[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Last nights leadership
Author Thread
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/7/2005  4:46 PM
DJCUNYC called it and it happened, well, sort of.

Pregame radio show-

Glymph -asst. coach said:
Prior to last nights game, Craw went to LB and asked him to let Nate start over him because he didn't think Steph should come off the bench, but Steph said he thought it would be cool to let both of those guys start and he'll come off of the bench. It was done. Then one of the scorers pointed out to LB that Steph has like the leagues 2nd longest games started streak, and LB said ok, then Steph is gonna start. Steph said he didn't give a damn about a streak, it was meaningless to him, but LB started him anyway.

He said that is the kind of person Steph is, and that never gets out, the media never talk about it, but thats who he is. Crawford too. He said it just shows the comraderie that those guys have and how that is gonna be a part of them being a really good team.

AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
12/7/2005  4:49 PM
We're gonna be good, pretty soon.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/7/2005  4:49 PM
leadership?!?!?

THIS IS LEADERSHIP:

15 mins
4-6 from the field
9 points
5 rebounds
1 block
15 big macs

THAT'S LEADERSHIP!!!
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/7/2005  4:50 PM
Most our complaints about Marbury are about his game, we all saw him cry over Katrina, we know he has a heart. We just don't think his game is a good fit for us.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/7/2005  4:51 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

on a side note, robert swift may win the "2005 djsunyc pastiest man on the planet invitational"

[Edited by - djsunyc on 12-07-2005 4:52 PM]
OngBok
Member: #894
Thailand
12/7/2005  4:53 PM
He looks terrified !!! Check out his face !!! lol....
Isiah Thomas will lead us back to the playoffs in 2006 !!!
Killa4luv
USA
12/7/2005  4:54 PM
Posted by Knight:

Most our complaints about Marbury are about his game, we all saw him cry over Katrina, we know he has a heart. We just don't think his game is a good fit for us.

actually, they have included:
towels on his head
body language
words on his sneakers
facial expressions

and, oh yeah, starting that conflict between the Jews and Palestinians in the middle east.

so skip the revisionist history.
Knight
12/7/2005  4:56 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

towels on his head
body language
words on his sneakers
facial expressions

and, oh yeah, starting that conflict between the Jews and Palestinians in the middle east.

That's all just icing on the cake, essentially he doesn't know how to be a point guard.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Killa4luv
USA
12/7/2005  5:01 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

towels on his head
body language
words on his sneakers
facial expressions

That's all just icing on the cake, essentially he doesn't know how to be a point guard.
Yeah I know. Good thing we've all got experts like you to let us know who does and doesn't knonw how to play their posiitons.
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

12/7/2005  5:17 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
towels on his head
body language
words on his sneakers
facial expressions

Hey, I'll say it, it was a great gesture by Steph to offer to come off the bench. That is the kind of improvement I'm looking for from him.

However, those other things noted were equally deleterious to chemistry and leadership, and they haven't only been troublesome to some fringe message board fans, but also to teammates, coaches, and GMs, so lets not be revisionist about that.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/7/2005  5:41 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

holy cow! Where does the uniform begin and the whiteness end?!?!?! You know those full leg length stockings some of the NBAers wear? This kid should get an offwhite to yellow pair and put them on!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
rain
Member: #353
USA
12/7/2005  7:12 PM
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by Knight:

towels on his head
body language
words on his sneakers
facial expressions

Yeah I know. Good thing we've all got experts like you to let us know who does and doesn't knonw how to play their posiitons.
Its becoming easier to see. Stephon is really stubborn. He is an unbelievably talented scorer. He can pass, when he wants too.. and after he's held the ball for five seconds. But last night.. his body language.. his demeanor.. when things aren't going well for him personally.. are childish. The knicks were up late in the fourth. He kept chucking when Jamal should have been fed. He kept chucking when Frye, and others were better options. He holds the ball, even when he's ice cold.. all these things bog down an offense. He dominates the ball.. I'm using last night as an example. League-wide these opinions are held. I'm starting to see it myself. He has to mix it up more.

TymeLessKnicks
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1050
Sweden
12/7/2005  8:00 PM
Its becoming easier to see. Stephon is really stubborn. He is an unbelievably talented scorer. He can pass, when he wants too.. and after he's held the ball for five seconds. But last night.. his body language.. his demeanor.. when things aren't going well for him personally.. are childish. The knicks were up late in the fourth. He kept chucking when Jamal should have been fed. He kept chucking when Frye, and others were better options. He holds the ball, even when he's ice cold.. all these things bog down an offense. He dominates the ball.. I'm using last night as an example. League-wide these opinions are held. I'm starting to see it myself. He has to mix it up more.

I dont feel that steph is stuborn at all. u r right about his talent tho. But imho luke was playing good 'D' on him all night and he wasnt able to get into his offensive flow. it also doesnt help when they were doubling him as soon as u looked like he was gonna drive. He basically got shut down.
The the shots uhe took at the end of the game and missed(2) was alittle unnecessary and seem rushed on his part. But he took the jumpers cause he knew they would double team him if he tried to drive.
I would have rather a pass to frye or crawford, but im guessing he was just trying to put the team on his back. i also dont feel he holds the ball alot at all, the entire first half and 3rd quarter i wanted him to take more shots and look for his game but he kept passing.
Had enough Melo?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/7/2005  8:26 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

leadership?!?!?

THIS IS LEADERSHIP:

15 mins
4-6 from the field
9 points
5 rebounds
1 block
15 big macs

THAT'S LEADERSHIP!!!

GOD

DAMN

RIGHT!!!!

it's game's world - we all just play in it.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/7/2005  8:54 PM
There are STILL people out there who hate on Steph? I thought all of you guys switched to some other team a while ago.

In any event, Steph has made TREMENDOUS strides in making changes to his game. His defense on Allen and other bigger shooting guards all year has been amazing. He's fighting with these guys and still runs the team. You freakin bunch of ingrates don't even realize what he does for the team. You're talking about a guy who even last year was at the top among PG's in terms of overall production. He's logging long minutes and playing D, passing the ball, taking hits all game. He played with that big ole knot on his head after colliding with JC and you KNOW that crap hurt. He was exhausted at the end of that game, but he toughed it out for the team. You should all be ashamed to call yourselves Knicks fans. I really don't know what you are, but you're not loyal to guys who lay it on the line for this team and no matter what you say about Steph you can't say that he isn't playing hard and trying to help this team win. I'm surprised you haters had the guts to stick your heads up and make comments. You haters make me sick to my stomach :(
rain
Member: #353
USA
12/7/2005  9:13 PM
Posted by nixluva:

There are STILL people out there who hate on Steph? I thought all of you guys switched to some other team a while ago.

In any event, Steph has made TREMENDOUS strides in making changes to his game. His defense on Allen and other bigger shooting guards all year has been amazing. He's fighting with these guys and still runs the team. You freakin bunch of ingrates don't even realize what he does for the team. You're talking about a guy who even last year was at the top among PG's in terms of overall production. He's logging long minutes and playing D, passing the ball, taking hits all game. He played with that big ole knot on his head after colliding with JC and you KNOW that crap hurt. He was exhausted at the end of that game, but he toughed it out for the team. You should all be ashamed to call yourselves Knicks fans. I really don't know what you are, but you're not loyal to guys who lay it on the line for this team and no matter what you say about Steph you can't say that he isn't playing hard and trying to help this team win. I'm surprised you haters had the guts to stick your heads up and make comments. You haters make me sick to my stomach :(

Your joking... right?

Not questioning effort. Not questioning talent. Questioning his effort in sublimating his game when it isn't working. Knicks fans aren't "fans" unless they praise apparently... Down the stretch last night, he was ice cold, he still shoots the ball. Is that smart? He has worked on his game.. more work has to be done.. it starts with his head. Is he ok being the second opiton, or third option when the team needs that? These are legitimate questions.. good insight, and not blind faith.
Killa4luv
USA
12/7/2005  10:19 PM
^^^No one noticed when anyone else does this. When Craw throws up stupid shots in the 4th which he has done several times this season there isn't a peep. Steph takes 2 bad shots and makes the nail in the coffin, and he is now bogging down the offense. There is just now sembelance of parity or consistancy to these anti-steph arguments.

I admit he took 2 ill-advised shots. The last shot he took was the nail in the coffin.

When he doesn't take the shots hes labeled as a guy whos scared to take the last shot. when he takes the last shot he's called a ball hog. He cannot win. There is a hate-inspired argument for ANYTHING that he does.
Knight
12/7/2005  10:25 PM
You know how to identify a good point guard? When you take him out of the game other player's production suffers. Who's production would suffer if you took Steph out? Only his own.
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
12/7/2005  10:30 PM
avoid Mck1 and Rain

h8ers! I bet both of you are the same person in Utah's bench...
no good lousy *blocked*
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
Last nights leadership

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy