[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Boy, why dont they even give david lee a tiny run?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/13/2005  10:17 AM
they upped the ante to chicago to keep david lee out of the curry deal and now they wont even play him wont even dress him will dress q woods before him--i mean what da fudge? it is highly possible we gave up our pick this year to keep david lee and we will be watching someone get a very high draft lottery pick--maybe for the next two years--atleast get this cat on the floor
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/13/2005  10:20 AM
I heard Mark Aquirre in an interview saying how he loves Lee and how he's going to be such a good player. To me, that means nothing, but I do think the Knicks staff thinks highly of him, but he's just not quite yet ready. Maybe by the trading deadline you'll be seeing the youth movement in 100% full effect. Meaning, Lee will be playing more consistently.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
12/13/2005  10:21 AM
I agree with you, but I think the guy will see more run as we clear out the clut of PF's and PF's playing Small Forward. My guess is Butler is getting his minutes because Butler can float to center and may be outplaying him in practices. Just show patience. Eventually he will play or be used in future trades but at the moment we have a lot of garbage we need to "showcase".

Remember a lot of rookies ride the pine before they get time.
I just hope that people will like me
Allanfan20
USA
12/13/2005  10:28 AM
I don't even know if I agree with that showcasing stuff. An expiring contract is an expiring contract, and certainly team probably don't want to pick up Penny and Antonio Davis (And Mo T for next season) for their basketball talents. Therefore, I really don't think it matters for the sake of their trade value if they are riding pine.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/13/2005  10:29 AM
i think they know EXACTLY what they have in david lee. yes, getting minutes would be nice but like bip said, they're waiting to move some of the glut. they all are VERY HIGH on him. not every rookie gets to play right away but i think lee is a big part of the picture.
Bippity10
12/13/2005  10:35 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I don't even know if I agree with that showcasing stuff. An expiring contract is an expiring contract, and certainly team probably don't want to pick up Penny and Antonio Davis (And Mo T for next season) for their basketball talents. Therefore, I really don't think it matters for the sake of their trade value if they are riding pine.

None of them played last night and Lee still rode the pine. I think he's just a victim of numbers and LB is not the type of coach that is going to give you minutes just because. You have to earn them. I'm sure when he earns them he will be on the court. And Allanfan are you smoking something. You know that everytime Malik tries one of those spin dribbles that flies out of his hands and nearly decapitates a fan in the front row, teams are salivating.
Allanfan20
USA
12/13/2005  10:40 AM
Bip, I get happier and happier every time Malik Rose does that spin dribble and knocks a fans head off with the ball, b/c I KNOW I can do that same exact thing and maybe even better b/c I look good throwing the ball into the stands.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/13/2005  10:42 AM
Lee is just as ready as Nate, which is to they they aren't but that hasn't stopped them from giving Nate burn. There's no excuse why Lee shouldn't be getting at least 10 minutes a game if for no other reason than to see what they have in him. Especially if the only players in front of him are washed up AD, Rose and Mo T.

[Edited by - islesfan on 12-13-2005 10:50 AM]
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Bippity10
12/13/2005  11:01 AM
How do you know Lee has earned minutes over the guys in front of him. Only LB knows. He's earned it in your mind, but unfortunately for you, you are not the coach.

I have moms and dads telling me that all the time. My son has earned the time just as much as anyone else on the team. Why because you say so? Lee will play or be traded for someone that will. In the meantime patience. This is rebuilding.

And for the record there is not quite the logjam in front of Nate as there is in front of Lee. If there was a vet PG here you would not see Nate or Craw on the court.
Bippity10
12/13/2005  11:02 AM
I meant one or the other of Nate or Craw would ride the pine. Not both.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
12/13/2005  1:57 PM
Lee's problem, as aluded to earlier, is the glut at PF. I think the Knicks tried him at SF a little and it didn't work out so well. The Knicks need an SF. I think he will be part of a trade. I know he's a rookie, and doesn't provide much scoring, but I think he's good enough to be out there. He's a tenacious rebounder and, I think, a good passer. He needs to work on his scoring.
https:// It's not so hard.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/13/2005  2:04 PM
we just have too many players. Everytime I see MoT he's playing hard. He's rebounding well and drawing charges. He passing more than he ever has in his career. Yet he got many DNP's and sat while AD played starters minutes.

I think AD and Penny are the only guys that we have ZERO use for (except as cap fodder in trades). Aside from that you could make an arguement for everyone else to get some burn
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/13/2005  2:07 PM
Lee won't play because he is a rookie and Larry will be "loyal" to his veterans, even if they suck. Mo T will play before Lee does. Same with Davis and Rose. Once they are traded and we have a more balanced team where we don't have so many PFs, he will likely play...
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/13/2005  2:12 PM
Posted by fishmike:

we just have too many players. Everytime I see MoT he's playing hard. He's rebounding well and drawing charges. He passing more than he ever has in his career. Yet he got many DNP's and sat while AD played starters minutes.

I think AD and Penny are the only guys that we have ZERO use for (except as cap fodder in trades). Aside from that you could make an arguement for everyone else to get some burn

So true! Larry should realize this and not play them at all. Really, Mo T would bring more than AD tries to bring. Penny can help in single minutes, but thats not really a great thing. We don't need them.
Knicks_Fan
King1
Member: #998
USA
12/13/2005  2:35 PM
Briggs I am with you. David is learning a position he has never played before. You will see his time go up in the near future. This kid understand the game can pass and rebound. He isnt a big scorer but he can do what Ariza and rose does. I just think you will see some moves in the next two days. I really dont think Lee will be traded. I am hearing Q, Rose and Ariza in a three way deal for Artest
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/13/2005  2:48 PM
Posted by King1:

Briggs I am with you. David is learning a position he has never played before. You will see his time go up in the near future. This kid understand the game can pass and rebound. He isnt a big scorer but he can do what Ariza and rose does. I just think you will see some moves in the next two days. I really dont think Lee will be traded. I am hearing Q, Rose and Ariza in a three way deal for Artest

why dont they just make him put on some solid muscle at the end of this year. He weighed 228 I believe at the combines for rookies--if he can get up to 245 at 6-9 with his leaping ability, you'd think hed become a pretty serious rebounder--because hes good now. the extra weight would enable him to bang with the top tier guys. I think trying to make him a 3 is a mistake--hes an undersized 4 but there is no reason why he cant put the muscle on, he has a good frame.
RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
USA
12/13/2005  3:04 PM
I agree with you Briggs. When he's in there, he seems to do nothing but gobble up all those rebounds and loose balls. But maybe he's just not playing b/c he's making a ton of mistakes and missing defensive assignments in practice that it's just not quite worth putting him in. Not just yet at least.

But when he puts up that muscle, he can be a really really good rebounder.
King1
Member: #998
USA
12/13/2005  3:08 PM
The reason David isnt playing is not because of practice I can assure oyu that. He is waiting his turn, and when some trades go through he will get his chance. Briggs David bulked uop to 250 his sophmore year and lost his quickness and some explosiveness. He played 5 thorughout college and I think he could bulk up to about 240 and play the four. Brown wants him to play the three for match up reason and he will play against teams that have bigger three like Odom, and Walker. He will get his chance
Bippity10
12/13/2005  3:21 PM
The reason rookies don't develop on expansion teams with crappy coach's is because the coach's are coaching to save their jobs and give the talented rookies everything. The reason rookies develop under great coach's even though they get little burn is because these coach's make them earn it. Larry does not like loosing. His job is to win a title not to watch rookies. When David earns it in Larry's eyes. He will play. Clear out the logjam and David will get time.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2005  11:42 PM
When David earns it? What has he done to suggest he earned less time than Malik and AD?
Boy, why dont they even give david lee a tiny run?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy