[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

artest demands trade...wants ny
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/11/2005  2:01 AM
It is probably that I am becoming disenamored with Marbs and his inability to make the players around him better. Logically, I should separate that from any thought of bringing Artest here. But, from Artest's comments, it seems as though he wants to be able to be the go to guy, which I am fine with, but Marbs and Artest would likely bump heads in that role. If I had to choose, I go with Artest.
This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/11/2005  2:12 AM
Posted by Bobby:

this is the kind of pandora's box you wanna release

that's a dope line...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
12/11/2005  2:30 AM
bumping head mentality is a lame excuse not to bring artest to ny with star, especially when you have larry brown at the helm.

brown + star + artest redefines new york pride

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
EwingsGlass
USA
12/11/2005  2:38 AM
Posted by Bobby:

bumping head mentality is a lame excuse not to bring artest to ny with star, especially when you have larry brown at the helm.

Well, I am still trying to figure out who is going to pass the ball. I don't like Marbs at the 2 because he is undersized. Offensively, he plays the 2 better than the point. The fact that he can beat just about anybody off the dribble doesn't account for other deficiencies in his game. Also, at the end of the game, I need a PG who can hit FT at a 90% clip. Marbs does not do this. Again, I am not sure what this had to do with Artest, except that if I can use Marbs in a 3 way trade to get Artest, I want to do that rather than give up anyone else on the squad.
This is the Randle.
Ira
Member: #91
12/11/2005  3:40 AM
Ron Artest is a psychiatrist's dream.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
12/11/2005  7:28 AM
AD, Ariza, and Q for Artest, Pollard, Anthony Johnson, and Bender (who is strictly a throw in because it looks like he is about to retire)

Curry
Frye
Artest
Robinson
Steph

[Edited by - joec32033 on 12-11-2005 07:29 AM]
~You can't run from who you are.~
JUNKMEIN
Member: #797
12/11/2005  8:12 AM
Heh heh, man I tell you...hope reigns eternal.

Bird will not deal with Isiah under any circumstances.

Artest has just pissed off Walsh, Bird, Carlisle and probably some of his teammates with how he's handled this. This in their minds is creating a public distraction for the team where there was none. Basically they stuck by this guy when they could have really treated him like meat. They'll see it as biting the hand that feeds you.

He'll get traded...but not to any place he wants to go likely....and definitely not Isiah and the Knicks (see TOR and VC)

Either way, keep puttting the positive out there guys. Maybe it can happen without gutting the team too much. Who knows.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/11/2005  8:25 AM
Posted by jaydh:
Posted by Bonn1997:

AD, Lee, and Ariza for Artest and Bender. That saves the Pacers about $60 mil after the luxury tax and gives them two nice young prospects.

i think they could get more for Artest.
You might be right but I'd give it a try. I'd consider throwing in Penny and taking back Croshere plus cap filler if they wanted to and/or throwing in Nate or Jackie. I wouldn't start out offering that much and I'd wait to see if I could get any better deals with other teams first. But if nothing better was available by the trade deadline, I'd do that.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12-11-2005 08:26 AM]
OngBok
Member: #894
Thailand
12/11/2005  8:56 AM
We will need a 3rd team !!! I already predicted this happening !!!

Author Thread
OngBok
Thailand
12-10-2005 1:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New York Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Spurs draft pick
Quentin Richardson
6-6 SG from DePaul
6.9 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 23.8 minutes
Trevor Ariza
6-8 SF from UCLA
4.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 19.5 minutes
Incoming
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
Eddie Gill
6-0 PG from Weber State
0.0 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.5 minutes
Change in team outlook: +7.6 ppg, -2.2 rpg, and -0.6 apg.

Sacramento Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
17.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
Incoming
Knicks draft pick via Spurs
2nd rd pick from Pacers
Quentin Richardson
6-6 SG from DePaul
6.9 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 23.8 minutes
Trevor Ariza
6-8 SF from UCLA
4.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 19.5 minutes
Change in team outlook: -5.6 ppg, +3.4 rpg, and +0.4 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
2nd rd pick to Sac
Ron Artest
6-7 SF from St. John's
19.4 ppg, 4.9 rpg, 2.2 apg in 37.8 minutes
Eddie Gill
6-0 PG from Weber State
0.0 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.5 minutes
Incoming
Peja Stojakovic
6-10 SF from Yugoslavia
17.4 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 37.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: -2.0 ppg, -1.2 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to New York, Sacramento, and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York, Sacramento, and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario. The Trade ID for this scenario is 2694118.

-------------------
Thai boxing is the best !!

And the reasons why !!

OngBok
Thailand
12-10-2005 1:59 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin, i would be glad too.....

INDIANA = There have been published reports that Bird is interested in Paja and they already have had discussions with Sac about aquiring him. Paja would open it up even more for O'neal in the post plus Indy would get rid of a "headach" in Artest who is a public relations nightmare for a midwestern town like Indy.

SACRAMENTO = There have been numerous reports that Paja wants out of Sac-town, Instead of losing him for nothing, they make the move and although Q & Trevor are not equal to Paja, aquiring 2 additional picks would help cushion the blow whick is really what Sac wants now is picks to help rebuild which is why Trevor is nice for them due to his age and affilation with Cali in general "home coming " so to speak. With the transition game that Sac plays, it would allow Q to go back to his productive ways he had in Phoenix and Trevor would be a highlight film and fan favorite.

KNICKS = Its ovbious why we do it. We need a defensive stopper, Artest is a head case but he is worth the risk, he is an LB type of player and i think that Zeke & LB could keep him focused and out of trouble.

SAC
C = MILLER
PF = SAR
SF = WELLS
SG = Q
PG = BIBBY

INDY
C = FOSTER
PF = O'NEAL
SF = PAJA
SG = JACKSON
PG = TINSLEY

KNICKS
C = CURRY
PF = FRYE
SF = ARTEST
SG = CRAW
PG = MARBS

It also opens up an extra roster spot for us because Gill would be cut immediately or keep him around for a 3rd pg spot

-------------------
Thai boxing is the best !!

Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
mrbean259
Member: #853
12/11/2005  10:19 AM
i think id offer up anyone on the team except for frye and curry...
NotFrye
Member: #935
12/11/2005  11:51 AM
Posted by Bobby:

I would like both star and ron ron here as well, but realistically, I don't see the pacers pulling the trigger on any homer trade proposals. Qrich as the centerpiece will not get it done, nor will including ariza or nate robinson. I would do Starbury for artest (3 yr 6 per, and we could resign him in 08) and croshere (expiring deal), and if we want to get unrealistic, a pick or granger. This would make us a better team flat out, and the pacers would be contenders for the title. Works for both teams, especially with the pacers' problem with (not having) dribble penetration. I can't see Bird not doing that deal.
Knight
Member: #968
12/11/2005  12:00 PM
Larry is trying to develop an unselfish team atmosphere and culture, why the **** would we want Artest at this point? He's a very talented player but the guy is an absolute idiot and not in the cute Jerome James way.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
NotFrye
12/11/2005  12:12 PM
Who, on the court, has had the bigger "me" issues, Marbury or Artest (disregard brawling and/or taking time off to release cds). In this instance, I'd say its pretty close, but Artest's talent overrides his character flaws. He would be OUR psychopath, and pretty much on par talentwise with steph for close to 13 million less per year.
Knight
12/11/2005  12:16 PM
Posted by NotFrye:

Who, on the court, has had the bigger "me" issues, Marbury or Artest (disregard brawling and/or taking time off to release cds). In this instance, I'd say its pretty close, but Artest's talent overrides his character flaws. He would be OUR psychopath, and pretty much on par talentwise with steph for close to 13 million less per year.

Who cares who has bigger issues here, the fact is that Ron wants a trade not to win, but to show off his offense. Larry is about winning and so is Rick Carlisle--that a player would do this early in a winning season is beyond ridiculous.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
NotFrye
12/11/2005  12:18 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by NotFrye:

Who cares who has bigger issues here, the fact is that Ron wants a trade not to win, but to show off his offense. Larry is about winning and so is Rick Carlisle--that a player would do this early in a winning season is beyond ridiculous.

Where did Artest say he didn't want to win? Sounds to me like he's unhappy in Indiana and wants a fresh start. Nothing in his play ON THE COURT suggests his play detracts from the team's capacity to win, nor should we expect he'd go into marbury rocket-into-lane mode, given that there isn't a precedent for it

[Edited by - notfrye on 12-11-2005 12:21 PM]
Knight
12/11/2005  12:20 PM
Posted by NotFrye:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by NotFrye:

Where did Artest say he didn't want to win?

He does want to win but his primary motivation at this point is getting his numbers so he can get a big contract. That is absolutely clear in the interview.
NotFrye
12/11/2005  12:24 PM
sorry you posted before I edited, but it seems to me that Ron Ron's primary motivation for pushing a trade is that he's either embarassed or generally unhappy in Indiana from his past, and wants a fresh start. He doesn't seem to be the type that would freelance in defiance of Coach's gameplan. He says a lot of crazy stuff, and this might be his way of justifying a trade .
EwingsGlass
USA
12/11/2005  12:25 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by NotFrye:

Why is winning more important than enjoying the game? Also, RonRon doesn't like Carlisle's control over the offense. What makes him think Brown will be more lenient? But Ron Artest is more talented, imo, than Marbs. And he is a greater physical presence on the court. And he plays defense. I can't imagine the Pacers wanting Marbs themselves. Not with Sarunas playing well and Tinsley, although oft injured, still on the squad.
This is the Randle.
Knight
12/11/2005  12:26 PM
"When I first got here, all I wanted to do was play defense. I never really cared about offense, but what I see is players like Kobe (Bryant), Tracy (McGrady), (Gilbert) Arenas and Jermaine (O'Neal) getting the opportunity to maximize their potential on the court and to get paid. I'm out of my character a little bit here.
"I don't think I'm going to maximize my opportunity just playing defense. I have to show I'm one of the premier players on offense on the wing. So when it's that time, there's no question what type of player I am."
Knight
12/11/2005  12:40 PM
Posted by EwingsGlass:

Why is winning more important than enjoying the game?

Players are getting paid to win, not to have fun. Most of the time winning is the most fun anyway.
artest demands trade...wants ny

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy