realistic trades that may happen dec 15 for the NYK
Author Thread
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
12/12/2005  12:11 AM
Posted by technomaster:
Posted by rojasmas:

I could see us getting Watson. Karl isn't using him much in Denver. He plays behind Earl Boykins and Miller.

BTW, how the heck did they convince Watson that Denver was the right place for him? There were so many more appetizing destinations for him to further his career...

apparently Andre Miller and Nene was supposed to be traded for Pierce this summer but Ainge pulled out, perhaps in anticipation of Artest becoming available...

Pierce Allen and a first for Artest and Tinsley would satisfy both teams needs.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/12/2005  12:26 AM
Posted by BasketballJones:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by BasketballJones:

[quote]Posted by jchi18:

Does anyone else get tired of reading Briggs's posts about trades that the knicks have to make or players that are so much better than current knicks?

The grass is always greener on the other side. We're always more interested in the players we don't have than the ones we do have.

The grass usually is greener on the other side of 6-13.

True, but more trades aren't always the answer.

Posting trades, criticizng players--thats what these message boards are all about. If it was all rah-rah, these boards wouldnt be here.

In all seriousness, although I feel the Ny Knicks are going in the right direction--and let's face it we have a real advantage monetarily over other clubs--for all the money spent, I still feel were are in a precarious position both short and LONG term. I personally DO NOT feel comfortable with a great deal of the roster going forward, I think we lack intelligence, fundamentals and toughness. We have some nice pieces--and for goodnes sake--for what 300++++ million spent in the last two years youd think wed have magic johnson here in hsi prime and we dont---but a point I was trying to make above with the bosh.curry thing--lets not FOOL ourselves. I for one, do not see this progressing into a championship caliber club in any way shape or form. If the plan is to hold tight and let it develop--add here and there--all this money spent is going out the window for a couple of first round playoff appearances--eventually. I look at the young dominanat type players in our conference and we dont have any of them. We do have guys who can develop more and they both have big potential--but how many people here would trad eboth for dwight howard--lebron james, chris bosh--I would because I know one great in the nBA usually trumps 2 very good.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/12/2005  12:33 AM
^Good points Briggs, there is going to be several roster changes before we ever see the conference finals but I think LB and Isiah can get us there.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
simrud
Member: #474
USA
12/12/2005  4:03 AM
Mabye people want trades cause the team sucks. Its only human, if it arent working, somebody must be blamed. We all do it.

Either way Watson would be great here. And Nate Robinosn is not ready to start. Or play as many minutes as he has been playing. He has a lot to learn about the pro game right now.

A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/12/2005  8:05 AM
god please no Watson
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
12/12/2005  8:55 AM
Posted by fishmike:

god please no Watson

LOL. I think the fact that he has that long deal and that he can play PG and defend probably=the match that larry brown desires
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/12/2005  9:15 AM
Briggs how much of Watson have you seen? I probably watched him 20+ times last year because my friend is a big Jason Williams/Memphis fan.

This guy isnt good. He's Charlie Ward without the good 3 pointer. Now if you want to tell me Ward was a good defender and the pg on several 50 win teams fine. If you watched the Knicks you knew better.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
tomverve
Member: #878
12/12/2005  10:15 AM
your wrong, earl Watson is good. I watched him 30+ times last year and he is good.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
BRIGGS
12/12/2005  10:19 AM
Posted by tomverve:

your wrong, earl Watson is good. I watched him 30+ times last year and he is good.

He's probably similar to a version of a younger eric snow. Nothing show stopping, nothing great, but he can play both ways. Hes not as big as eric snow, but hes more athletic. He's an NBA quality back up. I think IF I were the Nuggets Id prefer Jerome James over Rose, even with the extra $ although= to watson. I didnt say this is a thread of who do we really want, its more realistic of who we can get.
RIP Crushalot😞
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
12/12/2005  10:33 AM
Posting trades, criticizng players--thats what these message boards are all about. If it was all rah-rah, these boards wouldnt be here.

In all seriousness, although I feel the Ny Knicks are going in the right direction--and let's face it we have a real advantage monetarily over other clubs--for all the money spent, I still feel were are in a precarious position both short and LONG term. I personally DO NOT feel comfortable with a great deal of the roster going forward, I think we lack intelligence, fundamentals and toughness. We have some nice pieces--and for goodnes sake--for what 300++++ million spent in the last two years youd think wed have magic johnson here in hsi prime and we dont---but a point I was trying to make above with the bosh.curry thing--lets not FOOL ourselves. I for one, do not see this progressing into a championship caliber club in any way shape or form. If the plan is to hold tight and let it develop--add here and there--all this money spent is going out the window for a couple of first round playoff appearances--eventually. I look at the young dominanat type players in our conference and we dont have any of them. We do have guys who can develop more and they both have big potential--but how many people here would trad eboth for dwight howard--lebron james, chris bosh--I would because I know one great in the nBA usually trumps 2 very good.

I agree with much that you say. It's fine with me if people want to post trade ideas, crticize players, etc. I just expressed my opinion that, for some, another team's players will always seem better than the ones the Knicks have.

I don't watch as much basketball as some, and I don't know who all these players are so I'm not able to comment on their merits. I do feel strongly that the Knicks need to settle down with a core group of players at some point, and let some team chemistry develop. I think they have a lot more promising players now than they have had for some time. Are they the best? I don't think so, but maybe the roster is good enough, with some minor tweaking and some good coaching, to provide some entertaining basketball.

Are they ready to win a championship any time soon - probably not. How can the Knicks build a championship basketball team, given where they are now? Interesting question.

[Edited by - basketballjones on 12-12-2005 10:36 AM]
https:// It's not so hard.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/12/2005  11:09 AM
I wonder why Denver even signed Earl Watson to the money and years that they did. Were they expecting to move Miller and that back fired?

Watson is not a bum. He's definately a Charlie Ward/eric Snow type player.....his defense and toughness is excellent but his offense is more creative. He played really well in Memphis but split time with J-Will......as a Fantasy Basketball freak I know what Watson numbers Watson is capable of when he gets starters minutes. Watson was great when J-will went down due to injury last year.

But I think the small fwd spot is more of a bigger need right now than a point guard. Rotating Nate, Marbs and Craw are more than enough talent.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/12/2005  11:15 AM
watson has a long long contract...long contract.
he's not the answer persay but the only way you trade for him is to send them an equally bad contract and that's jerome james.

otherwise, no thanks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/12/2005  11:20 AM
If the Isiah gets ignorant and manages to trade Marbs for Artest or something like that then making a deal for Watson Makes sense.

Geez the Knicks need a small fwd that can score the ball badly.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
McK1
Member: #964
12/12/2005  12:00 PM
Larry Hughes is a name to watch out for on the availability list
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/12/2005  12:07 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I wonder why Denver even signed Earl Watson to the money and years that they did. Were they expecting to move Miller and that back fired?

Watson is not a bum. He's definately a Charlie Ward/eric Snow type player.....his defense and toughness is excellent but his offense is more creative. He played really well in Memphis but split time with J-Will......as a Fantasy Basketball freak I know what Watson numbers Watson is capable of when he gets starters minutes. Watson was great when J-will went down due to injury last year.

But I think the small fwd spot is more of a bigger need right now than a point guard. Rotating Nate, Marbs and Craw are more than enough talent.

There was a rumor that Boston and Denver were discussing a deal of Andre Miller and Nene for Paul Pierce all summer. Of course, that ended when Nene blew out his knee.

I agree with you that Watson is a nice piece, but not neccessarily the answer. But if acquiring Watson makes it somehow easier to get Artest, I'm all for it.
¿ △ ?
realistic trades that may happen dec 15 for the NYK

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy