[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Berman vs Lawrence
Author Thread
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/17/2001  8:07 AM
This is interesting...Marc Berman and Mitch Lawrence reporting exactly the opposite things about the Rice trade. Usually all the articles are relatively the same.

Is it noon yet?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
8/17/2001  10:37 AM
The nypost reported the deal is nearing it's death, but espn.com just reported the deal is close to being complete. Nypost said new york doesn't want to send a future pick to houston, but espn said new york and dallas will both send unknown future considerations to houston. Two interesting perspectives, but i'm hoping espn is right on this one. Here's the article.

Rockets reportedly OK deal for Rice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

HOUSTON -- The Houston Rockets reportedly have taken three-time All-Star forward Glen Rice into their fold.

The Rockets had delayed their end of a three-way trade with the New York Knicks and the Dallas Mavericks while they reviewed Rice's medical records. Rice was bothered by a foot injury last season that limited his performance.

In a report Friday, Houston television station KRIV quoted unidentified NBA sources as saying the Knicks and Mavericks have agreed to give the Rockets additional future considerations. The sources didn't specify those considerations, but the Houston Chronicle reported that the Rockets wanted a draft pick from the Knicks.

The station reported formal NBA approval of the deal is expected later Friday.

The Rockets sent Shandon Anderson to the New York Knicks in exchange for Rice. Howard Eisley went from the Dallas Mavericks to the Knicks, and Muggsy Bogues was sent from New York to Dallas.

Rice, who has averaged 19.5 points for his career, was bothered by a foot injury last season that limited his performance. He averaged 12 points in 75 games last season for the Knicks, starting 25 games.
Andrew
USA
8/17/2001  10:40 AM
FYI: The rockets have announced a 1 PM EST press conference.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
USA
8/17/2001  11:09 AM
Posted by Andrew:

Where did you hear that? Anyways, thats really cool.
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/17/2001  11:32 AM
Posted by Andrew:

the knicks and mavs probably caved in - gave houston a 1st rounder each. this is retarded...
Andrew
USA
8/17/2001  11:58 AM
Posted by Knixkik:
Posted by Andrew:

Where did you hear that? Anyways, thats really cool.

It's mentioned on the Knicks offical site, and confirmed by some poeple in Rocketland.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
USA
8/17/2001  12:16 PM
All we have left to find out is what the future considerations are. I can't see both Dallas and New York each adding a future pick, but i could be wrong. I'm just glad we got the deal done, but i really want to know what else was included in the trade.
Berman vs Lawrence

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy