the gamble.
Marv
12/13/2005  2:08 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by simrud:

Get the hell out man, if you think Marbury is only worth one expiring contract and a mid 1st round pick you don't know jack about basketball.

The only way we trade him away is if they take on Jerome Jamek, Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, and give us this year's 1st round pick, and 2 future unprotected 1st round picks along with a young prospect like Daniels.

That could actually put us under the cap if we can work out a couple of more minor deals to get rid of Q, maybe even Craw, even though as a starter his money is actually a good value.

I don't think you're asking for enough. Maybe we can find out who's a match with Cuban and we can give them a kidney as well, just in case Cuban ever needs it.

now you're talking son. one of larry's kidneys for cuban's bladder. tradechecker = trade accepted.
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
12/13/2005  2:09 PM
the hiring of the best head coach fresh off back 2 back finals appearances and 1 world title who alot of fans have zero confidence and want fired because he won't adapt his philosophy to fit Marbury, the self-annointed best pg in the league, who has led NY to a 66-85 record since his acquisition and let him - not run the plays, set up and look for teammates early, be accountable etcetre etcetre - is what is ruining Marbury's trade value

[Edited by - McK1 on 12-13-2005 2:10 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2005  2:28 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by djsunyc:

there's no match with dallas and steph.

What do you mean?
He may have heard that from Briggs, but Dallas is the PERFECT match for Steph. He'd be a huge upgrade in their backcourt, they give tons of money away to bums like Dampier and aren't worried about salary, and they're trying to win now. What additional conditions could possibly make a team a better match for Steph? (I'm not saying I want to trade him, but that's a different topic.)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12-13-2005 1:29 PM]

NO...there's NO match b/c dallas DOES NOT WANT steph. cuban is not an idiot. are you saying that he decided not to pay nash so he can turn around and get steph? stop thinking about what works in trade checker and what works for the teams involved.

they picked harris at #4 and he is producing.
jason terry is playing GREAT for them...MUCH BETTER than marbury is for us.
they have marquis, devin, and josh howard - why would you F with that.
this is a team where they will bench a $70 center b/c their $1 mil guy in diop is better.

THEY DO NOT WANT MARBURY...NO MATCH.
I here what you're saying but a good GM can't worry about what are called "sunk costs"; you have to move on from past mistakes. Can the Mavs afford Marbury? Yes. Would he substantially improve their team? Yes. Let the team improvement speak for itself. If Marbury helps the Mavs win, the media won't be asking him questions about Nash.
Knicksfan
USA
12/13/2005  2:31 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Knight:

Yes, but with IT and LB drafting I take the gamble.

Isiah knew already that this draft was going to be weak so he gave a pick in the Bulls deal. He has a great eye for talent, but still you keep diminishing Marbury's value, which is there even if you fail to see it...
Knicks_Fan
Knight
12/13/2005  2:33 PM
^Who is Marbury valuable too then? If he's valuable we should have no problem trading him.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2005  2:34 PM
Posted by Knight:

^Who is Marbury valuable too then?
Any team trying to win a championship that needs backcourt help and not worried about the cap
If he's valuable we should have no problem trading him.
IF we're even trying to trade him

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12-13-2005 2:38 PM]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/13/2005  2:46 PM
I think that last statement by Bonn was a simple one that spoke great magnitudes. We still have all these Marbury trade talks and we have people here making insane proposals assuming it's gonna happen, yet we have no clue what Larry and Isiah want to do with Marbury. For all we know, they could want to keep him and sign him to a 5 year extension afterwards, let him retire and give him a front office job. But Marbury ISN'T the problem right now, and trading him is going to create a sonic boom of a reaction. It will be loud as hell, but we don't know if it will be for the better or for the worse. Lets do something better. Lets make a trade from one of our positions of strength, like power foward and improve the small foward spot, unless if they are just so high on Ariza and the 2 Qs that they don't care how things go this season, it's going to be great in years to come.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
12/13/2005  3:02 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I think Mark Cuban might do it cuz he is bored......his Dallas team is stagnant right now. They got Jason Terry taking the last second shot ahead of Dirk.

Marbs and Dirk in the pick and roll is money in the bank. Marbs ability to get all the way to the rim and score is something that Dallas lacks.

Devin Harris is a up and coming player and his youth would fit in with whats going on in NY.

But.....if you are talking trading Marbs to Dallas that is a salary dumb and you are looking to tank on this season.......Knicks don't have the draft picks to fall back on next year.

So yeah Cuban would do this trade but I don't think Isiah would unless he was just gonna give up and rebuild.

Marb and Dirk Digler would be downright scary. We all know how efficient Marb and KVH played together. Dirk is the SUPER SIZED KVH. A Marbury for KVH, Devin Harris and their 1st round pick would be awesome.
Marbury to Dallas Trade Idea

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy