USA
7/10/2002  2:49 PM
one isn't afraid to take the big shot
one is

one is very outspoken
one isn't

both of them are shooters
both will be overpaid

which one would you rather have for a maximum extension?

not saying the knicks are going to end up getting him, I believe they won't and try instead to trade a PG and KT for rasho and another...just asking though
Jerome from Manhattan is my dad. Doris from Regal Park is my mother.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/10/2002  2:55 PM
Posted by thomasdice:

one is

one is very outspoken
one isn't

both will be overpaid

not saying the knicks are going to end up getting him, I believe they won't and try instead to trade a PG and KT for rasho and another...just asking though

One is 25 and the other is 30.

One never plays D and the other (?)
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/10/2002  3:20 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by thomasdice:

one is

one is very outspoken
one isn't

both will be overpaid

Wally is a hustle player and Houston isn't. Houston is way better than Wally but he lacks the hustle of Wally. Imagine Houston with Wally's hustle, he would drop 25-28 points a night while pulling down 6-7 rebounds.
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
7/10/2002  3:30 PM
Posted by Vmart:
Posted by martin:
Posted by thomasdice:

one is

one is very outspoken
one isn't

both will be overpaid

Wally is a hustle player and Houston isn't. Houston is way better than Wally but he lacks the hustle of Wally. Imagine Houston with Wally's hustle, he would drop 25-28 points a night while pulling down 6-7 rebounds.
houston is such a waste of great talent. all skill, no heart. john starks - all heart, no skill.
Dan1078
Member: #283
7/10/2002  3:49 PM
That's one of the dumber things I've heard in awhile.

I'lla dmit that Houston isn't known for going on tears in the 4th quarter, but he has hit many big shots down the stretch in his career.
To even take the shots, let alone make them requires some heart.

True, our pal, John Starks had a tremendous amount of heart, but no skill? The guy was an all star one year. In his prime, he could
light you up from the outside. He was an explosive player,
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/10/2002  6:10 PM
Houston has plenty of heart, as Dan said, he's stepped out countless times. I thought his problem last year was the inconsistent playing time. He'd have a great 1st quarter, and Anderson would be in in the 2nd. Chaney always did this and it always took Houston out of the flow of the game.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 07/10/2002 18:10:25]
#Knickstaps
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/12/2002  12:31 PM
Posted by thomasdice:

one is

one is very outspoken
one isn't

both will be overpaid

I have never seen Houston dive for a basketball step in the passing lane and steal the ball for a break away. Steal the ball from and opponent on his way to the basket. These are husltle plays that Houston doesn't do.

I like Houston sometime I wish he played with fire and reckless abandon, when he does that he lights everyone up it doesn't matter who they are. Houston is the same guy who scored on Jordan easily, I recall a game when he dropped 30 on Jordan. Lakers game against Kobe two years ago went crazy on Kobe dropping points in Kobe's face. I want Houston to play with a mean streak the way Jordan does, Kobe, Iverson, Pierce and TMac. He sould go after the game not wait for the game to come to him.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/12/2002  4:31 PM
Houston has Talent, but lacks fire. It shows at times. Remember the games when Allan would go to the hoop so weak, that his own teammates laughed at him.

$100 Million for a shooter.

If I had to trade Allan, I wouldn't get Wally. We can get better players for Allan IMO.
BTW, Spree has that fire/talent combo that we need more, not less of. Better Yet, Let's just make sure Allan, Spree & McDyess all stay put and make us all happy. We can still sign (or trade other players for) the pieces needed to make the team a title contender.

[Edited by - HARDCOREKNICKSFAN on 07/12/2002 17:52:18]
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
alex4germany
Member: #282
7/12/2002  5:18 PM
Well guys let`s see the facts. Now we have Dice. He´s a low post thread. He will force coaches to double team him. When he gets the ball near the paint at least 2 guys will be on him. This will give Huey and Spree a lot of room to co-exist. I wasn`t a friend of Allan`s performance in the last seasons. But in the upcoming season you will seem him bloom. Not because he`s going to be way better. But he will have this piece of a second that he needs to set up a proper jump-shot. Just imagine Dice getting the ball down left. Two guys guarding him, or at least one guy guarding and another one paying a lot of attention to him. Next thing happen is the outside pass to Huey. If he`s got enough room he`ll get up in the air. If the defender`s quick enough you`ll see a nice pass to the right middle to Spree who`ll go to the basket with force. Scenarios like this are going to happen all the time. Since we have Dice we have become a lot more dangerous. ALL WE NEED IS ONE OR TWO LITTLE PIECES. Just one skilled big guy and a PG. Both don`t need to be scoring threats `cause there are already 3 on the court. Keep our dangerous three together. 3D!
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
7/12/2002  5:56 PM
Posted by alex4germany:

Well guys let`s see the facts. Now we have Dice. He´s a low post thread. He will force coaches to double team him. When he gets the ball near the paint at least 2 guys will be on him. This will give Huey and Spree a lot of room to co-exist. I wasn`t a friend of Allan`s performance in the last seasons. But in the upcoming season you will seem him bloom. Not because he`s going to be way better. But he will have this piece of a second that he needs to set up a proper jump-shot. Just imagine Dice getting the ball down left. Two guys guarding him, or at least one guy guarding and another one paying a lot of attention to him. Next thing happen is the outside pass to Huey. If he`s got enough room he`ll get up in the air. If the defender`s quick enough you`ll see a nice pass to the right middle to Spree who`ll go to the basket with force. Scenarios like this are going to happen all the time. Since we have Dice we have become a lot more dangerous. ALL WE NEED IS ONE OR TWO LITTLE PIECES. Just one skilled big guy and a PG. Both don`t need to be scoring threats `cause there are already 3 on the court. Keep our dangerous three together. 3D!

I completely agree, these 3 together are extremly dangerous - I think adding van x would sweeten the deal even more but it is more important that we get a strong center who can crash the boards. We will be solid next season, I can feel it.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
szcerbiak and houston comparison

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy