[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

artest demands trade...wants ny
Author Thread
TemujinKnick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1022

12/11/2005  3:41 PM
How good do you think he will be when his contract is up? He said he'd come and sign here anyway. By that time most of our big contracts are off the books.
AUTOADVERT
TemujinKnick
Member: #1022

12/11/2005  3:50 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Artest plays his heart out on the court and does whatever's necessary to win. He may have mentioned getting paid but he also said he'd sacrifice his own stats and come off the bench if asked to.

Bonn, why does Artest want to leave Indiana?
WHAT? I maybe brilliant but I can't read his mind!

If you read the article you would have the answer.

Yes, but Artest's thoughts don't run in straight lines. He communicated more than one thought. He would like to get paid according to his talent, but he'd also be happy to simply be played in a way that maximizes his talent, or if he played off the bench behind a talent like LeBron he'd be happy too. He wants a trade to NY, but if that doesn't work out and he's traded to the west coast he'd just come and sign here when his contract is up. He sounds like he is sharing his thoughts, unorganized (or more like organized according to his own rythym), and trying to be accomodating at the same time. Everything he is saying is full of conditionals and qualifiers. He recognizes that his thoughts about all of this are not all that's involved, and mentions things like how immature he has been there, how his past is still holding him back there, and how great he thinks his coach is but how he doesn't like playing in the style his coach uses. His mind is out of step with most of the minds around him, for better AND worse.

I think Isiah could deal with him well. LB, who knows. But if he is serious about finding a good fit for him and continuing to work hard as a player, I don't doubt that it would have at least a chance of working out very well here.

Another option on the trades is that he gets traded somewhere else by Indiana, but later that team trades him to us. If he makes clear he isn't happy playing wherever it might be, we have contracts other teams want.

[Edited by - TemujinKnick on 12-11-2005 3:51 PM]
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/11/2005  3:55 PM
^You can't take everything Artest says at face value, you know the bottom line--Artest wants to be the "man" but he has the brain of an 8 year-old. You really think he would want to be a backup to Lebron? Right.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/11/2005  4:11 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Artest plays his heart out on the court and does whatever's necessary to win. He may have mentioned getting paid but he also said he'd sacrifice his own stats and come off the bench if asked to.

No, I'd have the answer to a different question: "What reason did Ron Artest give the media for wanting to leave Indiana?" The article doesn't answer your question. Only Ron knows the answer to your question.
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
12/11/2005  4:17 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bonn1997:

No, I'd have the answer to a different question: "What reason did Ron Artest give the media for wanting to leave Indiana?" The article doesn't answer your question. Only Ron knows the answer to your question.

didnt he say it was becuase he doesnt like carlisle's rigid offense, and that he wants to be more of a scorer?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/11/2005  4:19 PM
I know I'm late in the convo.

Artest is perfect for ny and he is definately the missing piece to the knicks actually winning something. Artest makes the players around him better. Channing, artest, curry, marbs, and craw. Wow.

Thing about it is Indiana is gonna need more than we can give and they would need a shooter and that means peja.

But sactown don't need artest cuz he doesn't fit there. Sactown needs to prepare for the future. I think they are pretty much hitting the wall after years of sucsess.

If these 3 teams can work something out that would be freakin awesome for basketball.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
12/11/2005  4:20 PM
Indy's gonna want a player who's good right now, not expiring contracts. I think most of the proposals including my previous one probably aren't what they're looking for. Maybe something like
Ron Artest and Eddie Gill for
Jamal Crawford, David Lee, and Nate Robinson
I'm not sure they'll get more for Ron than that. I don't think any team would give up an all-star for him with his baggage. Jamal's at least a good scorer without the head problems Ron has.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12-11-2005 4:20 PM]
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/11/2005  4:24 PM
This would be very interesting. I for one would definately down for bringing Artest in here as long as Curry and Frye were not involved in the trade. Can the Donnie Walsh actually send Artest to another Eastern Conference contender? I don't know, depends on what is really going on behind the scenese with this situation.

If a deal could be worked, the only players I would say are untouchable in my book are Curry and Frye though, everyone else is fair game. I would think a package of Q, Ariza and Lee would be something that the Pacers would look at. I don't see many other deals working cap-wise that actually benefits Indiana. I know Crosheres contract is a bit large but I think Carlisle likes him, he shoots a high % and next year is the last year of his contract so I don't think the Pacers in any hurry to trade it. We'll see what happens with this.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 12-11-2005 4:39 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
SlimPack
USA
12/11/2005  4:36 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Indy's gonna want a player who's good right now, not expiring contracts. I think most of the proposals including my previous one probably aren't what they're looking for. Maybe something like
Ron Artest and Eddie Gill for
Jamal Crawford, David Lee, and Nate Robinson
I'm not sure they'll get more for Ron than that. I don't think any team would give up an all-star for him with his baggage. Jamal's at least a good scorer without the head problems Ron has.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12-11-2005 4:20 PM]

thats true, but they may also be willing to trade artest in order to dump bender and croshere's contracts, thats something we can do
McK1
Member: #964
12/11/2005  4:47 PM
if any of you believe Larry Bird will trade Ron Artest to NY without requesting Channing Frye and 2 firsts plus AD's contract for any longterm money they might want to move comes back in the deal you are out of your @$%#$%%& minds.

They learned last season they can compete at a high level without Ron. With the drafting of Granger and acquisition of Jasikevicius, that team has more than enough talent and more than enough fortitude to now win without Ron. Bird can simply deactivate him until a deal that makes sense talent and asset wise comes along.

[Edited by - McK1 on 12-11-2005 4:47 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
SlimPack
USA
12/11/2005  5:10 PM
Posted by McK1:

if any of you believe Larry Bird will trade Ron Artest to NY without requesting Channing Frye and 2 firsts plus AD's contract for any longterm money they might want to move comes back in the deal you are out of your @$%#$%%& minds.

They learned last season they can compete at a high level without Ron. With the drafting of Granger and acquisition of Jasikevicius, that team has more than enough talent and more than enough fortitude to now win without Ron. Bird can simply deactivate him until a deal that makes sense talent and asset wise comes along.

if thats the case then screw him, we dont need artest that much.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
12/11/2005  5:16 PM
I think we should bring Artest here. There hasn't been enough roster-churn on the Knicks over the past few years. We should also send Marbury out because he's been here too long.

Ideally, no player would stay here more than a couple of years. The trades should be staggered so that people are coming and going in the middle of the season.

Otherwise, the team is in danger of developing some chemistry.
https:// It's not so hard.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/11/2005  5:22 PM
Personally, I would give up Frye to get Artest. That's how much of an impact a guy like that can have on your team (for good).

But Isiah won't, and that's what matters.

Just imagine it though --

Curry
Frye
Artest

That's a mother****in championship frontcourt if I've ever seen one.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/11/2005  5:52 PM
Something like Lee, Frye, Robinson, Rose and AD for Tinsely + Artest and a pick

We'd be thin at PF
Tinsely
Marbury
Artest
Butler
Curry

seems like a good lineup
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/11/2005  5:53 PM
But I'd really rather not give up channing so if we can include Craw instead, it'd be much better.
Bonn1997
USA
12/11/2005  6:04 PM
If Artest had his head on straight, I'd give up any Knick for him. But you don't know what you're getting with him. Someone on the Knicks msg board said that Artest is still sticking to his claim that he'd retire right away if he won a ring. I knew Artest said that a few years ago, but a couple of posters there said they heard him say in an interview yesterday. I wouldn't give up Steph, Frye, or Curry for that.
Bonn1997
USA
12/11/2005  6:06 PM
Posted by McK1:

No one is giving up that much for Artest. If that's their expectation, Indy's going to have to remain an unhappy distracted team with Ron.

Knight
Member: #968
12/11/2005  6:06 PM
The most I would give up for Artest would be Crawford and an Allure cd (still in the wrapping).
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
bobs3304
12/11/2005  6:47 PM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Something like Lee, Frye, Robinson, Rose and AD for Tinsely + Artest and a pick

Holy crap.

How many shroom teas did you have this morning with your pancakes?
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
bobs3304
12/11/2005  6:47 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

No one is giving up that much for Artest. If that's their expectation, Indy's going to have to remain an unhappy distracted team with Ron.

^ Yup.
artest demands trade...wants ny

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy