Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/13/2005  1:10 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Allanfan20:

Dude, no way we should have to throw in one of our young guys WITH Marbury. KVH and a crappy pick for a boarderline superstar is a ripoff. Give me Harris and that *MIGHT* justify trading away Marbury as he's a stud and a possible budding star. But you don't trade Marbury for JUST ONE expiring contract and a lousy draft pick.

I would. I would rather have a first round pick than Marbury.
Thats because you're not very bright. If it was Toronto's pick, or Atl's pick you would have a point. For Dallas' pick which will be mid to late 20's, its just plain stupid, AND we are still about 55 million over the cap, and a lottery team, with the pick of a conference finalist. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

How much would we be over the cap once KVH, AD, and Penny expire? Not 55million.

[Edited by - Knight on 12-13-2005 1:06 PM]

We would still be over the cap, and when Houston's contract expires, we'll be in the LeBron class, but like I said waaaaaay earlier, they will be RFAs, so their teams will most certainly match.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2005  1:13 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

Marbury would be a very good sixth man for Dallas, nobody can deny that. He could help them alot in that role and be insurance for Terry or Harris.

ROFL!!!! He's gonna come off the bench behind Jason Terry? Do I have to bring back my blinded by hate thread?

People were saying Dallas has no use for Marbury because they have Terry and Harris, well, is Marbury better than those guys or not? If he is then they have a use for him, if he's not, he'd be a great sixth man.

You even need to ask if he's better than those guys? Are you serious?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/13/2005  1:13 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

Marbury would be a very good sixth man for Dallas, nobody can deny that. He could help them alot in that role and be insurance for Terry or Harris.

ROFL!!!! He's gonna come off the bench behind Jason Terry? Do I have to bring back my blinded by hate thread?

This comment goes untouched but McK1 thinks my comments about Cuban being bored is "WOW!". Cuban has been known to make trades for no particular reason except to just get more and more talent regardless of price. I think he would jump at the idea of getting Marbs for KVH and a pick.

There is no way in hell Marbs comes off the bench to back up Terry and Harris. If anything Marbs and Terry would probably be the backcourt there if this were to happen. WOW!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
12/13/2005  1:14 PM
Get the hell out man, if you think Marbury is only worth one expiring contract and a mid 1st round pick you don't know jack about basketball.

The only way we trade him away is if they take on Jerome Jamek, Malik Rose, Mo Taylor, and give us this year's 1st round pick, and 2 future unprotected 1st round picks along with a young prospect like Daniels.

That could actually put us under the cap if we can work out a couple of more minor deals to get rid of Q, maybe even Craw, even though as a starter his money is actually a good value.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/13/2005  1:15 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Allanfan20:

You'd rather have a #25 pick, a pick where maybe 1 in 8 guys turns out to be at least someone, for Stephon Marbury, who's a boarderline superstar? You are Crazy like Ron Artest near a guy with a cup of beer.

Marbury is not a borderline superstar, he's not even an All-Star in his own conference. He's on the downside of his career and a proven loser. Give me that 20mil a year back and a first round pick which I could include in other deals if I wanted and I would do it in a second.

Ohh, so this is how a hater thinks...
Knicks_Fan
McK1
Member: #964
12/13/2005  1:15 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

People were saying Dallas has no use for Marbury because they have Terry and Harris, well, is Marbury better than those guys or not? If he is then they have a use for him, if he's not, he'd be a great sixth man.

He isn't.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Knight
Member: #968
12/13/2005  1:16 PM
FYI, there are alot of great players available every year from 23-30 in the draft. Tinsley, Tony Parker, Dalembert, Tayshaun Prince, Josh Howard...
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
McK1
12/13/2005  1:17 PM
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

This comment goes untouched but McK1 thinks my comments about Cuban being bored is "WOW!". Cuban has been known to make trades for no particular reason except to just get more and more talent regardless of price. I think he would jump at the idea of getting Marbs for KVH and a pick.

There is no way in hell Marbs comes off the bench to back up Terry and Harris. If anything Marbs and Terry would probably be the backcourt there if this were to happen. WOW!

Nellie liked wacky line-ups. Avery likes stability.

[Edited by - McK1 on 12-13-2005 1:17 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/13/2005  1:20 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by EnySpree:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

Nellie liked wacky line-ups. Avery likes stability.

[Edited by - McK1 on 12-13-2005 1:17 PM]

I was about to post this. If we were in the Nellie days, it would be possible. But now Dallas is a more stable team. I don't think its possible to trade Marb to them...
Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
USA
12/13/2005  1:26 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

He isn't.

I know. I already realized he wasn't serious.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/13/2005  1:26 PM
there's no match with dallas and steph.
Knight
12/13/2005  1:27 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

What do you mean?
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Bonn1997
USA
12/13/2005  1:29 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by djsunyc:

What do you mean?
He may have heard that from Briggs, but Dallas is the PERFECT match for Steph. He'd be a huge upgrade in their backcourt, they give tons of money away to bums like Dampier and aren't worried about salary, and they're trying to win now. What additional conditions could possibly make a team a better match for Steph? (I'm not saying I want to trade him, but that's a different topic.)

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12-13-2005 1:29 PM]
McK1
12/13/2005  1:31 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:

I was about to post this. If we were in the Nellie days, it would be possible. But now Dallas is a more stable team. I don't think its possible to trade Marb to them...

yep. the league has changed. noone but Isiah believes you can win a title with just offense.

the last of them Dallas and Sac added Howard Daniels Wells and Garcia to begin a sure up of their perimeter D. Dallas also added Damp, who was an Avery request, in hopes of suring up their perimeter D. He wasn't the total answer so they paid Diop. In contrast Isiah has added Marbury and Crawford to play with Houston a perimeter nightmare defensively and chose to sure up NY's middle with Jerome "throw me the damn ball" James and Curry.

[Edited by - McK1 on 12-13-2005 1:31 PM]
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/13/2005  1:34 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by djsunyc:

What do you mean?
He may have heard that from Briggs, but Dallas is the PERFECT match for Steph. He'd be a huge upgrade in their backcourt, they give tons of money away to bums like Dampier and aren't worried about salary, and they're trying to win now. What additional conditions could possibly make a team a better match for Steph? (I'm not saying I want to trade him, but that's a different topic.)

here's why i don't think it happens - cuban made a big mess for himself letting nash go. his big centerpiece for doing that was harris. (i'm only considering picking up harris as an acceptable marbury to dallas scenario. now he's going to turn around and give up harris already for steph??? not to mention that harris cost him a very productive antawn jamison, he's now turned steve nash into stephon marbury. you think he wants to open himself up to that??
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/13/2005  1:35 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by djsunyc:

What do you mean?

NO...there's NO match b/c dallas DOES NOT WANT steph. cuban is not an idiot. are you saying that he decided not to pay nash so he can turn around and get steph? stop thinking about what works in trade checker and what works for the teams involved.

they picked harris at #4 and he is producing.
jason terry is playing GREAT for them...MUCH BETTER than marbury is for us.
they have marquis, devin, and josh howard - why would you F with that.
this is a team where they will bench a $70 center b/c their $1 mil guy in diop is better.

THEY DO NOT WANT MARBURY...NO MATCH.
Knight
12/13/2005  1:36 PM
^I don't need Harris in the deal. I'll take the salary and a number one pick in return for Steph.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/13/2005  1:39 PM
Posted by Knight:

^I don't need Harris in the deal. I'll take the salary and a number one pick in return for Steph.

i would be extremely unhappy with that and isiah i'm pretty sure would never consider that.
Knight
The question is, would Marbury make them better? If he does then it is a match because the West is extremely tough and one hamstring pull to Terry and they are done.
McK1
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by djsunyc:

What do you mean?
He may have heard that from Briggs, but Dallas is the PERFECT match for Steph. He'd be a huge upgrade in their backcourt, they give tons of money away to bums like Dampier

dampier is a center. Same rationale for overpaying James

how exactly is Marbury a huge upgrade. The shooting, scoring, assist, stl, blk, and rebounding numbers on Dallas' 3 primary ball-handlers - Terry Harris Daniels- are better than any backcourt trio in the league.

how is Marbury a Perfect Match when he isn't an effective orchestrator, terrible at entering the ball into the post, isn't a good mid-range shooter, nor does he defend, which are the things Avery wants from his PG.

[Edited by - McK1 on 12-13-2005 1:42 PM]
Marbury to Dallas Trade Idea

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy