[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

u guys dont like the team as it is now?
Author Thread
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
12/12/2005  4:55 PM
why do u guys even think about adding artest and trading away our rookies or ariza, i just dont think we should partake in this one at all. maybe wait for another time, if he can demand a trade now he can demand one later on another team. give this team some time guys.
Had enough Melo?
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/12/2005  5:03 PM
i like the team as it is now, but artest is one of the best SFs in the league and he is only 26. Ariza isnt really ready to start or get 20+minutes off the bench until he works on his jumper. QRich isnt really a SF, and hasnt impressed me at all. SF is our one position where we are really exposed. it just seems like the perfect acquisition to complement our roster.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/12/2005  5:08 PM
I like the team, but I like the team better with one of the best two-way players in the league.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
12/12/2005  5:12 PM
As long as we don't have to give up the kids - and we shouldn't for getting rid of Indiana's nightmare - he'd be a good add, and cheaper than KG.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
BRIGGS
Member: #303
12/12/2005  5:14 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:

As long as we don't have to give up the kids - and we shouldn't for getting rid of Indiana's nightmare - he'd be a good add, and cheaper than KG.

ill give up ariza lee and butler in 2 seconds to get artest. none of those guys will ever be artest even combined
RIP Crushalot😞
jaydh
Member: #96
12/12/2005  5:19 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by PhilinLA:

ill give up ariza lee and butler in 2 seconds to get artest. none of those guys will ever be artest even combined

i agree, throw in whatever picks and money to get it done, just leave our other youngins (Nate, Frye, Curry) out of it.
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
12/12/2005  5:21 PM
I like the roster just the way it is, but we aren't exactly setting the world on fire right now. I hate going through these lossess and I think we would be a lot more competitive with Artest lining up with Marbury, Frye and Curry.
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
PhilinLA
Member: #696
12/12/2005  5:26 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by PhilinLA:

I was talking about Frye/Curry/Nate, the ones who are already "pieces." I'd have trouble parting with Lee and or Butler but would.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/12/2005  6:14 PM
Are you kidding me? The knicks have everything but a small fwd. I personally think the knicks should have at least 5 more wins if it weren't for brown screwing with the line ups. Artest can get you 20 points and pitch in with every other aspect of the game. Plus the dude can lock down the other teams best player. Do you see what a guy like this can do for your club? He would make the knicks better just by suiting up.

I'm looking at a possible playoff series against clevland. Artest makes that series a war that the knicks can win.

If the knicks take back a bad contract and give up ariza and or lee and an expireing contract, how can you not make this trade?

I'd say Miami is the only team that can mess this up for the knicks. They can trade walker, posey, dorell, draft picks, etc.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
TemujinKnick
Member: #1022

12/12/2005  6:24 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Are you kidding me? The knicks have everything but a small fwd. I personally think the knicks should have at least 5 more wins if it weren't for brown screwing with the line ups. Artest can get you 20 points and pitch in with every other aspect of the game. Plus the dude can lock down the other teams best player. Do you see what a guy like this can do for your club? He would make the knicks better just by suiting up.

I'm looking at a possible playoff series against clevland. Artest makes that series a war that the knicks can win.

If the knicks take back a bad contract and give up ariza and or lee and an expireing contract, how can you not make this trade?

I'd say Miami is the only team that can mess this up for the knicks. They can trade walker, posey, dorell, draft picks, etc.

I'd make that trade instantly if that were what it took. Ariza, a draft pick, an expiring contract, and taking back Croshere. No problem at all. If they want Q in return for us taking back a second bad contract I'd do it. I'd like to hold on as much of our youth as possible, but a trade that comes down to Ariza and a pick for Artest (from our point of view - money aside) is a no brainer.
Ray15
Member: #668
12/12/2005  6:36 PM
Offer Ariza, Lee, and Q. If they don't want Q offer Ariza, Lee, Penny for Artest and a bad contract (maybe Bender and then let him retire when he gets here)

Under no cicumstances should we give up Fyre to get Artest. I would deal Crawford but then I would want to keep either Ariza or Lee.

The deals I would explore are (in this order)

1. Ariza, Lee, Q
2. Ariza, Lee, Penny for Artest and filler
3. Crawford and Ariza
4. Marbury for Artest, Tinsley, filler
Defense and Toughness
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

12/12/2005  6:59 PM
I love Artest, as most do, but this guys psyche worries me. Last year I'd have been more enthusiastic, but the more he speaks the less interested I am.

I used to think he was a little too emotional, sorta like Sheed of a few years ago, but Artest is missing some chunks upstairs. His aren't the problems that beg for a change of scenery or a new coach, his are the problems for shrinks and medications.

Yes, at some price he's worth a chance, but lets not look to this kid to save us; nor should we expect to be able to save him. He's a big impact guy in the short term, but a serious project for the long term.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
12/12/2005  8:28 PM
The team as it is now F@CUKING SUCKS!!!
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
rojasmas
Member: #639
12/12/2005  8:35 PM
How about something like Ariza, Crawford and Q for Artest and Scott Pollard? That would work and has some fairness to it. We take a risk on a headcase and they get some versatility.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
12/12/2005  9:30 PM
for some reason i just don't feel this move is necessary at this time. i actually believe we have the pieces. just need to put everything in motion.
Had enough Melo?
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/12/2005  9:56 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

b

RV, where have you been man?
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
12/12/2005  9:56 PM

[Edited by - rvhoss on 12-12-2005 9:57 PM]
all kool aid all the time.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
12/12/2005  10:06 PM
Mike Breen is a very knowledgable person. I agree with everything he just said about artest. frye should not be traded for artest. and if its necesary the forget artest.
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

12/12/2005  10:29 PM
Posted by SlimPack:

Mike Breen is a very knowledgable person. I agree with everything he just said about artest. frye should not be traded for artest. and if its necesary the forget artest.

Agreed. If Artest wasn't psycho I might feel otherwise, but...

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/12/2005  11:10 PM
Now that you mention it, I do like the team, somewhat. I like the Frye/Curry combo a lot. The rest, I think, could use work. I would like it if Nate could develop better passing skills. I like his heart. If he continues to develop, I would say that Nate/Frye/Curry is a staple to our rotation for years. At the 2, we can run Marbs, Craw or QRich. I am not blown away by any of them. Marbs can create shots for himself, but he doesn't really spread out the floor. (Note: I am thinking of him as a 2 guard from hereon). Craw and Q are also great off the dribble, but their shooting %s leave much to be desired. Nor do any of the three truly play good defense, allowing opposing SG's to run up the score. I would upgrade there. At the 3, well, there is Q (if not playing the 2), Ariza, Lee, Rose, or Woods. Honestly, if Woods gets his act together, he is my choice. He shows flashes of brilliance on the court. Ariza has no offense. He can only do put backs and open dunks. He air-balled an open look tonight. Malik is pathetic. Lee hasn't played enough to make a judgment, though I like what I see.
On the bench, I like Jackie Blue, and well, Mo T can play offense. I like Craw off the bench, kind of like an instant offense guy. But, with the resources we have (expiring contracts, etc... I think the right move is to get the most for Marbury, trade AD and Penny, and try and get guys who can complement Frye and Curry. I start to build around Frye rather than play Marbury's game. He is a terrible 2.
This is the Randle.
u guys dont like the team as it is now?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy