[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Not a Ringing Endorsement
Author Thread
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/12/2005  7:36 AM
Larry Brown yesterday on Marbury:

"Stephon has played all around as well as he’s ever played,” said Brown. “I just see steady improvement everywhere. I hope we can settle on some roles soon. Once getting healthy, that would be the next step.”

What? Not this "he's improving" crap again... Playing "all around" as well as he's ever played? That's not exactly saying much except he's guarding his man. Hope to settle on some roles soon and to get healthy? Nice way to change the subject Larry. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of your best player. Why doesn't Larry just come out and say something like "Steph is going to be great for us, Steph has really got our offense playing together, Steph is great for our young guys, Steph is...[something that indicates that he is what the Knicks want].

[Edited by - Knight on 12-12-2005 07:50 AM]
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/12/2005  7:49 AM
I take that quote as Steph is playing the way Larry wants him to play. You gotta remember, playing all around is the holy grail to Larry, I think this is actually quite a compliment to Steph, especially that it implies he is playing defense, which has always been his biggest knock.
~You can't run from who you are.~
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/12/2005  8:45 AM
I don't see why you guys insist on trying to look into ANYTHING Larry says to the media. He even said earlier in the year, something along the lines of, don't look too much into the things I say in the media. He said what he said and thats it.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
12/12/2005  9:27 AM
LB is old school. You never give a pupil a perfect mark, cuz you always want them striving for more. LB wants Steph to keep getting better, not feel that he's got it and to stop working to improve. There is so much more that he can be doing and now its up to LB to get the lineups and rotations right, so Steph and his teammates can really gel and play like a team. That should eventually help to cut down on the TO's. I can't see how anyone would not be happy with what Steph has done. Its not his fault when guys miss easy scoring opportunities. He always gets the blame, but really we should be scoring at a much higher clip than we are. This team misses so many open shots. We also give away more easy points off TO's than anyone.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/12/2005  9:35 AM
Posted by nixluva:

LB is old school. You never give a pupil a perfect mark, cuz you always want them striving for more. LB wants Steph to keep getting better, not feel that he's got it and to stop working to improve. There is so much more that he can be doing and now its up to LB to get the lineups and rotations right, so Steph and his teammates can really gel and play like a team. That should eventually help to cut down on the TO's. I can't see how anyone would not be happy with what Steph has done. Its not his fault when guys miss easy scoring opportunities. He always gets the blame, but really we should be scoring at a much higher clip than we are. This team misses so many open shots. We also give away more easy points off TO's than anyone.

CO-SIGN!!!
Not a Ringing Endorsement

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy