Mike Breen went out of his way to talk about the trade dealine
Author Thread
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
12/13/2005  10:52 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by fishmike:

there is no way Sac is trading Peja for Artest.
Agreed!

better than lose him for nothing which they will at the end of the season.

they can always re-route Artest like Atlanta did when they traded for Wallace.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
AUTOADVERT
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/13/2005  10:55 AM
I'd like to see zeke play hard ball a little, the pacers are done with artest, so they would take pretty much anything for the nothing he's gonna provide to them going forward.

the AD/penny, ariza/lee proposals would be ideal...I love reezy, but artest is artest. Lock down 20/10 guy.

Now, we all know my professed love of marbs, but the way lb has nate playing and crawford is also coming along very well, I'd give up marbury for artest/tinsley and congratulate zeke for being GM of the year.

Artest is basically marbury...stats. but we would get a pg in return and one that has played for LB (right?) and artest is artest.

I'd like to keep marbs, but with Frye and Curry providing offense and crawford chipping in, we don't need a scoring point guard anymore.

I'm ultra confused, btw, last night I was shocked at what I saw...and the problem does not seem to be the SF anymore, but I'm exhausted in trying to figure out if LB and Marbs will work and it's looking more and more like marbs is the odd man out...Artest does what he's asked, and LB would love that...artest is sheed like in his headcase issues.

I'd rather the fishy cap space for artest trade, but marbs for artest and tinsley improves the team immensely.

[Edited by - rvhoss on 12-13-2005 11:01 AM]
all kool aid all the time.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/13/2005  10:59 AM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by fishmike:

there is no way Sac is trading Peja for Artest.
Agreed!

better than lose him for nothing which they will at the end of the season.

they can always re-route Artest like Atlanta did when they traded for Wallace.

Like maybe re-route Artest here for about $30 million in cap relief?
¿ △ ?
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/13/2005  11:07 AM
Does it scare anyone else that if we end up trading Marbury for Artest, that Artest will be our best player and defacto clubhouse leader and the strongest personality ion the locker room?
~You can't run from who you are.~
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/13/2005  11:13 AM
Posted by joec32033:

Does it scare anyone else that if we end up trading Marbury for Artest, that Artest will be our best player and defacto clubhouse leader and the strongest personality ion the locker room?

Well, Artest being our best player may be better than having Marbury being it. And Marbury has done nothing as a clubhouse leader, so we don't lose that much. I'd give a chance to Artest being at home and being the best player on the Knicks, maybe giving him that responsability on his hometown will make him focus on basketball. Its a gamble, but why not take it? Its not like the Knicks are close to making the playoffs anyway...
Knicks_Fan
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/13/2005  11:39 AM
Marbury at least is endearing himself to his teammates (like buying the Rooks suits).....I do not like the idea of having Artest as our strongest personality without some type of Ying to Artest's Yang.
~You can't run from who you are.~
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/13/2005  11:47 AM
There's no team in the world that would take Marbury right now. It's ridiculous, but mainly because of his contract he is untradeable. Don't worry about losing Marbs, he's here for the long run for better or worse.
¿ △ ?
Knicksfan
USA
12/13/2005  11:52 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

There's no team in the world that would take Marbury right now. It's ridiculous, but mainly because of his contract he is untradeable. Don't worry about losing Marbs, he's here for the long run for better or worse.

Then IT has no choice but to bring Larry Brown the PG he wants, because Nate right now isn't a PG and is better suited for the bench. Its frustrating that things worked out for Billups and he scored and organized the offense for Detroit with Brown but that hasn't happened with Marbury. The only way I see this thing working without trading Marbury is bringing a pass-first PG to start along with Marbury. That would somehow make either Q-Rich or Craw expendable...
Knicks_Fan
Bippity10
Member: #574
12/13/2005  12:00 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by crzymdups:

Then IT has no choice but to bring Larry Brown the PG he wants, because Nate right now isn't a PG and is better suited for the bench. Its frustrating that things worked out for Billups and he scored and organized the offense for Detroit with Brown but that hasn't happened with Marbury. The only way I see this thing working without trading Marbury is bringing a pass-first PG to start along with Marbury. That would somehow make either Q-Rich or Craw expendable...

#1-It took Billups a while
#2-Billups was already playing with winning players and vets that knew how to play
#3-Marbury isn't Billups
I just hope that people will like me
Knicksfan
USA
12/13/2005  12:07 PM
But they played similar games before they were coached by Brown. And yeah, it took Billups some time, but right now Marbury seems to be making no improvement in this attempt by Brown to transform him.
Knicks_Fan
Bippity10
12/13/2005  12:18 PM
I'm with you Knicksfan, but Marbury is further into his career than Billups was. Marbury through some fault of his own has had no stability and has played one way his entire career. Now on a dime he is being asked to change. It's going to take more than 20 games for this to happen. Add to this the fact that there aren't many guys on this team that also know how to play the game he has no examples. Billups had a team full of them.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/13/2005  12:22 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

I'm with you Knicksfan, but Marbury is further into his career than Billups was. Marbury through some fault of his own has had no stability and has played one way his entire career. Now on a dime he is being asked to change. It's going to take more than 20 games for this to happen. Add to this the fact that there aren't many guys on this team that also know how to play the game he has no examples. Billups had a team full of them.

which is why, if we're going young, we should move him. otherwise go get some vets to play with him...and is that what we want to do?

[Edited by - djsunyc on 12-13-2005 12:24 PM]
NotFrye
Member: #935
12/13/2005  12:22 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I think you could get artest and croshere tomorrow for marbs.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2005  12:35 PM
Posted by NotFrye:
Posted by crzymdups:

I think you could get artest and croshere tomorrow for marbs.
Any team that wants to win a championship right now would want Marbury if we took back some salary. Teams that give Dampier $70 mil, Foyle $40 mil, etc are not gonna worry about giving Marbury $70 mil.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12-13-2005 12:36 PM]
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/13/2005  12:39 PM
Dallas probably regretted giving Dampier that contract the moment he signed it. That Foyle contract is even more assinine as Big Gays.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bippity10
12/13/2005  12:40 PM
djsuny:I'm not opposed to trading Marbury but I think most on this site are just looking to trade him for anyone. I don't think that helps us. If we can't get the right deal hold on to him and go from there. Either way we are going to struggle. We are not in position to trade Marbury for trade sake unless he was a cancer. If he is playing hard and doing what the coach says than there is no reason not to hold onto him and wait to see if a great deal comes along.
Knicksfan
USA
12/13/2005  12:44 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

Yep, this is very true, and unfortunate. The vets we have here are just not effective players anymore, and can't get the job done. The young vets are very inconsistent to provide any help (Craw, Q, Curry). The only player ready to score consistently is the one trying to be a pass first PG, and that is hurting us so much. IT better find a way to get Marb some steady help because its ironic how the only ones doing that are the rookies.
Knicks_Fan
oohah
Member: #887
12/13/2005  1:14 PM
Guys!

If anyone thinks that we are getting Artest without giving up one of our big pieces, i.e. Marbury, Frye, Curry, Crawford, then you are dreaming!

Sacramento does not want give up Peja for role players on a bad team and neither does Indiana want to give up Artest for the same.

Let's get realistic! You all are making trades with you hearts, thinking: If we get to keep all of our best players and add Artest the Knicks will be good. But that ain't how it works!

Like I wrote above, you have to give talent to get talent.

Outside of Frye, I don't know why folks are married to any these guys on the Knicks like: Curry, Marbury, Crawford, or Robinson. The fact is the Knicks are bad! Ron Artest is better than anyone we have on the team.

Let us be realistic, he would improve the team if we were to swap him for any one player.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 12-13-2005 1:15 PM]
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/13/2005  1:24 PM
Posted by Bippity10:

djsuny:I'm not opposed to trading Marbury but I think most on this site are just looking to trade him for anyone. I don't think that helps us. If we can't get the right deal hold on to him and go from there. Either way we are going to struggle. We are not in position to trade Marbury for trade sake unless he was a cancer. If he is playing hard and doing what the coach says than there is no reason not to hold onto him and wait to see if a great deal comes along.

i agree. the misconception is that if we trade marbury, then we'll start winning. and that's not necessarily true. but what i will say is this - we can all universally agree that steph is not a leader. but with him on the team, it will be very tough for a leader to emerge, especially without posing a threat to steph. it's not a good dynamic to have.

i can't talk from a bball point of view but from a team at work, we have one guy running the ship on a project. he's the guy giving out the work and the point man. but he's very poor at organizing. another guy on the team is getting the job done efficiently and is on top of the other guys to make sure they're getting it done also. but he's not the top guy. now the project lead is seeing this and feels a little threatened, especially since he got to where he was b/c of his relationship with the boss.

that may not be a great example or maybe i didn't articulate it correctly but in summation, with steph not being a leader combined with the fact that we don't have veterans that can still play and take the leadership from steph, we're stuck with a bunch of young guys that have to keep quiet. so yes, dumping steph for nothing may hurt us talent-wise BUT even tho steph isn't a cancer, it may clear the way for someone to step up. not saying it will, but it now gives someone the opportunity. kurt thomas was moved on draft night b/c it was the FIRST deal isiah got for him. kurt challenged steph and got burned for it.

OR

we can try to keep doing it with steph and keep investing time in him and hope it works out. so far, alot of teams have tried it...only to be dissapointed. and with what seems to be the direction we're going in, the youth, steph not being a leader for them makes him, imho, not needed.

i, for one, am willing to turn the page and move on already AT THE BEHEST of winning RIGHT NOW.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/13/2005  1:24 PM
If anyone thinks that we are getting Artest without giving up one of our big pieces, i.e. Marbury, Frye, Curry, Crawford, then you are dreaming!

Hey, if they want Crawford for Artest, I'll even make sure someone gift-wraps all 140 pounds of him for them!
Mike Breen went out of his way to talk about the trade dealine

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy