[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mike Breen went out of his way to talk about the trade dealine
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/12/2005  11:32 PM
He said some of these players are being showcased, etc.

He even mentioned my theory about showcasing the vets. But none of the vets played.

He also said Frye is pretty close to untouchable as you can imagine.

trades are coming. I think Q and Nate are goners. hopefully for Artest.
AUTOADVERT
NewYorkSoul
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #855
Canada
12/12/2005  11:39 PM
I have a feeling Channing will go if we get Artest
David f'n Lee for President!!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/12/2005  11:46 PM
Isiah isn't that stupid. Heck, you think Larry Brown would allow such a thing? I don't think so. Larry loves Channing right now. Heck, I even think he loves Nate too.

Why say Nate is a goner. He's getting better and better and can be a heck of a player in this league.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/12/2005  11:55 PM
nate and frye are going nowhere, I think curry stays also. the rest of the roster is not safe... I wonder how LB feels about lee?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
oohah
Member: #887
12/12/2005  11:56 PM
Isiah isn't that stupid. Heck, you think Larry Brown would allow such a thing? I don't think so. Larry loves Channing right now. Heck, I even think he loves Nate too.

As good as Channing already looks, I would be surprised if he is ever as good as Artest, who seems to improve basketball-wise every year. I don't think that trading Frye for Artest would be stupid at all in a basketball sense.

The thing is this, we know there is practically no chance of Frye getting into a street fight on the way to the game and doing a six month bid!

I don't know how it will work out, but I think something like Marbury for Artest and Tinsley is a possibilty. The Pacers aren't going to trade Artest for our garbage and a couple of players who might be decent.

On the other hand, maybe the Pacers figure anything is better than the Artest train wreck. I have to wonder what 'happened' to him that makes him so crazy. Some investigation should be done into his past. I used to play ball with some kids who went to school at LaSalle when he was there, and they never said he was an ass-hole...

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 12-12-2005 11:57 PM]
Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/12/2005  11:57 PM
Channing, Nate, Curry, and Crawford shouldn't be traded IMO.

Everyone else is fair game...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
12/12/2005  11:59 PM
Here's an article that might explain why Artest is "nuts".

Scary Good

https:// It's not so hard.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/13/2005  12:00 AM
Richardson's contract is on par with Artest but you will have to throw in a rookie. Frye is probably the only untouchable guy and I would add Curry too. Artest has to prove to me that he would take the minimum to play here, though because the Pacers and Bird have no obligation to make the Knicks better. Right now Q is a shell of himself (hate to pile on the guy right now). Frye is now being mention in all these trade talks.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/13/2005  12:00 AM
Oh, and I think we NEED Artest.

And I also think there's no chance Walsh gives him up to us, no matter how generous the offer.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/13/2005  12:01 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

Oh, and I think we NEED Artest.

And I also think there's no chance Walsh gives him up to us, no matter how generous the offer.

good point. Artest should have stayed quiet.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
oohah
12/13/2005  12:11 AM
Channing, Nate, Curry, and Crawford shouldn't be traded IMO.

I think you are being a tad sentimental. Artest is better than any one of those guys, and is more valuable to the team than NR and Curry or NR and Crawford put together.

oohah
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/13/2005  12:14 AM
Oohah, I agree with you that currently, Artest is clearly a much better player than Channing, but you just can't see in the future. He's been making a ton of progress as it is. He's been grabbing about 7 boards a game. He has trouble on defense even though he tries his hardest. He just needs to strengthen the legs up, work on his boards. The scoring is there. He's a decent passer. You just can't tell.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
oohah
12/13/2005  12:22 AM
Oohah, I agree with you that currently, Artest is clearly a much better player than Channing, but you just can't see in the future. He's been making a ton of progress as it is. He's been grabbing about 7 boards a game. He has trouble on defense even though he tries his hardest. He just needs to strengthen the legs up, work on his boards. The scoring is there. He's a decent passer. You just can't tell.

At this point, I would rather lose Marbury than Frye, then set our sights on a point guard who lives to pass. But I do think that we would have to consider trading anyone on the team.

oohah

SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
12/13/2005  12:25 AM
I dont think nate, or frye should be traded for artest. Im positive that trading nate and or frye for artest would not make us a better team in any way. it takes more than a single talented player to make a team good. but thats probably a lesson the knicks will never learn
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/13/2005  12:29 AM
I wouldnt trade Frye for any player because it doesnt make sense--obviously were not getting guys like amare howard lebron bosh--and Frye is to young and good to be considered a candidate to be traded for a next tier age guy unless it was brand and we arent getting him

i dont even understand why some people have put up his name oooaha would probably trade frye for fatoine walker so he can watch him on his 0-12 nights.
RIP Crushalot😞
NotFrye
Member: #935
12/13/2005  12:29 AM
I would love to get artest and tinsley for marbs. maybe if we get walsh really, really drunk he'll do it

Also, I would never trade a rookie who goes 13 for 15 for anything but a superstar, untill we find out what he's capable of.

[Edited by - notfrye on 12-13-2005 12:30 AM]
oohah
12/13/2005  12:32 AM
I dont think nate, or frye should be traded for artest. Im positive that trading nate and or frye for artest would not make us a better team in any way. it takes more than a single talented player to make a team good. but thats probably a lesson the knicks will never learn

Seriously, you think that NR contributes more to winning than Artest? Or will anytime soon? Are you sure that you aren't speaking from the soft spot in your heart that likes 5'9" players, just like the rest of us?

Maybe one talented player does not make a team good, but it takes superior talent to win big. I would hate to lose Channing, I like NR, but I am a believer in talent over players I like.

oohah

oohah
12/13/2005  12:41 AM
i dont even understand why some people have put up his name oooaha would probably trade frye for fatoine walker so he can watch him on his 0-12 nights.

Where does this come from? I would have to say you come up with more ridiculous trades/viewpoints in any given week than I have since I joined up.

How good do you think Frye will be? Throw out a name, like Garnett or Duncan for instance. Because it looks to me like you are bequeathing him franchise player-like greatness. He is a nice player, but I don't think he is as good as Artest.

And guess what? For all of Antoine's bad nights, he would be the best small forward on this team by a large margin. We wuldn't be wondering what to do. Funny how quiet you were were he began the season playing excellent. Oh that's right, you are keeping that spot warm for Josh McRoberts, even before he played a college game. Just take a look at the history Briggs, Youth does not equal championships. It actually usually include a sh!tload of losses. Talent equals championship contenders.

oohah

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/13/2005  12:47 AM
Posted by oohah:

[quote] i dont even understand why some people have put up his name oooaha would probably trade frye for fatoine walker so he can watch him on his 0-12 nights.

Where does this come from? I would have to say you come up with more ridiculous trades/viewpoints in any given week than I have since I joined up.

How good do you think Frye will be? Throw out a name, like Garnett or Duncan for instance. Because it looks to me like you are bequeathing him franchise player-like greatness. He is a nice player, but I don't think he is as good as Artest.

And guess what? For all of Antoine's bad nights, he would be the best small forward on this team by a large margin. We wuldn't be wondering what to do. Funny how quiet you were were he began the season playing excellent. Oh that's right, you are keeping that spot warm for Josh McRoberts, even before he played a college game. Just take a look at the history Briggs, Youth does not equal championships. It actually usually include a sh!tload of losses. Talent equals championship contenders.

oohah

we have a lot of holes. fixing one hole--SF but eliminating another--PF isnt the way to go. i dont knoiw what frye will be, but hes better than i originally thought and im not trading him. hes not a KG type but what he is is a superior 6-11 offensive player and there are only a few of those.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/13/2005  12:51 AM
we have a lot of holes. fixing one hole--SF but eliminating another--PF isnt the way to go. i dont knoiw what frye will be, but hes better than i originally thought and im not trading him. hes not a KG type but what he is is a superior 6-11 offensive player and there are only a few of those.

excellent point briggs, and I agree. Why does every lanky big man must be KG or Duncan, why can't frye just be frye? he will make a name for himself, that is most important to me..

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Mike Breen went out of his way to talk about the trade dealine

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy