Author Thread
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/10/2005  11:59 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

There's no reason to hate the Suns. They're doing much better than I expected and Nash is a better *fit* for that team than Marbury was. Marbury fits well on half-court teams, not on teams that run as much as the Suns do.

And the fact that they're doing this without Amare? Weren't you one of the people who suggested that Nash would be exposed without Amare? You know, the way you always used Amare's absense for a couple of weeks as an excuse for Marbury.
I don't know; maybe you can check all your bookmarked threads. LIKE I SAID, they're doing much better than I expected.

Wow, Fish must have really stung you with that one if you have to steal his material.

Typical response though. I knew you'd have no interest in actually answering it.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
12/10/2005  12:06 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I still don't understand the Marbury and Nash comparison driving this thread. Nash is the MVP and the best PG in the league right now; he's a better PG than Marbury. It's not like we gave up Nash to get Marbury. Why is Nash at all relevant to the Knicks?

Yeah I guess if I were you I'd just ignore all the excuses you made for Marbury that Nash has been able to navigate around so far.

I love when you play stupid like you've never discussed Nash on this board in comparison to Marbury. You are playing, right?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
islesfan
12/10/2005  12:08 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I still don't understand the Marbury and Nash comparison driving this thread. Nash is the MVP and the best PG in the league right now; he's a better PG than Marbury. It's not like we gave up Nash to get Marbury. Why is Nash at all relevant to the Knicks?

And weren't you the one that killed the Suns for trading away Marbury while replacing him with Nash? I believe you said something to the extent that the Suns owners were killing the franchise and the fans shouldn't stand for it.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/10/2005  12:09 PM
i don't think we can "blame" steph for the loss last night at all. i think he did everything lb asked him to do last night. he was pretty much dumping it into the post and he was taking jumpers early b/c he was hitting them. he didn't really just put his head down and drowned out the team to get his. and he made a concerted effort to get it into the post almost to a fault.

but that doesn't mean steph is the long-term answer for us at the point (which i don't think he is). but i don't think criticizing steph in THIS GAME is warranted.

13 of 19 on the road and we're 6-13. kind of makes sense, no?

we kind of have to start winning sooner than later b/c there is alot riding on it so hopefully this homestand helps.
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
12/10/2005  12:11 PM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

Slim, let's take salary out of the picture once and for all. It isn't relevant at all, but just is used as rhetoric. 2nd what did we give up for Marbury? Lampe? expiring contracts? a broken Dice? Not exactly a high price. We weren't gonna get a KG or Duncan or Kobe for expiring contracts and a couple of draft picks. I still think it was a great trade.

well the reason why I keep mentioning it is becuase, it limits the knick's options, if marbury doesnt work out, or a better deal becomes available, the knicks may not be able to trade marbury becuase of his atrocious contract if the wanted to. which lends to the theory that it was a bad trade.

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-10-2005 12:12 PM]
islesfan
12/10/2005  12:12 PM
Posted by tkf:

This is a useless thread, who gives a damn about nash and the suns, they are never winning a championship with that team, so in the long run, they are in the same boat and no better...

Yeah and if the Suns had the 3rd worst record at this point instead of the 3rd best, how many posts would there be exclaiming that Marbury should be vindicated since Nash couldn't succeed without Amare the way people use that as an excuse for Marbury's Suns when Amare went down for a few weeks? If you want some idea we could always pull up the threads from October when Amare went down.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/10/2005  12:14 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

There's no reason to hate the Suns. They're doing much better than I expected and Nash is a better *fit* for that team than Marbury was. Marbury fits well on half-court teams, not on teams that run as much as the Suns do.

And the fact that they're doing this without Amare? Weren't you one of the people who suggested that Nash would be exposed without Amare? You know, the way you always used Amare's absense for a couple of weeks as an excuse for Marbury.
I don't know; maybe you can check all your bookmarked threads. LIKE I SAID, they're doing much better than I expected.

Wow, Fish must have really stung you with that one if you have to steal his material.

Typical response though. I knew you'd have no interest in actually answering it.
Yeah, it stung so bad I was up all night crying! I thought once in a blue moon I'd take a lesson from Fish on how to change the topic when the topic seems pointless to me. I learned from the best!
SlimPack
USA
12/10/2005  12:15 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i don't think we can "blame" steph for the loss last night at all. i think he did everything lb asked him to do last night. he was pretty much dumping it into the post and he was taking jumpers early b/c he was hitting them. he didn't really just put his head down and drowned out the team to get his. and he made a concerted effort to get it into the post almost to a fault.

but that doesn't mean steph is the long-term answer for us at the point (which i don't think he is). but i don't think criticizing steph in THIS GAME is warranted.

we kind of have to start winning sooner than later b/c there is alot riding on it so hopefully this homestand helps.

I actually loved the way steph played in this game. In fact, one of the reasons why I think we lost is becuase the knicks tried too hard to get the ball into curry/frye/taylor in the low post instead of letting marbury score. when the knicks offense gets a san antonio like balance of inside play and guard play then I think we'll be one heck of team

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-10-2005 12:16 PM]
McK1
Member: #964
12/10/2005  12:18 PM
problem is we don't have San Antonio's big men nor do we have San Antonio's guards or San Antonio's bench.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

12/10/2005  12:18 PM
i think I can relate to where islesfan is coming from. It's not really about Nash or Marbury, it's about message board dynamics, and how certain homeristic fans feel no need to be analytical or realistic in their assessments; just find a way to justify the notion that everything we do is right, and will work out, and piss on every other team who haven't won a championship, and piss on any poster who voices reservations, concerns or discontent.

If we go on a winning spree everyone knows we'll see all sorts of threads calling out the "haters". Where is so and so now that we're winning; lets hear them blame this or that, or credit this or that; they're probably watching the Nets; Marbury proving everybody wrong like i said he would; yadda, yadda, yadda.

But if a hater similarly points out where the homers erred in their enthusiasm for our guys, or pessimism of others, he's still a bad guy and still "wrong".

Now I'm not saying anything has definitively been proven one way or the other, but I think it's fair to assume if our records were switched with the Suns, we'd be hearing a lot from Marbury supporters about who's a great PG and who isn't.

In this world greater credibility is granted to homers who are wrong, than skeptics who are right.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/10/2005  12:19 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by tkf:

This is a useless thread, who gives a damn about nash and the suns, they are never winning a championship with that team, so in the long run, they are in the same boat and no better...

Yeah and if the Suns had the 3rd worst record at this point instead of the 3rd best, how many posts would there be exclaiming that Marbury should be vindicated since Nash couldn't succeed without Amare the way people use that as an excuse for Marbury's Suns when Amare went down for a few weeks? If you want some idea we could always pull up the threads from October when Amare went down.

who cares about marbury's vindication, we are knicks fans, not marbury fans....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
12/10/2005  12:19 PM
really isle, wouldn't it just be easier to go root for another team? I mean why bother?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
islesfan
12/10/2005  12:20 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

I never criticized Marbury for THIS GAME. I've criticized the Marbury trade for putting us in this position, especially if he isn't the long term answer for us at PG. If that's the case then what was the point of the trade in the first place? For some street cred? That's moronic and shows zero foresight. How can a GM be that shortsighted at that great of a cost to the organization?
SlimPack
USA
12/10/2005  12:24 PM
Posted by McK1:

problem is we don't have San Antonio's big men nor do we have San Antonio's guards or San Antonio's bench.

I know that. my point was that the knicks should strive to have their source of points on offense come from a mixture of low post play, and guard play similar to how san antonio does, not that we be exactly like them talent-wise. you dont have to be tim duncan to pass out of a double team instead of forcing the issue and turning it over, and similarly you dont have to be tony parker to cut to the basket after dumping the ball in the post, instead of standing around, and look to both score, and get the ball to your big man on offense.

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-10-2005 12:28 PM]
islesfan
12/10/2005  12:27 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

Yeah, it stung so bad I was up all night crying! I thought once in a blue moon I'd take a lesson from Fish on how to change the topic when the topic seems pointless to me. I learned from the best!

I don't know about up all night crying but it obviously hit home. Must have been an awful lot of truth to it.

Of course it's pointless to you, it's calling you out on things you've said in the past so according to you it's in your best interest to change the topic now.

You change the topic every once in a blue moon the way you only post on this board every once in a blue moon.
djsunyc
12/10/2005  12:29 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by djsunyc:

I never criticized Marbury for THIS GAME. I've criticized the Marbury trade for putting us in this position, especially if he isn't the long term answer for us at PG. If that's the case then what was the point of the trade in the first place? For some street cred? That's moronic and shows zero foresight. How can a GM be that shortsighted at that great of a cost to the organization?

hey, i'm in your boat concerning steph BUT i think a major flaw in the deal was isiah banking on h20 being healthy and h20 and steph would've been a great fit. yes, we gave up alot for him and i just wish isiah would admit that based on our situation now, the steph deal hasn't worked out as hoped and is ready to turn the page. i still think we're going to move him, probably in a draft night deal to get some picks.
McK1
Member: #964
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by McK1:

I know that. my point was that the knicks should strive to have their source of points on offense come from a mixture of low post play, and guard play similar to how san antonio does, not that we be exactly like them talent-wise. you dont have to be tim duncan to pass out of a double team instead of forcing the issue and turning it over, and ysimilarly ou dont have to be tony parker to cut to the basket after dumping the ball in the post, instead of standing around, and look to both score, and get the ball to your big man on offense.

in theory you do because the IQ and instinct has to be there to recognize when and where the double is coming from as a big man, where the seam is to cut and create a passing angle as a guard, and when to deliver the pass as a big man.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
islesfan
Posted by BlueSeats:

i think I can relate to where islesfan is coming from. It's not really about Nash or Marbury, it's about message board dynamics, and how certain homeristic fans feel no need to be analytical or realistic in their assessments; just find a way to justify the notion that everything we do is right, and will work out, and piss on every other team who haven't won a championship, and piss on any poster who voices reservations, concerns or discontent.

If we go on a winning spree everyone knows we'll see all sorts of threads calling out the "haters". Where is so and so now that we're winning; lets hear them blame this or that, or credit this or that; they're probably watching the Nets; Marbury proving everybody wrong like i said he would; yadda, yadda, yadda.

But if a hater similarly points out where the homers erred in their enthusiasm for our guys, or pessimism of others, he's still a bad guy and still "wrong".

Now I'm not saying anything has definitively been proven one way or the other, but I think it's fair to assume if our records were switched with the Suns, we'd be hearing a lot from Marbury supporters about who's a great PG and who isn't.

In this world greater credibility is granted to homers who are wrong, than skeptics who are right.

Excellent post. I couldn't agree more.
tkf
12/10/2005  12:30 PM
Posted by BlueSeats:

Blue seats, I see your point, but I don't understand where isle is comming from. We are knicks fans. that is short for "fanatics" so when you come to a knicks board, a Miami heat board, a Dallas mavericks board, you are generally going to get the vibe that may "seem" homeristic, I mean should we have no hope, be down on the team all the time, I mean heck go to the hawks board, they even have hope that things will get better. I don't think there is one person on this board who dismisses anything negative, we just don't harp on the negative like isle does, he is almost what you call the anti-fan. they will complain about about marbury, get rid of marbs we still lose and now it is all Isiahs fault. they will complain about not having youth, go out draft 3 young guys, build your team with 9 guys 25 years and younger and if we struggle, then it is still marbury's fault, nash is better, our young guys will never get better and damnit if you don't agree you are a "homer". You see it is this negative vibe that they feed off, and if you feel different, which most "fans" will because they support their teams, then you are a homer. Listen we all look for the bright side but that doesn't mean we are not aware of the negatives.. I mean let me ask you, If a person came down with a serious disease, that was life threatening, is he not being realistic by just focusing on the positives and trying to get better? I am sure he would be well aware that he could lose his life to such a disease, but is it healthy to dwell on it? like islefan does?

For the first time in years, we have a team with a bunch of promising young players and a HOF coach, we have a lot of money comming off the cap over the next two years, we have a buzz at the garden, and all I hear about are how much homers we are or that nash doesn't need excuses, I mean got damn, take that somewhere else. it is like telling the person who won the 300 million dollar lottery, "yea but you still have to play 150 mil in taxes..haha", who gives a shyt. We are comming up, and going in the right direction..

you feel me blue? I know you do...
djsunyc
12/10/2005  12:34 PM
Posted by BlueSeats:

well that's it in a nutshell. alot of people want to be right and they want others to agree with them. all of us are guilty of it, just have different viewpoints.
I guess Nash doesn't need the excuses like Marbury does

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy