[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I guess Nash doesn't need the excuses like Marbury does
Author Thread
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
12/10/2005  10:26 AM
Posted by efw:

I still don't think that The sun's system is a good playoff system. They were struggling big time in the first half when we played good defense on them and dictated a half-court game. It's going to be even worse when good teams do that to them.

Amare Stoudamire.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
AUTOADVERT
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
12/10/2005  10:26 AM
actually if nash was here he'd probably play better defense, becuase marbury didnt play d until brown became his coach either, and the knicks would be a much better team, cuase nash is way more talented than marbury, but there's no point in worrying about what could have been.

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-10-2005 10:32 AM]
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/10/2005  10:27 AM
Posted by eViL:

You guys are too much. Even without Amare, Nash has a legit all-star in Marion to play with. When Nash played with Dallas he had a legit all-star in Dirk Nowitzki to play with.

How many all-star teammates (besides KG) has Stephon had in his career? And I'm not asking how many guys went on to become all-stars, I'm asking how many guys were playing at all-star levels with Marbury at the same time?

I'm not a Starbury-lover, but you guys make him out to be the reason we lose every game. Let go of the personal vendettas.

Marbury played with Marion when he was a 20-10 player, so how can Nash playing with Marion be an excuse???

Come on, where are all of you who predicted that the Suns would tank without Amare and that Nash would be exposed as just another point guard. Man up. The Suns currently have the 3rd best record in the NBA, give Nash some credit at least.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
islesfan
12/10/2005  10:28 AM
Posted by Ira:

The Knicks played a very good team tight in their own court. That's not too bad.

Oh joy, moral victories. When the Bulls are using our lottery pick, I'm sure all Knicks fans will take comfort in the moral victories.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
SlimPack
USA
12/10/2005  10:32 AM
Posted by islesfan:

What were some of you saying when Amare went down? After a rough start Nash has his team at 13-5 and nobody is using losing Amare, JJ or Q as an excuse. If anything, what Nash is doing this season is more impressive than what he did last season as the MVP. The way he's integrated a bunch of new players and how he's made the role players around him better is quite an accomplishment thus far.

Of course in the world of underachievement and excuses that is the NY Knicks, the fact that they lost Crawford for a couple of weeks last season was reason enough to explain away a 33 win season. And now there are more excuses as to why this team is struggling than there are Knicks wins. Absolutely pathetic.

BTW, KT is averaging 14 rebs in the last 7 games. I guess he does have a little left in the tank.

the reason marbury needs exuses and nash doesnt is becuase marbury isnt nearly as good as people think he is. but, regardless of that, I like the direction this team is going in alot. for the 1st time this season I'm starting to become confident that we can make the playoffs this season. we may be 6-13 but Im not worried about it at all, if we can play defense like we played last night against the suns, with all the homegames we have coming up, im pretty sure we can make the playoffs. hopefully q rich can perform well in spite of the recent tragedy in his family(he was playing pretty well the last game or so that he played).
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/10/2005  10:33 AM
There's no reason to hate the Suns. They're doing much better than I expected and Nash is a better *fit* for that team than Marbury was. Marbury fits well on half-court teams, not on teams that run as much as the Suns do.
SlimPack
USA
12/10/2005  10:36 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Ira:

The Knicks played a very good team tight in their own court. That's not too bad.

Oh joy, moral victories. When the Bulls are using our lottery pick, I'm sure all Knicks fans will take comfort in the moral victories.

the victories wont be moral for much, we played the 3rd best team in the league, on thier homecourt, and we didnt have q rich either. did you honestly expect us to win? cuase is sure sounds like you did. and to add to that the knicks will get even better as the season goes on, its not time to start panicing just yet. if we dont start dominating at home, during our upcoming homestands, and then go on a run, then it is. but losing to phoenix suns at phoenix is certainly not a reason for you to panic. even larry brown said that he isnt worried about wins and loses RIGHT NOW (the key phrase here is right now, he will worry about them soon enough but its still early.)

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-10-2005 10:38 AM]
islesfan
12/10/2005  10:37 AM
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

this is so tiring...nash has players that compliment his style of play well and so does marbury. However, consider the fact that nash has been around this system longer. Also, Marbury is learning a new system with new players and everything. Lets see what happens once the suns hit the road.

and isles ur lame arguments and blatant hating on marbury is unbelievable. What did he ever do to you. You can criticize him, but last nights loss was not his fault.

It's always some excuse when it comes to Marbury's teams underachieving, isn't it?

I don't hate Marbury, but I hated the trade for him. It's setting us back for years and years instead of being in a position with top picks, lots of cap room in 2007 and young promising players who were drafted high these last 3 years including this one. I keep saying that we'll be stuck in mediocrity for years to come but even I gave them too much credit. Between this year and last we're 23 games below mediocrity.

Add to that the ridiculous trade for Curry and how much more of this crap before people start opening up their eyes to the fact that Isiah is destroying this franchise for years to come??

[Edited by - islesfan on 12-10-2005 10:44 AM]
islesfan
12/10/2005  10:41 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

There's no reason to hate the Suns. They're doing much better than I expected and Nash is a better *fit* for that team than Marbury was. Marbury fits well on half-court teams, not on teams that run as much as the Suns do.

And the fact that they're doing this without Amare? Weren't you one of the people who suggested that Nash would be exposed without Amare? You know, the way you always used Amare's absense for a couple of weeks as an excuse for Marbury.
islesfan
12/10/2005  10:42 AM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Ira:

the victories wont be moral for much, we played the 3rd best team in the league, on thier homecourt, and we didnt have q rich either. did you honestly expect us to win? cuase is sure sounds like you did. and to add to that the knicks will get even better as the season goes on, its not time to start panicing just yet. if we dont start dominating at home, during our upcoming homestands, and then go on a run, then it is. but losing to phoenix suns at phoenix is certainly not a reason for you to panic. even larry brown said that he isnt worried about wins and loses RIGHT NOW (the key phrase here is right now, he will worry about them soon enough but its still early.)

The season is almost a quarter done and we're 7 games under .500. As Yogi would say, it's getting late early around here.
SlimPack
USA
12/10/2005  10:50 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Ira:

The season is almost a quarter done and we're 7 games under .500. As Yogi would say, it's getting late early around here.

we dont even have a starting lineup or a rotation yet though. also 11 of our last 19 games were on the road. I know to you that probably is merely an exuse. but I've seen some tangible improvement in this team. thats probably the only reason that Im not agreeing with you right now.

P.S. the marbury trade was a bad one. but Im impressed you knew that when it first happened. Im only saying this in hindsite, I actually though it was a good trade when it happend, but all it did was create excitment where there should not have been any.

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-10-2005 10:50 AM]
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/10/2005  11:04 AM
If you hate Marbury b/c he isn't as good a PG as last season's MVP, then you have to hate Craw b/c he's not even close to being a top flight SG. You must hate CUrry b/c he's no Shaq or Duncan. Trevor Azira can't even tie Pierce's shoes. Channing Fyre is defeintly no KG. Hell the whole team needs to go. I don't want nay player to stay on this team unless they are tthe very best at their position.
SlimPack
USA
12/10/2005  11:09 AM
Posted by nykshaknbake:

If you hate Marbury b/c he isn't as good a PG as last season's MVP, then you have to hate Craw b/c he's not even close to being a top flight SG. You must hate CUrry b/c he's no Shaq or Duncan. Trevor Azira can't even tie Pierce's shoes. Channing Fyre is defeintly no KG. Hell the whole team needs to go. I don't want nay player to stay on this team unless they are tthe very best at their position.

yeah but you see the thing is. it costed the knicks alot more to get marbury then it did the suns to get nash , it cost us 16 mill and draft picks, also it isnt just nash, there are alot of pgs that have a better impact on their teams than marbury seems to, like t.j ford, heck even chris paul seems to have more of an impact, I dont see anyone using the "he doesnt have any good teammates" arguement with chris paul I bet you couldnt even of the top of your head name the hornets starting lineup. and his team has a better record than ours. its true that ariza is no paul peirce and that crawford is no VC and frye is no KG, but they arent expected to be, marbury IS, if fyre maid 16 million dollars while performing the way he performs Id say the same thing about him, but he deosnt, marbury DOES. also I dont hate marbury, just dissapointed in him.

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-10-2005 11:19 AM]
SlimPack
USA
12/10/2005  11:13 AM
I dont agree with islefan's opinion that the knicks are invariably doomed but i will admit that he does have a point about the marbury trade being a bad one.
Bonn1997
USA
12/10/2005  11:25 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by Bonn1997:

And the fact that they're doing this without Amare? Weren't you one of the people who suggested that Nash would be exposed without Amare? You know, the way you always used Amare's absense for a couple of weeks as an excuse for Marbury.
I don't know; maybe you can check all your bookmarked threads. LIKE I SAID, they're doing much better than I expected.

Bonn1997
USA
12/10/2005  11:26 AM
I still don't understand the Marbury and Nash comparison driving this thread. Nash is the MVP and the best PG in the league right now; he's a better PG than Marbury. It's not like we gave up Nash to get Marbury. Why is Nash at all relevant to the Knicks?
SlimPack
USA
12/10/2005  11:34 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I still don't understand the Marbury and Nash comparison driving this thread. Nash is the MVP and the best PG in the league right now; he's a better PG than Marbury. It's not like we gave up Nash to get Marbury. Why is Nash at all relevant to the Knicks?

I dont mean to put words in his mourth. but I think the point isles was trying to make was that nash is succedding where marbury failed miserably(with a depleted suns team). your right bonn that steve is the best. but as I said in an earlier post the knicks gave up alot more to get marbury, and pay marbury alot more than the suns did/do steve nash. therefore marbury is expected to have an even BETTER impact than nash, or at the very least a comparable one, but that isnt the case. marbury simply doesnt have that good of an impact on his teams, and therefore people should stop saying "the reason marbury loses is because his teammates suck" becuase other PGS in the league can do better than marbs with unspectacular teammates

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-10-2005 11:36 AM]
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
12/10/2005  11:42 AM
Slim, let's take salary out of the picture once and for all. It isn't relevant at all, but just is used as rhetoric. 2nd what did we give up for Marbury? Lampe? expiring contracts? a broken Dice? Not exactly a high price. We weren't gonna get a KG or Duncan or Kobe for expiring contracts and a couple of draft picks. I still think it was a great trade.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/10/2005  11:47 AM
This is a useless thread, who gives a damn about nash and the suns, they are never winning a championship with that team, so in the long run, they are in the same boat and no better...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
12/10/2005  11:56 AM
Posted by Allanfan20:

Islesfan, your gimmick is getting old and tired.

I agree with this sentiment. How easy is it to complain? What has to happen to approve in the direction a team is moving. We used to not have tradeable pieces. I think we have a few now. So, we haven't mastered the closeout of a win... the flashes of brilliance seem to be getting longer and more frequent. All we need is a full game's worth. Things are changing. I am tired of the pessimism.
This is the Randle.
I guess Nash doesn't need the excuses like Marbury does

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy