[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Turning the corner
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/11/2005  11:54 PM
Mark my words the knicks are turning the corner. Guys are finding their roles, LB is getting this rotation down, and we are about to start winning some games. That PHoenix game left me with a really good feeling about this knicks. Frye played his worst game as a pro and you just know that wont happen again. Curry was solid. Steph was great. Nate was great. Craw was invisible. and we lost by 5.

We are a half court team.
We know who are scorers are: Steph, Craw, Frye and Curry.
We are playing solid defense that will get better.

We are about to turn the corner. BELIEVE!!!!!!

Its gonna start with a win against Milwaukee. and it will continue from there.
AUTOADVERT
TemujinKnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1022

12/11/2005  11:59 PM
Even if it doesn't start with a win against Milwaukee, I totally agree.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/12/2005  12:01 AM
This team as it is now constructed won't be together long enough to turn the corner. There will be changes soon.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Killa4luv
USA
12/12/2005  12:03 AM
Posted by Knight:

This team as it is now constructed won't be together long enough to turn the corner. There will be changes soon.

Minor changes will happen if any.

The team as constructed will be dangerous once things are figured out, and I think some of those things have already fallen into place.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 12-12-2005 12:05 AM]
Knight
12/12/2005  12:04 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

Minor changes. The team as constructed will be dangerous once things are figured out, and I think some of those things have already fallen into place.

I think we'll be finding new starters at the 1 and 3 spots...that's not minor.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Killa4luv
USA
12/12/2005  12:05 AM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

Minor changes. The team as constructed will be dangerous once things are figured out, and I think some of those things have already fallen into place.

you think steph is being traded?
Knight
12/12/2005  12:05 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

you think steph is being traded?

Or moved to the 2.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/12/2005  12:06 AM
I think they're close. They just need to cut down on TOs, and learn how to finish out games.

[Edited by - Rich on 12-12-2005 12:06 AM]
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
It's a slow process. If it doesn't happen tomorrow or the next game or even 10 games from now, it'll happen this year. I hope it happens sooner rather then later this year but I realize LB's tactics and all that goes into playing for him take awhile to develop which is why I haven't been worried about anything thats gone on yet this year. The Knicks played a pretty good game against Phoenix, at this point its just how they build on those kinds of games and bring what they brought to that game to the next one.

The Clippers loss should serve as a very good learning tool for the main core players, they had it in their grips and and they lost the game by playing out of the system and trying to do much by yourself. Start the game with LB's system and finish the game with LB's system. This game against the Bucks is a good barometer to where this team is at. After 2 tough losses I'm really curious to see how this team shows up at home against a young, athletic, winning Bucks team. I'm really not concerned with wins/losses so much right now, as long as they play the game the right way for Larry becuase the wins will come once this team is more and more comfortable with LB.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Killa4luv
USA
That and a new 3 we probably only make us better. I really don't think hes gonna be moved to the 2 though. What makes you think that?
oohah
Member: #887
12/12/2005  12:07 AM
We're turning the corner, it's just a real loooong corner.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
Killa4luv
USA
12/12/2005  12:11 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:

It's a slow process. If it doesn't happen tomorrow or the next game or even 10 games from now, it'll happen this year. I hope it happens sooner rather then later this year but I realize LB's tactics and all that goes into playing for him take awhile to develop which is why I haven't been worried about anything thats gone on yet this year. The Knicks played a pretty good game against Phoenix, at this point its just how they build on those kinds of games and bring what they brought to that game to the next one.

The Clippers loss should serve as a very good learning tool for the main core players, they had it in their grips and and they lost the game by playing out of the system and trying to do much by yourself. Start the game with LB's system and finish the game with LB's system. This game against the Bucks is a good barometer to where this team is at. After 2 tough losses I'm really curious to see how this team shows up at home against a young, athletic, winning Bucks team. I'm really not concerned with wins/losses so much right now, as long as they play the game the right way for Larry becuase the wins will come once this team is more and more comfortable with LB.
I think Frye comes out like an animal after that performance in Arizona, and I think thats gonna be a huge factor for us.
Knight
12/12/2005  12:12 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

That and a new 3 we probably only make us better. I really don't think hes gonna be moved to the 2 though. What makes you think that?

I don't know, 6-13 maybe.
attaboy2005
Member: #992

12/12/2005  12:31 AM
Posted by Killa4luv:

Mark my words the knicks are turning the corner. Guys are finding their roles, LB is getting this rotation down, and we are about to start winning some games. That PHoenix game left me with a really good feeling about this knicks. Frye played his worst game as a pro and you just know that wont happen again. Curry was solid. Steph was great. Nate was great. Craw was invisible. and we lost by 5.

Also the corner being turned could led to a tunnel that has some light at the end of it and unfortunately that light is an oncoming train!.
Knight
12/12/2005  12:34 AM
Posted by attaboy2005:
Posted by Killa4luv:

Also the corner being turned could led to a tunnel that has some light at the end of it and unfortunately that light is an oncoming train!.

And tomorrow that train will be the Milwaukee Bucks.
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
12/12/2005  1:13 AM
Posted by Knight:

Does anyone know who the guy version of Debbie Downer was on SNL?
Knight
12/12/2005  1:24 AM
Posted by MinsHeartsReezy:
Posted by Knight:

Does anyone know who the guy version of Debbie Downer was on SNL?

The difference is that I always write my remarks with a on my face.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/12/2005  2:17 AM
ok, by that logic, CUrry could move to the 1, Craw to 3 or player _ to position _. I don't think the way teams usuallly react to bad starts is to play musical chairs w/ the positions that players are at.

Posted by Knight:
Posted by Killa4luv:

I don't know, 6-13 maybe.

simrud
Member: #474
USA
12/12/2005  3:59 AM
The only way we turn a corner is if we play the best players. So far we play random guys, start whoever if its their hometown, etc.

You just don't win if you are seriously considering bringin your best player of the bench (Marbury) just because you have 2 guards from a hometown.

Nate Robinson is being played way too much as it is.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Killa4luv
USA
12/12/2005  9:33 AM
^^^I agree, but last game he played the right guys for a long time and the wrong guys (Penny and Rose) saw little action, and AD saw none at all. Thats progress.
Turning the corner

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy