Game Redd: Young Bucks vs. Lame Ducks = Need Some Luck
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/12/2005  11:21 PM
I'm tired of the comparisons but heres my last 2 cents on the subject. Bogut and Frye are in completely different situations. Bogut is being asked by the Bucks to just be a PIECE this year becuase the team has all the right pieces already in place. They have Michael Redd and Bobby Simmons who can more then carry load offensively, they ask Bogut, Magloire and Ford to chip in when possible since their offense is designed to come from the guards. What is the difference here? Well for one, the Knicks are far away from having the dominate scoring threats the Bucks have. The Knicks have Marbury, who this year can't be relied onto score, same with Curry, same with Crawford. The Knicks rely on Frye's scoring, therefore, he gets more shots becuase of it. I think Bogut has a an extremely high awareness for everything that is going on, on the court. I saw someone say before that there is something about the way he moves around the court on defense and offense and I think thats true, he just has a ultra-high feel for the game of basketball. I think he's a much better rebounder then Frye is and I think he's a better post defender.

This isn't to say that Frye is a chopped-liver here, I mean we're comparing him to the guy that was picked #1 in the draft and Frye has shown at times that he too could have been a #1 pick, but if it were me picking, I would have done the same thing the Bucks did.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
12/12/2005  11:22 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by SlimPack:

its kidna hard to compare frye and bogut, the play different positions. I actually like frye better though, he seems to be a better scorer and not that worse of a rebounder than bogut, but bogut seems to have really high BB-IQ. that frye doesnt have. I guess its a good thing he isnt on larry browns team or hed get benched like lee

I am not buying that they play different positions. Bogut plays the 4 and Frye plays the 4. I am still waiting on this high BB IQ over Frye. I don't see it.

High IQ, Ok well lets see, frye was 7/7 shooting jumpers, and yet bogut didn't do anything to stop it, I mean nothing, didn't crowd him, pressure his shooting,nothing.. How frigging smart is that. Yet frye who noticed that bogut was either scared to come our or just couldn't guard him, kept shooting andhitting to the tune of 30 points, throw in some layup, jump hooks, with his left hand may I remind you and frye looks smarter by a long stretch.. How smart was it of bogut to let frye continue to shoot? huh?

Frye is a smart player. His strengthg is jumpshooting and Bogut can't guard him out there.

Watch the games, instead of just typing. Frye faced him up a couple of times and blocked him once. Frye look to take it to Bogut for whatever reason.

he turned faced did afake and shot a jumper. Whether its from 12 or 18 its still a jumper. what part about that eludes you?
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/12/2005  11:23 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Knight:

^Bogut has outperformed Frye this season, he has done more in crunch time to win games than Frye has by far.

LOL.....

You obviously don't follow the Bucks.

I guess the sportswriters who vote for rookie of the month don't follow the games the #1 pick plays in that much either! Either that or they do follow the rookies closely and correctly gave the award to Frye.

That's what gets me. It is the media who has stated this. I mean the way some people here speak you think I am pulling this stuff out of my ass. Try NBA.com and ESPN.com. I am sorry but I am not going to provide direct links these sites.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Pharzeone
12/12/2005  11:27 PM
Posted by Knight:

^Frye has the individual scoring stats, Bogut has the key buckets, rebounds, and wins.

Redd has the wins. Put Bogut on the Knicks and the guy better come off better than getting rebounds. Hell Lee gets rebounds but he can't even get off the bench. Playing with Redd is such a bonus for Bogut. Remind me of Smits and Miller with the Pacers. He maybe a better as a 2nd option while Frye will have to be a #1 option for his team. It is just one of those things. Dwight Howard is learning that too. I notice he is trying to force himself to be the 1st option by being more aggressive with ball demands. I mean if you want to start dissecting certain baskets then we can do that too. But don't give me this **** about wins.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/12/2005  11:32 PM
I'm happy about the Rookie Of Month that Frye won but lets be real, how much does that matter? Dwight Howard(#1 pick, Okafor took the award 3 times) never won one rookie of the month last year and I think we're all pretty much in agreement that Howard is a beast and a force to be reckoned with. You do what you are asked to do out on the court. Bogut isn't asked to score while Frye is. That's how I see it.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 12-12-2005 11:33 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/12/2005  11:33 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Knight:

^Frye has the individual scoring stats, Bogut has the key buckets, rebounds, and wins.

Redd has the wins. Put Bogut on the Knicks and the guy better come off better than getting rebounds. Hell Lee gets rebounds but he can't even get off the bench. Playing with Redd is such a bonus for Bogut. Remind me of Smits and Miller with the Pacers. He maybe a better as a 2nd option while Frye will have to be a #1 option for his team. It is just one of those things. Dwight Howard is learning that too. I notice he is trying to force himself to be the 1st option by being more aggressive with ball demands. I mean if you want to start dissecting certain baskets then we can do that too. But don't give me this **** about wins.

Maybe the Knicks could pull out a few games if they had a big who could actually pass and hustle defensively.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
McK1
12/12/2005  11:35 PM
yep thats what Brown eluded to in his post game interview in his brief rave about Kukoc along with NY not having an orchestrator like TJ Ford to consistently get the team in position and execute.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/12/2005  11:35 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by EnySpree:

Isles is not a racist. I met the guy at the season opener. Cool cat.

People take what is said in chat areas too seriously. Isles is has his opinion. He is a good addition to the board. Showing up to the season opener shows what type of guy he is.

That's my two cents since I'm no where near a television with msg on it.
He's a jackass who insulted me the first time he ever posted to me. It was when I had info the Curry trade would go through.

And that makes me a racist? You want to call me an a-hole for that, fine. You want to call me a jackass for that, fine. But calling me a racist is going too far.
That's not what makes you a racist, it's what makes you a jackass. What makes you seem like a racist is the posts you make in these game threads.

Like what?? Give me examples or be man enough to retract your comments and apologize.
Get your secretary to look up your posts, he or she can look into the Bulls gamethread for starters. As for an apology, those go to people who deserve them and people I have even the slightest increment of respect for. That is not the case with you.

p.s. I don't really think you have or ever will have a secretary.

There's a shocker, you're nothing but a gutless punk who calls people racist for no reason.

Ooooo, I guess I'm supposed to be offended by the secretary comment. Here's a clue, I don't need to prove myself to anybody much less a completely classless individual like yourself.
Need a tissue, *****?

What would be really impressive, stunningly so, in fact, would be if you were ever to realize that the way you are treated around here is the direct result of the abusive manner in which you treat others around here.

And for the record, I have never called you racist, though I do think you are one.

So there's your motive for calling me a racist. You're mad because I was apparently mean to you when I first replied to one of your posts and you're holding a grudge. Absolutely pathetic.
Two separate things. I mock you because you called me a name the first time you ever posted to me. That just made you a harmless jackass, wasting you when you pick on others is fun.

My concerns about your apparent racism have nothing to do with that, though. They are based on what you constantly post in regard to white and black players on game threads.

My dislike for you, is, therefore, two-fold.
[Edited by - PhilinLA on 12-12-2005 11:17 PM]

Like I said, you're just a classless punk who throws around a hurtful word like that for no reason other than to amuse yourself. Very sad and it's a shame that you'd have to expose yourself as such a person.

It is pretty funny that you're going to these lengths in some pathetic attempt at retribution for my calling you a name. I must have really gotten to you for you to sink to such depths. Let me be the first to apologize. I'm really sorry that you're such a mental midget that you can't take a little good natured razzing on an internet chat board and that you'd have to go to such extremes as to throw the word "racist" around the way you are. Rich, that apology goes to you as well.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Pharzeone
12/12/2005  11:36 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I'm tired of the comparisons but heres my last 2 cents on the subject. Bogut and Frye are in completely different situations. Bogut is being asked by the Bucks to just be a PIECE this year becuase the team has all the right pieces already in place. They have Michael Redd and Bobby Simmons who can more then carry load offensively, they ask Bogut, Magloire and Ford to chip in when possible since their offense is designed to come from the guards. What is the difference here? Well for one, the Knicks are far away from having the dominate scoring threats the Bucks have. The Knicks have Marbury, who this year can't be relied onto score, same with Curry, same with Crawford. The Knicks rely on Frye's scoring, therefore, he gets more shots becuase of it. I think Bogut has a an extremely high awareness for everything that is going on, on the court. I saw someone say before that there is something about the way he moves around the court on defense and offense and I think thats true, he just has a ultra-high feel for the game of basketball. I think he's a much better rebounder then Frye is and I think he's a better post defender.

This isn't to say that Frye is a chopped-liver here, I mean we're comparing him to the guy that was picked #1 in the draft and Frye has shown at times that he too could have been a #1 pick, but if it were me picking, I would have done the same thing the Bucks did.

Here is the problem with your theory. 1st Frye was never asked to be the scoring option, he took it upon himself to do so. Hell his coach tries to come up with reasons not to play him. 2nd I am comparing the 2 tonight. Frye was the better guy though the Bucks win. Frye had 3 guys on him including Bogut. As soon as I see that, then I can say a coach is now gameplanning against an individual. I don't see that yet from Bogut but maybe because Redd is the guy who gets double more. YOu would think that Bogut would be putting up huge numbers because of this but he doesn't. He actually passes up a lot of shots.
Pharzeone
12/12/2005  11:39 PM
Isles, why are you still going on about that stuff? I mean are you trying to pick arguements not related to BB. You were already defended by EnvySpree if that means anything.
Pharzeone
12/12/2005  11:42 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Knight:

Maybe the Knicks could pull out a few games if they had a big who could actually pass and hustle defensively.

I agree with that, or a SF that could knock down open shots. I don't want to pile on Q but he is one of the main reasons why this team is off to this start. He has missed some really open shots and some misses are not even hitting the rim. I did like his effort tonight. I think he was motivated. Woods looked like a good option until Redd abused him. Crawford's defense is none existent and Marbury just looks alot older.
McK1
12/12/2005  11:42 PM
Frye is shooting b/c Brown wants him to. Frye in an interview once talked about how Brown has to prod him to demand the ball and look for his shots more.

Bucks GM Larry Harris spoke after the Magloire trade and said 1 of the reasons for acquiring him is because they didn't want to put too much pressure on Bogut offensively this early in his career.

Both players are very good and both respond well to coaching and filling team needs.

Suggesting Bogut has to be a big time scorer at this point to prove his worth b/c he went no. 1 is the dumbest thing imagineable.

[Edited by - McK1 on 12-12-2005 11:43 PM]
Pharzeone
12/12/2005  11:49 PM
Posted by McK1:

Frye is shooting b/c Brown wants him to. Frye in an interview once talked about how Brown has to prod him to demand the ball and look for his shots more.

Bucks GM Larry Harris spoke after he Magloire trade and said 1 of the reasons for acquiring him is because they didn't want to put too much pressure on Bogut offensively this early in his career.

Both players are very good and both respond well to coaching and filling team needs.

Suggesting Bogut has to be a big time scorer at this point to prove his worth b/c he went no. 1 is the dumbest thing imagineable.

Not really. #1 picks have and will always be expected to outperform other rookies. YOu think that people are now going to change this for Bogut. Brown was criticized about this, Kandi man, Joe Smith. This will be the first rookie to get off like this. Hell even Yao produced offensively. That's like Billy Knight saying that they don't want Marvin Williams to do too much since he is so young. Yeah have to say it after watching Paul run your team out the arena.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/12/2005  11:50 PM
Listn, just go to realgm and go on the bucks board and ask them would they like a low post threat, or even a big man who can score anywhere onthe floor? and they will tell you yes, they got magloire because they thought he would be a offensvie threat in the post,if bogut was capable of this, he would be getting the ball, stotts is aware that he is not, I mean are the bucks that stupid to hold this great post player back, just so redd could shoot jumpers? Bogut is not a post player and really not an offensive player, and don't give me this hustle crap, gadzurich was clearly the best big man on the bucks tonight.. by far.... Frye punked bogut, posted him up, faced him and shot jumpers in his face, almost daring him to guard him out there, I mean what was frye supposed to do? not shoot jumpers to prove a point?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/12/2005  11:52 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:

Isles, why are you still going on about that stuff? I mean are you trying to pick arguements not related to BB. You were already defended by EnvySpree if that means anything.

Actually what EnySpree said meant a great deal to me. Not because he's defending me from a couple of classless individuals but because he's a good guy and I was glad to hear that I have his respect.

At this point I'm just going on to continue exposing this "person", and I use that term very lightly, as the pathetic person that he is.

Come on, after letting the initial shock of having someone call me a racist subside, why would I be offended by anything that these 2 peons say?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Knight
12/12/2005  11:56 PM
The great thing about Bogut is that he doesn't care what people outside the team expect of him--all he cares about is winning and helping his team in any way possible. He doesn't care that he was the number one pick, he just wants to win and keep getting better and he is.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
Yes, the game is his fault and to a more extreme degree, this loss was Allan Houstons fault. But it was nobody's fault more than Marbury.

Seriously though, Dan Gads kept Frye in check while he was guarding him. I was begging for Isiah to give this guy a look over the Summer, but he settled for whimpy James instead. Why?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
efw
Member: #1002

just watched the game.

I can't possible understand why anyone would say Bogut is better than Frye. Channing is clearly the better basketball player. It's just there in black-and-white (not to make a race issue out of this).
Knight
12/12/2005  11:58 PM
Posted by efw:

just watched the game.

I can't possible understand why anyone would say Bogut is better than Frye. Channing is clearly the better basketball player. It's just there in black-and-white (not to make a race issue out of this).

How good was Frye against Phoenix? Bogut is able to help the team even without scoring.
efw
Member: #1002

12/13/2005  12:01 AM
I saw nothing that Bogut did better than Frye tonight.

Frye was nervous in Phoenix and had one bad game. Shall I keep track of Bogut's bad games for you?
Topic LOCKED
Game Redd: Young Bucks vs. Lame Ducks = Need Some Luck

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy