[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who else on this forum thinks Minnesota is FCUKed?
Author Thread
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
7/10/2002  10:19 AM
I think the T'Wolved are basically screwed.

this is based on all the things that happenned or will happen:

terrell brandon brandon being broken down

joe smith being crap, them resigning him, and forfeiting all those draft picks

wally being a chump - if they can get fizer and crawford for wally, do it

garnett taking up half the team's salary cap - if the t'wolves could trade garnett to the mavs for like finley, nowitzki, van exel or chi-town for rose, crawford, chandler, eddie robinson, cap fillers - do it. garnett having such a large contract basically screwed the team from making any moves.

plus every free agent wants to run like crazy from the t'wolves... something must be wrong with the organization. or playing with garnett must not be much fun
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/10/2002  10:42 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

I think the T'Wolved are basically screwed.

this is based on all the things that happenned or will happen:

terrell brandon brandon being broken down

joe smith being crap, them resigning him, and forfeiting all those draft picks

wally being a chump - if they can get fizer and crawford for wally, do it

garnett taking up half the team's salary cap - if the t'wolves could trade garnett to the mavs for like finley, nowitzki, van exel or chi-town for rose, crawford, chandler, eddie robinson, cap fillers - do it. garnett having such a large contract basically screwed the team from making any moves.

plus every free agent wants to run like crazy from the t'wolves... something must be wrong with the organization. or playing with garnett must not be much fun

Garnett is a great player but he isn't worth the money he makes he falls in the Houston category. He is going to make 20+ million this year. That scares players away from the team they know they won't get big money on that team. Wally and Garnett don't get along there is a reason for that Garnett has a monster ego that rubs his team wrong and they want nothing more than to get away from him (Billups). Twolves can build around him and follow the Lakers/Bulls formula and put a true superstar around Garnett like Tmac or Carter but the Wolves can't get it done. They have a bunch of role players playing around Garnett, if Garnett is smart he will put his ego behind him and let Wally develop cause he is the only one that can help him get to the next level on that team.
Dan1078
Member: #283
7/10/2002  11:26 AM
Wally actually has a much bigger ego than KG.

Nobody likes Wally on the team. He's a chemistry killer.
He's definitely going to get traded.
Caseloads
7/10/2002  11:41 AM
Posted by Dan1078:

Wally actually has a much bigger ego than KG.

Nobody likes Wally on the team. He's a chemistry killer.
He's definitely going to get traded.
wally should get dumped to portland or the clipps, or chitown, anywhere the t'wolves can get quality young talent in return.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/10/2002  12:01 PM
gOOD fOR tHEM!! Don't like them anyway but watch us end up with one of their players= Nesterovic.. If i was Garnett, i'll leave asap cause as long as he's there, they're not winning a thing!!!!!!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/10/2002  1:12 PM
Ha, I have a funny feeling Wally will head to NY in a blockbuster involving Rasho and Spree. God save us...
#Knickstaps
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
7/10/2002  3:00 PM
like Rasho and Wally for Spree/KT?

If we could sub Houston in for that...
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
alex4germany
Member: #282
7/10/2002  3:14 PM
Compared to Allan Houston, K.G. is definately worth his money. This guy is an on-court-monster. If you want me to tell you the most overpaid player... without a doubt... that`s A. Houston. He`s getting far too much money. He isn`t worth half of K.G.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
7/10/2002  4:45 PM
Posted by knixphan:

like Rasho and Wally for Spree/KT?

If we could sub Houston in for that...

GOD NO! Wally is just like AH, seeking the max are you Wally? Well you won’t find Minn. Paying you…He is soooo overrated, if you ever watch a T-Wolves game you would know that. No way I would accept this trade, Wally is just one more huge contract, and problem the Knicks organization simply does not need right now…
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
BigSm00th
USA
7/10/2002  6:12 PM
Wally shot 50% from the field last year and 45% from the 3 point line. That's much better then Houston. He's probably the most accurate shooter in the game, but I still wouldn't want him, he'd just cause problems.

This is Spree's team, he's the leader. Jackson is gone (he was somewhat of a leader), and McDyess and Houston (2 of the 3 best players) are soft spoken. I really hope they don't trade him. He's the heart and soul.

And it's Minnesota's own fault for signing Joe Smith of all people to a secret contract and therefore having their picks taken. I don't know why Kevin McHale did that, it's Joe Smith we're talking about.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 07/10/2002 18:14:36]
#Knickstaps
Caseloads
7/10/2002  9:45 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

Wally shot 50% from the field last year and 45% from the 3 point line. That's much better then Houston. He's probably the most accurate shooter in the game, but I still wouldn't want him, he'd just cause problems.

This is Spree's team, he's the leader. Jackson is gone (he was somewhat of a leader), and McDyess and Houston (2 of the 3 best players) are soft spoken. I really hope they don't trade him. He's the heart and soul.

And it's Minnesota's own fault for signing Joe Smith of all people to a secret contract and therefore having their picks taken. I don't know why Kevin McHale did that, it's Joe Smith we're talking about.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 07/10/2002 18:14:36]
mchale didn't the owner did.
BigSm00th
USA
7/10/2002  10:17 PM
Oh. Isn't McHale the GM? I thought he was involved in some way, oops.
#Knickstaps
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/10/2002  11:11 PM
First of all Wally is not as bad as many of you guys are saying he is. Second I also think that some players have a problem playing with KG. As much as I like KG, I think he seems to have problems with others guys wanting the ball.. See Marbury and Googs... Wally is a solid player, a hungry competitive player, the knicks could use a guy like that!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
nykinoz
Member: #205
Australia
7/11/2002  1:34 AM
Posted by tkf:

First of all Wally is not as bad as many of you guys are saying he is. Second I also think that some players have a problem playing with KG. As much as I like KG, I think he seems to have problems with others guys wanting the ball.. See Marbury and Googs... Wally is a solid player, a hungry competitive player, the knicks could use a guy like that!!

Agreed, but not for Spree
nwny
Member: #284
7/11/2002  8:28 AM
Some of you bestowing the greatness of Wally obviously haven’t watched any T’Wolves games or any Miami of Ohio games (when Wally was there). If you have, you would never even mention Spree in the same breath as Wally. Wally is they most selfish player in the NBA. Several times he has been know to steal passes from the PG to his teammates. Billups once said (and the coaches backed him up), “I don’t call Wally number that enough, he gets enough balls by stealing passes intended for KG). KG is one of the most unselfish players in the game. Every time I watch a T’wolves game, I think damn he needs to shoot more. It’s not even a debate. Everyone (teammates, coaches, media) says the same thing. KG does not have a huge ego. Just the opposite. Please investigate before you post any comments disagreeing with me. Back to Wally. Spree is more explosive, and a much, much, better defender. Sports writers like saying that spree is playing out of position, but have you every seen a SF Spree can’t guard? Wally may score more points on the Knicks than Spree, only because he’s a ball Hog. And he will give up more points than Spree, therefore canceling out his additional points (who needs a guy who score more, but also give up more points? ) If Spree gets traded for Wally, expect him to score 20-25 PPG (Wally), and Allen to score between 13-15 PPG, and Dyess to Score 13-15 PPG, and expect NY to miss the playoffs again (Even with Nestrovic). Wally is a cancer. TKF said: “As much as I like KG, I think he seems to have problems with others guys wanting the ball. See Marbury and Googs. Dude, Googs left for the money. KG begged the owners to keep Googs. I would watch T’Wolves games and that guy would have a bunch of red marks on his arms by the 4th Quarter because he lived on the low blocks. He was ferocious… and KG wanted to keep him but ownership felt they could get his PPG and RB for less money from someone else. For two straight seasons I really felt that guy was the most ferocious low post player in the game (No disrespect to Shaq and Alozono, but I watched the games).
As for Marbury, he a ball hogging punk. I’ll never forgive him for what he said about the NY point guards. Look at the Suns before and after Marbury. Whose really selfish KG or Marbury? Silly question. Listing Marbury leaving, as proof that KG is selfish is well….silly.
To TFK: Wally is worst than you can imagine.
To Vmart: Billips is leaving because he wants to start. The Wolves have said in no uncertain terms if Brandon is healthy he’s our guy. The Wolves are not going to win a title in the next few years, so he’s not giving up anything by leaving. He’s getting more money and a guaranteed starting position. You’d leave too. And your comment about Wally being the only one that can get KG to the next level? Did you really post that? Come on!
What’s hurting the Wolves is KG contract (its obese), and losing their draft picks. They can’t keep quality players because they can’t pay them. That should change in the next few years. The days of the crazy contract are over. Soon the Wolves will be on the same level as 90% of the NBA. When most teams are out of money, players have to sign somewhere. They will get their share of quality players.
ClydeDaGlide
Member: #275
USA
7/11/2002  9:34 AM
Posted by nwny:

As for Marbury, he a ball hogging punk. I’ll never forgive him for what he said about the NY point guards. Look at the Suns before and after Marbury. Whose really selfish KG or Marbury? Silly question. Listing Marbury leaving, as proof that KG is selfish is well….silly.

Yeah, I totally agree. Marbury leaving had everything to do with him wanting to be the best player on his team, and being in the spotlight...not a thing to do with KG forcing him out. Don't any of you remember how hard it was for KG to watch a good friend of his leave. What was it he said to Marbury when he heard he was leaving? "Sad to see you go but happy to see you happy." Thats classy. KG isn't a me player, he just wants to win, too bad Marbury never saw s**t that way...
I came here to drink beer and kick some ass, and we're almost out of beer...
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
7/11/2002  4:36 PM
I agree... I wouldn't trade Spree, but I would try to give Minny any other combo for KG if it were possible...
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/12/2002  1:20 AM
If we can get WALLY and need to trade SPREE, i'd do that trade in a HEARTBEAT!!!!!!! Not only are you getting back a young player but he shot over 50% during the season, made the ALL-STAR team, natural small forward(6 '7 )243pds and would benefit the knicks by opening up the defense especially when Mcdyess posts up. Spree is getting old now and as long as he plays out of position, it will ruin his game.. Too Bad it can't work capwise unless minnesota give Wally a new contract.... Wally would be a find player for NY. I don't understand why Mr. Garnett is bitchin bout wally hogging the ball. Anytime you have a player shootin over 50%, he deserves to touch the ball 22 to 25 times a game..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
nwny
Member: #284
7/12/2002  8:53 AM
“If we can get WALLY and need to trade SPREE, i'd do that trade in a HEARTBEAT!!!!!!!”

….and that’s why you’re not an NBA GM.

Wally takes about 20 shots per game. I’m sure that means he’s getting at least 25 touches per game. KG never bitches about Wally hogging the ball, that’s the problem. BTW a fundamental concept of a team game is you don’t steal passes intended for your teammates. What’s so hard to understand about that? Wally is a jump shooter. We don’t need another jump shooter. Houston has enough problems getting space without Wally hanging out on the perimeter. He had a good season. That’s all. He isn’t the second coming. (Notice that he tends to disappear in the playoffs). Wally doesn’t open up the game for the Knicks any more than Spree. He’s never, never, going to draw a double-team, or make a team “game-plan” against him. In this coming season teams will have to figure out: “who do we tray to stop?….Dyesse, Spree, or Houston?” If Wally where here, the question would be would do we try to stop Dyess or Houston?” Nuff said. I can only name one SF in the league that Spree has trouble guarding and that’s T’Mack. If no SF in the league can guard him, and he only has trouble guarding a very, very small number of players, then is he really out of position? A player should play the position he would dominates from, and is also not exploited on defense. For Spree, that’s SF. I know that’s controversial, and I’m not sure I’m 100% correct about that, but what I am sure of is that Wally isn’t half the player Spree is. He may be better than Spree someday (although I doubt it), and if you want to make the argument that the Knicks should get Wally because long term he be better. I may, may, may, agree with you, but Houston’s older than Spree, and the Knicks have about a three-season window to compete with this group before they have to retool again. In the next three years Wally will still be a shadow of Spree. No deal. The Knicks need to win now. The Knicks have many problems. Spree at SF is not one of them. There are only three SF’s in the league I would trade Spree for: T’Mack, KG, and Paul Pierce. On any given night, Spree’s job is to guard the hot guy. If you have Houston and Wally on the same team that would be a defensive nightmare. You don’t have anyone that can guard the hot perimeter player. The Knicks would get destroyed every night. A typical Knick game will become: Knicks 105, opponent 125.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/12/2002  11:08 AM
Posted by nwny:

What’s hurting the Wolves is KG contract (its obese), and losing their draft picks. They can’t keep quality players because they can’t pay them. That should change in the next few years. The days of the crazy contract are over. Soon the Wolves will be on the same level as 90% of the NBA. When most teams are out of money, players have to sign somewhere. They will get their share of quality players.

Isn't that being selfish on KG's part he is hurting the team because of his contract, If he wants to win so badly shouldn't he go to management and get his contract restructured so they can put talent around him. So you're say he is all about the money and the winning is secondary.
Who else on this forum thinks Minnesota is FCUKed?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy