Game Redd: Young Bucks vs. Lame Ducks = Need Some Luck
Author Thread
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/12/2005  11:04 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Knight:

^He's not getting any pass, he is playing really well for just turning 21 and adjusting to the pro game. He leads all rookies in rebounding, I think that's a good start.

Dude, he is 21 and Frye is only 22. Bogut has collegiate experience as well as international experience. Are you really kidding?

And both are doing well, what's your point?
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/12/2005  11:04 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:

frye hit left handed hooks, jumpers, and really abused bogut, How can anyone see anything positive from bogut tonight? if the tables were turned, frye would be crucified on this site..

th picks the ball movement the board work the Mourning-lite block on Frye's dunk attempt the way he steppped out and cut Steph off on the pick and rolls...and he just turned 21.

The guy bring more intangibles in his pinky than 99% of this entire roster.

This is about the dumbest post tonight and yes it is getting personal. Frye is only 22 and you can only point to his one block tonight when his man goes off for 30. He had to watch alot of the game from the bench because Frye kept him in trouble. I would expect the younger guy to have more gusto. The same with when he played the Lakers the other nite, Bogut had a lot to say about Kobe but when Kobe sought him out to posterize, he took it.

Boguts not going to fare well guarding pfs on the perimeter. How many points in the paint did NY's bigs have. They rarely were able to even establish good position.

you think the only deciding impact on a game is a good shooting night. bloody Steph-lovers...

bogut can't guard bigs in the paint and can't do it on the perimeter, what does this tell you about him then? he better get good at doing one or the other, or both!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
attaboy2005
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #992

12/12/2005  11:05 PM
Posted by McK1:

Frye shot jumpshots, just like when they met in college. Bogut is not going to fare well chasing Frye around the perimeter. Fryes jumper is deadly but at this point he looks like no more than a light skin Mark Blount.

How can you do these comparisons, Frye is working his butt off out there and seems to be the only one able to keep this team in a game, can Mark Blount do that?.

Come on give the kid a break, this team is falling into the abyss and Frye his the only one that is carrying this team, we should be singing praises for him, not demeaning him by making unfair comparisons to average players, Frye is the one constant on a very flawed team.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/12/2005  11:06 PM
Good night everybody....
Knicks_Fan
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/12/2005  11:08 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Knight:

^He's not getting any pass, he is playing really well for just turning 21 and adjusting to the pro game. He leads all rookies in rebounding, I think that's a good start.

Dude, he is 21 and Frye is only 22. Bogut has collegiate experience as well as international experience. Are you really kidding?

I expect Bogut to outperform Frye. He is the number one pick. You can't run from that. That was the thing that gets to Kwame. Alot of hype and responsibility comes with it. Think Kandi man and Joe Smith, those guys are pretty decent on the D but being the #1 pick you have more expectations. If he has this wonderful upside then he most indicate it.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
tkf
12/12/2005  11:09 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by SlimPack:

its kidna hard to compare frye and bogut, the play different positions. I actually like frye better though, he seems to be a better scorer and not that worse of a rebounder than bogut, but bogut seems to have really high BB-IQ. that frye doesnt have. I guess its a good thing he isnt on larry browns team or hed get benched like lee

I am not buying that they play different positions. Bogut plays the 4 and Frye plays the 4. I am still waiting on this high BB IQ over Frye. I don't see it.

High IQ, Ok well lets see, frye was 7/7 shooting jumpers, and yet bogut didn't do anything to stop it, I mean nothing, didn't crowd him, pressure his shooting,nothing.. How frigging smart is that. Yet frye who noticed that bogut was either scared to come our or just couldn't guard him, kept shooting andhitting to the tune of 30 points, throw in some layup, jump hooks, with his left hand may I remind you and frye looks smarter by a long stretch.. How smart was it of bogut to let frye continue to shoot? huh?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
McK1
Member: #964
12/12/2005  11:09 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by Knight:

I expect Bogut to outperform Frye. He is the number one pick. You can't run from that. That was the thing that gets to Kwame. Alot of hype and responsibility comes with it. Think Kandi man and Joe Smith, those guys are pretty decent on the D but being the #1 pick you have more expectations. If he has this wonderful upside then he most indicate it.

Bucks coaches don't complain about his efforts
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Pharzeone
12/12/2005  11:12 PM
Posted by tkf:

bogut can't guard bigs in the paint and can't do it on the perimeter, what does this tell you about him then? he better get good at doing one or the other, or both!!

[/quote]

In the games that I watch Bogut has much more success against players smaller than him but has trouble with players equal his size or strength. The Wallace boys give him trouble. I will say this he has good boxing out skills. I like that about his game. I want to see him shoot more and spin more in the post. That's why I don't get this well-rounded stuff.

Knight
12/12/2005  11:13 PM
^Bogut has outperformed Frye this season, he has done more in crunch time to win games than Frye has by far.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
tkf
12/12/2005  11:14 PM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by SlimPack:

pharezone does have a point though, bogut is the number 1 pick, there really shouldnt be a comparison between him and the number 8 pick. but then again number 1 picks arent what they used be, just look at kwame brown.

Right, Bogut is getting a pass here because the Bucks are winning and they have Redd. If Redd goes down, you would expect Bogut's game to change. I watch Bucks (thank you NBA League Pass) and I like the fact that he is going hard on the defense but I also notice that when he plays against more physical players he doesn't look to get involve. Some people call that smart BB, I call it wimping out.

yea, and thanks to the league pass, I just saw the hornets beat the suns for their second straight loss, I guess if the suns had knicks fans, It would be panic in the streets.. anyway I see the bucks games also,bogut has no go to move at all and that is what is impressive about frye, he has two things he can do to get him points, a jumper and a jump hook, for a 22 year old guy to have a go to shot is amazing.. Gadzurich was more impressive than bogut tonight.... IMO.

PhilinLA
Member: #696
12/12/2005  11:15 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by EnySpree:

Isles is not a racist. I met the guy at the season opener. Cool cat.

People take what is said in chat areas too seriously. Isles is has his opinion. He is a good addition to the board. Showing up to the season opener shows what type of guy he is.

That's my two cents since I'm no where near a television with msg on it.
He's a jackass who insulted me the first time he ever posted to me. It was when I had info the Curry trade would go through.

And that makes me a racist? You want to call me an a-hole for that, fine. You want to call me a jackass for that, fine. But calling me a racist is going too far.
That's not what makes you a racist, it's what makes you a jackass. What makes you seem like a racist is the posts you make in these game threads.

Like what?? Give me examples or be man enough to retract your comments and apologize.
Get your secretary to look up your posts, he or she can look into the Bulls gamethread for starters. As for an apology, those go to people who deserve them and people I have even the slightest increment of respect for. That is not the case with you.

p.s. I don't really think you have or ever will have a secretary.

There's a shocker, you're nothing but a gutless punk who calls people racist for no reason.

Ooooo, I guess I'm supposed to be offended by the secretary comment. Here's a clue, I don't need to prove myself to anybody much less a completely classless individual like yourself.
Need a tissue, *****?

What would be really impressive, stunningly so, in fact, would be if you were ever to realize that the way you are treated around here is the direct result of the abusive manner in which you treat others around here.

And for the record, I have never called you racist, though I do think you are one.

So there's your motive for calling me a racist. You're mad because I was apparently mean to you when I first replied to one of your posts and you're holding a grudge. Absolutely pathetic.
Two separate things. I mock you because you called me a name the first time you ever posted to me. That just made you a harmless jackass, wasting you when you pick on others is fun.

My concerns about your apparent racism have nothing to do with that, though. They are based on what you constantly post in regard to white and black players on game threads.

My dislike for you, is, therefore, two-fold.

[Edited by - PhilinLA on 12-12-2005 11:17 PM]
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
tkf
12/12/2005  11:16 PM
Posted by Knight:

^Bogut has outperformed Frye this season, he has done more in crunch time to win games than Frye has by far.

LOL.....
Pharzeone
12/12/2005  11:16 PM
^Are you talking about the block? Holy ****, Frye is the main reason that the Knicks are in some of these games. Brown has to get Frye to try and save his ass. Give it up on this one. Maybe Bogut will have a better second half or rest of his career but on this one Bogut has to do more. Chris Paul is the best rookie by far and Frye is the 2nd. NOt even a contest at this point but hey don't take my word, just visit NBA.com, and ESPN.COM. Unbias opinions on rookies. Enough said.
Knight
12/12/2005  11:17 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Knight:

LOL.....

You obviously don't follow the Bucks.
McK1
Member: #964
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by SlimPack:

its kidna hard to compare frye and bogut, the play different positions. I actually like frye better though, he seems to be a better scorer and not that worse of a rebounder than bogut, but bogut seems to have really high BB-IQ. that frye doesnt have. I guess its a good thing he isnt on larry browns team or hed get benched like lee

I am not buying that they play different positions. Bogut plays the 4 and Frye plays the 4. I am still waiting on this high BB IQ over Frye. I don't see it.

High IQ, Ok well lets see, frye was 7/7 shooting jumpers, and yet bogut didn't do anything to stop it, I mean nothing, didn't crowd him, pressure his shooting,nothing.. How frigging smart is that. Yet frye who noticed that bogut was either scared to come our or just couldn't guard him, kept shooting andhitting to the tune of 30 points, throw in some layup, jump hooks, with his left hand may I remind you and frye looks smarter by a long stretch.. How smart was it of bogut to let frye continue to shoot? huh?

Frye is a smart player. His strengthg is jumpshooting and Bogut can't guard him out there.

btw pharzeone

the Wallace boyz give everybody trouble. Pistons are favored to return in large part because of thiose 2.

[Edited by - McK1 on 12-12-2005 11:20 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by PhilinLA:
Posted by EnySpree:

Isles is not a racist. I met the guy at the season opener. Cool cat.

People take what is said in chat areas too seriously. Isles is has his opinion. He is a good addition to the board. Showing up to the season opener shows what type of guy he is.

That's my two cents since I'm no where near a television with msg on it.
He's a jackass who insulted me the first time he ever posted to me. It was when I had info the Curry trade would go through.

And that makes me a racist? You want to call me an a-hole for that, fine. You want to call me a jackass for that, fine. But calling me a racist is going too far.
That's not what makes you a racist, it's what makes you a jackass. What makes you seem like a racist is the posts you make in these game threads.

Like what?? Give me examples or be man enough to retract your comments and apologize.
Get your secretary to look up your posts, he or she can look into the Bulls gamethread for starters. As for an apology, those go to people who deserve them and people I have even the slightest increment of respect for. That is not the case with you.

p.s. I don't really think you have or ever will have a secretary.

There's a shocker, you're nothing but a gutless punk who calls people racist for no reason.

Ooooo, I guess I'm supposed to be offended by the secretary comment. Here's a clue, I don't need to prove myself to anybody much less a completely classless individual like yourself.
Need a tissue, *****?

What would be really impressive, stunningly so, in fact, would be if you were ever to realize that the way you are treated around here is the direct result of the abusive manner in which you treat others around here.

And for the record, I have never called you racist, though I do think you are one.

So there's your motive for calling me a racist. You're mad because I was apparently mean to you when I first replied to one of your posts and you're holding a grudge. Absolutely pathetic.
Two separate things. I mock you because you called me a name the first time you ever posted to me. That just made you a harmless jackass, wasting you when you pick on others is fun.

My concerns about your apparent racism have nothing to do with that, though. They are based on what you constantly post in regard to white and black players on game threads.

My dislike for you, is, therefore, two-fold.

[Edited by - PhilinLA on 12-12-2005 11:17 PM]

All these quote boxes are pretty cool!
Pharzeone
12/12/2005  11:19 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by SlimPack:

Frye is a smart player. His strengthg is jumpshooting and Bogut can't guard him out there.

Watch the games, instead of just typing. Frye faced him up a couple of times and blocked him once. Frye look to take it to Bogut for whatever reason.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
12/12/2005  11:19 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by Knight:

LOL.....

You obviously don't follow the Bucks.

I guess the sportswriters who vote for rookie of the month don't follow the games the #1 pick plays in that much either! Either that or they do follow the rookies closely and correctly gave the award to Frye.
tkf
12/12/2005  11:20 PM
on a side note, the jazz are about to beat the pistons, night of upsets, the suns, mavs lose to the lakers at home and now the pistons....
Knight
12/12/2005  11:20 PM
^Frye has the individual scoring stats, Bogut has the key buckets, rebounds, and wins.
Game Redd: Young Bucks vs. Lame Ducks = Need Some Luck

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy