Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/11/2005  12:48 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by EwingsGlass:

Why is winning more important than enjoying the game?

Players are getting paid to win, not to have fun. Most of the time winning is the most fun anyway.

Point taken. I was going to say that players are paid to play, but in fact, some players are paid not to play when they can't help a team win. So, basically, we are in a position to benefit from Artest's selfish motivations. But we run the risk that the characteristics of RonRon that run in our favor currently, may turn against us as per RonRon's whimsy. I see it. But, I think RonRon is Latrell all over again. The role of Darkhorse remains to be filled on this team. RonRon would make Marbury's thug image look squeaky clean like Allan Houston. Unless KG is really available, I make a strong offer for Artest.
This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/11/2005  12:56 PM
Call me crazy, but do you guys REALLY REALLY want to make a strong bid for Ron Artest, who appears to still be a psycho and can blow up at any point? He is already saying all this stupid stuff, like saying he wants to improve to get PAID and not to win. Knight seems to be right about that. Do we really want to surround Curry and Frye with that? If Artest came, I would welcome him, but it seems like we should be exploring different avenues.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
12/11/2005  1:06 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Call me crazy, but do you guys REALLY REALLY want to make a strong bid for Ron Artest, who appears to still be a psycho and can blow up at any point? He is already saying all this stupid stuff, like saying he wants to improve to get PAID and not to win. Knight seems to be right about that. Do we really want to surround Curry and Frye with that? If Artest came, I would welcome him, but it seems like we should be exploring different avenues.

Like a mercenary, at least you know why he'd be here. But you are asking the right question. Knowing his motivations, do you subscribe to Artest's demands? I might be getting desperate like a girl without a date on Friday night. We might have to lower our standards. At least QWoods will have another headcase to playwith. I mean, why not sign Latrell and let them all run wild. Maybe Artest will tattoo his face, ala Mike Tyson, and threaten to eat other player's babies. Ah, the humanities. At least I would have a better reason to watch, that is, watch for RonRon's crazy stunts. Lately, all I have seen is 2nd half collapses.
This is the Randle.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/11/2005  1:11 PM
Artest plays his heart out on the court and does whatever's necessary to win. He may have mentioned getting paid but he also said he'd sacrifice his own stats and come off the bench if asked to.
Knight
Member: #968
12/11/2005  1:11 PM
If Artest isn't careful, he will end up exactly like Terrell Owens and out of the league, I swear those two were cut from the same cloth.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Knight
12/11/2005  1:13 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Artest plays his heart out on the court and does whatever's necessary to win. He may have mentioned getting paid but he also said he'd sacrifice his own stats and come off the bench if asked to.

Bonn, why does Artest want to leave Indiana?
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
12/11/2005  1:15 PM
Posted by joec32033:

AD, Ariza, and Q for Artest, Pollard, Anthony Johnson, and Bender (who is strictly a throw in because it looks like he is about to retire)

Curry
Frye
Artest
Robinson
Steph

[Edited by - joec32033 on 12-11-2005 07:29 AM]

i dont think the pacers are trying to give artest away for nothing.
Allanfan20
USA
12/11/2005  1:16 PM
Bonn, I can care less about his motivations, and you are 100% correct. As long as he plays his butt off on the court then that's fine. It's what very well could happen in the future that scares me. What if he gets in a fight with a player on the court. Any of this can happen with Artest and he basically has 2 strikes as it is. One more, and he's prolly gone. I don't know if I want to make a risk on a player like that, as well as surround the kids with that. We already have friggin' Qintel who'se enough of a nutjob. Like I said, as a basketball player, I would welcome him with a big smile and open arms, but I also look at the human being, and I see someone who can snap at any moment.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
jaydh
12/11/2005  1:18 PM
Posted by NotFrye:

Who, on the court, has had the bigger "me" issues, Marbury or Artest (disregard brawling and/or taking time off to release cds). In this instance, I'd say its pretty close, but Artest's talent overrides his character flaws. He would be OUR psychopath, and pretty much on par talentwise with steph for close to 13 million less per year.

since when does artest make 3mil/yr?? last i checked, marbs was making 16mil.
jaydh
12/11/2005  1:19 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by NotFrye:

Who, on the court, has had the bigger "me" issues, Marbury or Artest (disregard brawling and/or taking time off to release cds). In this instance, I'd say its pretty close, but Artest's talent overrides his character flaws. He would be OUR psychopath, and pretty much on par talentwise with steph for close to 13 million less per year.

Who cares who has bigger issues here, the fact is that Ron wants a trade not to win, but to show off his offense. Larry is about winning and so is Rick Carlisle--that a player would do this early in a winning season is beyond ridiculous.

how can you say artest is not about winning? he just wants a bigger role.
Knight
12/11/2005  1:21 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by NotFrye:

Who cares who has bigger issues here, the fact is that Ron wants a trade not to win, but to show off his offense. Larry is about winning and so is Rick Carlisle--that a player would do this early in a winning season is beyond ridiculous.

You mean averaging over 19pts a game this year isn't a big enough role on a winning team?

jaydh
12/11/2005  1:21 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

as long as it doesnt cost curry,frye,nate, or steph.. sure, why not.

jaydh
12/11/2005  1:22 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by NotFrye:

You mean averaging over 19pts a game this year isn't a big enough role on a winning team?

apparently not. he obviously feels like he's got more to show.
Allanfan20
USA
12/11/2005  1:24 PM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Allanfan20:

I'm pretty sure Indiana would want at least 1 or 2 of those guys. First off, Larry and Isiah hate eachother. If they did business together, they'd be trying to screw eachother. To be honest, I just don't see them even making a trade for that factor alone.
Knight
12/11/2005  1:27 PM
Artest averages TWO less shots per game than Jermaine O'Neal...saying that he's not being allowed to show his talent is a joke--all he wants is for the attention to be on him, he is a wack job.
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
12/11/2005  2:21 PM
You trade MArubry for Artest.. one new yorker for another!! differemce is, the one from queens plays better D..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
jaydh
12/11/2005  2:21 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Allanfan20:

I'm pretty sure Indiana would want at least 1 or 2 of those guys. First off, Larry and Isiah hate eachother. If they did business together, they'd be trying to screw eachother. To be honest, I just don't see them even making a trade for that factor alone.

i agree, i dont see a trade between larry&isiah happening either.
Bonn1997
USA
12/11/2005  2:25 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bonn1997:

WHAT? I maybe brilliant but I can't read his mind!
Bonn1997
USA
12/11/2005  2:26 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Bonn, I can care less about his motivations, and you are 100% correct. As long as he plays his butt off on the court then that's fine. It's what very well could happen in the future that scares me. What if he gets in a fight with a player on the court. Any of this can happen with Artest and he basically has 2 strikes as it is. One more, and he's prolly gone. I don't know if I want to make a risk on a player like that, as well as surround the kids with that. We already have friggin' Qintel who'se enough of a nutjob. Like I said, as a basketball player, I would welcome him with a big smile and open arms, but I also look at the human being, and I see someone who can snap at any moment.

All those factors are very important and are why you DON'T offer Steph, Frye, or Curry for Artest. Anyone else is a worthwhile gamble IMO.
Knight
12/11/2005  2:38 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Bonn1997:

WHAT? I maybe brilliant but I can't read his mind!

If you read the article you would have the answer.
artest demands trade...wants ny

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy