Page 1 of 6  1  2  3 NextLast »
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
nysoldier
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1040
Iraq
12/5/2005  9:46 PM
I have been a Knick fan since 1983 and I am sick and tired of these johnny come latelies who claim to be Knick fans but talk bad about every move the team tries to make. STFU and let Isiah and larry B do their jobs. Two years ago this team wasnt worth a plugged nickle now we are making moves and have a nice core. Stop making personal attacks about players' past actions...I am sure alot of you have done things that we dont know about that you are ashamed of. Give this team at least until the allstar break before you can make any criticisms. I used to work for the organization and I am a loyal Knicks fan. Maybe some of you need to come join the military and learn some loyalty and patience.
God/Country/Knicks
AUTOADVERT
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/5/2005  10:01 PM
^ no offense, but talk about tooting your own horn...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
TemujinKnick
Member: #1022

12/5/2005  10:03 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

I have been a Knick fan since 1983 and I am sick and tired of these johnny come latelies who claim to be Knick fans but talk bad about every move the team tries to make. STFU and let Isiah and larry B do their jobs. Two years ago this team wasnt worth a plugged nickle now we are making moves and have a nice core. Stop making personal attacks about players' past actions...I am sure alot of you have done things that we dont know about that you are ashamed of. Give this team at least until the allstar break before you can make any criticisms. I used to work for the organization and I am a loyal Knicks fan. Maybe some of you need to come join the military and learn some loyalty and patience.

Well put. I agree fully.
nysoldier
Iraq
12/5/2005  10:05 PM
[No I am not just sick and tired of everyone that claims to be a fan but only when things are going good. Real fans live and die with their team.]

Posted by bobs3304:

^ no offense, but talk about tooting your own horn...
[/quote]

God/Country/Knicks
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
12/5/2005  10:05 PM
I've been a fan since 1969. BFD. People can say whatever they want.

[Edited by - Rich on 12-05-2005 10:06 PM]
nysoldier
Iraq
12/5/2005  10:09 PM
[Of course you can that is why people are dying to protect that right...but dont claim to be a fan and criticise everything management is trying to do]

Posted by Rich:

[/quote]

God/Country/Knicks
Rich
USA
12/5/2005  10:11 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

[Of course you can that is why people are dying to protect that right...but dont claim to be a fan and criticise everything management is trying to do]

Posted by Rich:

[/quote]

Wait. If you criticize the team, you're not a fan? That's a crock.

And btw, People aren't dying to protect your right to criticize a sports team.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
12/5/2005  10:13 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

hehe, when I first started posting on MSG OVER 3 years ago, I made a very similar post and I think I pissed every poster off. Now people come from all around the universe just to read my posts. You're gonna be quite alright nysoldier. You have a bright career ahead of you.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
nysoldier
Iraq
12/5/2005  10:16 PM
People are dying to protect your right to free speech guy....Let me make myself clear I have been critical of previous Knick moves myself...However I just dont complain about everything that is been done and try to make character judgements on every player they bring in and talk bad about players on the team...they are going out there trying their best.

Posted by Rich:
Posted by nysoldier:

Posted by Rich:

[/quote]

Wait. If you criticize the team, you're not a fan? That's a crock.

And btw, People aren't dying to protect your right to criticize a sports team.
[/quote]

God/Country/Knicks
NotFrye
Member: #935
12/5/2005  10:16 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

Grats on the e-pen15, but I don't buy the argument that we, as fans, have no right to criticize the knicks management. It may be tough to swallow, but an online forum devoted to the Knicks may involve free thought instead of lemming mentality.

Edit: Rich beat me to it

[Edited by - notfrye on 12-05-2005 10:18 PM]
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/5/2005  10:17 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

I respectfully disagree. You're welcome to your opinion as is everybody else on this board. You don't have to agree with them and you can disagree as vehemently as you'd like but I'm sure you'd agree that we're all entitled to our opinions and the ability to express them. Even rvhoss no matter how wrong he is.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
nysoldier
Iraq
12/5/2005  10:18 PM
[bro you have that right...but where is the team spirit when all we do is talk bad about everything they try to do?]
Posted by NotFrye:
Posted by nysoldier:

Grats on the e-pen15, but I don't buy the argument that we, as fans, have no right to criticize the knicks management. It may be tough to swallow, but an online forum devoted to the Knicks may involve free thought rather than lemming mentality.
[/quote]

God/Country/Knicks
Allanfan20
USA
12/5/2005  10:19 PM
On a sidenote, we still have everyright to be critical or joyful of whichever move the Knicks make. For example, I personally wish the Knicks don't sign him b/c I think he's rotton for his dog abuse. If he turns his career and even life around, it will be a different story, but for now, I don't think it's good to be near Q. He's an ars.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
nysoldier
Iraq
12/5/2005  10:23 PM
I guess I am just pissed of right now because I have known QW since he was a kid and these morons that are talking bad about him act like he molested little boys or something...what he did to those dogs was wrong...but he deserves a chance like everyone else
God/Country/Knicks
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
12/5/2005  10:33 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

I guess I am just pissed of right now because I have known QW since he was a kid and these morons that are talking bad about him act like he molested little boys or something...what he did to those dogs was wrong...but he deserves a chance like everyone else

First off..my prayers and wishes go out to you and everyone else who is in Iraq for this country bro.

Second off, if theres any chance that you still have contact with Qyntel, could you tell him to check this forum out? I think it's safe to say that it would be a hell of a lot of fun to have a chat with the Qyntel. I don't think many of us have had the chance to do that and it would be cool to ask him some questions about the NBA lifestyle and the Knicks and all that.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Allanfan20
USA
12/5/2005  10:34 PM
Sorry, but to me, animal abuse is just as bad. Perhaps it's not a big deal for you, but for me, it is.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/5/2005  10:34 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

You sound like a fraud.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/5/2005  10:35 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

People are dying to protect your right to free speech guy....
Um, people are dying to protect rich people's oil profts. Which coincidentally has absolutely nothign to do with free speech. And in any case, free speech is a load of crap. You are free to speak until people start listening to you. Keep your bullcrap patriotic talk to yourself and talk about the knicks. I happen to agree with your intial post, but all of this 'people died for your rights' crap is revisionist history at its finest. When did the war over free speech ocur? Yeah thats right, it didn't.

I can name some people who died or spent 20+ years in prison for speaking freely and having people listen.

Rich
USA
12/5/2005  10:39 PM
Posted by nysoldier:

People are dying to protect your right to free speech guy....Let me make myself clear I have been critical of previous Knick moves myself...However I just dont complain about everything that is been done and try to make character judgements on every player they bring in and talk bad about players on the team...they are going out there trying their best.

In the past, people have died to protect the right to free speech (I think it's a stretch to view the war in Iraq in those terms), but that is free speech in terms of criticizing the government, which is the only speech that the 1st Amendment protects.

But granting your point for the sake of argument, if you believe in the spirit as well as the right of free speech than one shouldn't have a problem with those that exercise it in terms of the Knicks.

Wouldn't this message board be pretty freakin' boring if people just said positive stuff about the Knicks? Afterall, they haven't won a championship since 1973, while the Lakers have won EIGHT. Knick fans have a right to be frustrated.

[Edited by - Rich on 12-05-2005 10:41 PM]
nysoldier
Iraq
12/5/2005  10:42 PM
[I wish you could spend 48 hrs over here in taji with us on the streets and then you would take that all back]
Posted by Killa4luv:
Posted by nysoldier:

People are dying to protect your right to free speech guy....
Um, people are dying to protect rich people's oil profts. Which coincidentally has absolutely nothign to do with free speech. And in any case, free speech is a load of crap. You are free to speak until people start listening to you. Keep your bullcrap patriotic talk to yourself and talk about the knicks. I happen to agree with your intial post, but all of this 'people died for your rights' crap is revisionist history at its finest. When did the war over free speech ocur? Yeah thats right, it didn't.

I can name some people who died or spent 20+ years in prison for speaking freely and having people listen.

[/quote]

God/Country/Knicks
Page 1 of 6  1  2  3 NextLast »
Topic LOCKED
Get a life Knick fans

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy