know when to say when...rashard lewis makes MADD sad
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/5/2005  7:16 PM
Sonic Lewis Charged With Drunken Driving
5th December, 2005 - 6:19 pm

Seattle Times - Seattle Supersonics star forward Rashard Lewis was charged today with drunken driving, according to the King County Prosecutor.

Lewis was stopped at 2:50 a.m. on Oct. 1, nearly two months ago, while driving his BMW on eastbound I-90 between Seattle and Mercer Island.

Lewis was spotted traveling at a high rate of speed, 84 mph, along with two other cars, according to the police report from the incident.

Lewis' eyes were watery and his speech slurred, according the report, and the car smelled of alcohol.

The trooper who made the stop wrote that when he asked Lewis how much he had had to drink, Lewis responded, "only one."

A blood test showed that Lewis had a blood-alcohol level of .132 about an hour after he was stopped.

"I have been charged with a traffic offense involving alcohol. I have cooperated fully with the police during the investigation. Since the charge is pending, my attorney and I are working together to resolve this situation. In the meantime, I do not have any further comment and I look forward to the matter being resolved soon," said Lewis in a statement released Monday.

"This incident happened before the season and we're looking forward to this matter being resolved soon. As it is a legal matter, we are not going to comment further on the situation," added Sonics General Manager Rick Sund.

Arraignment is scheduled for Dec. 19.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/5/2005  7:18 PM
i would say almost everyone one of us that drinks or drank drove at one point in time or another with some alcohol in us. myself included and as i sit here now, i can't believe how STUPID i was for doing that. this guy has multi-millions and pretty much his ENTIRE family depending on him and he does this? stupid is as stupid does.
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/5/2005  7:20 PM
Happened two months ago and he seems to be handling it responsibly so I don't see it impacting the him or the team.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
12/5/2005  7:38 PM
Posted by Knight:

Happened two months ago and he seems to be handling it responsibly so I don't see it impacting the him or the team.

Are you serious? How would another NBA player handle it in a statement: "I was chugging a six-pack and then I decided I wasn't drunk enough so I had a couple more cans of beer. It's all my fault, I'm guilty. I am begging the judge to send me to jail for a couple days, because of my idiocy."

These kind of incidents are what started the demise of teams such as the blazers. They better hope one thing does not lead to another. No one should ever be let off easily on an incident like this... I agree with djsunyc, doing it is just stupid.
http://allknicks.com
Knight
12/5/2005  7:42 PM
Posted by teslawlo:
Posted by Knight:

Are you serious? How would another NBA player handle it in a statement: "I was chugging a six-pack and then I decided I wasn't drunk enough so I had a couple more cans of beer. It's all my fault, I'm guilty. I am begging the judge to send me to jail for a couple days, because of my idiocy."

These kind of incidents are what started the demise of teams such as the blazers. They better hope one thing does not lead to another. No one should ever be let off easily on an incident like this... I agree with djsunyc, doing it is just stupid.

The team is obviously satisfied with his subsequent behavior since there was no disciplinary action. How did Marbury handle it when he got his DUI and one game suspension?
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/5/2005  7:57 PM
Posted by Knight:
Posted by teslawlo:
Posted by Knight:

The team is obviously satisfied with his subsequent behavior since there was no disciplinary action. How did Marbury handle it when he got his DUI and one game suspension?
you are unreal.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
12/5/2005  7:59 PM
Thank god he got caught. Hopefully the experience will knock some sense into him.
https:// It's not so hard.
Knight
12/5/2005  8:27 PM
What's unreal about getting an extreme DUI? You want to hang Rashard in this thread but act like the past actions of our team leader is irrelevant?
teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
12/5/2005  9:02 PM
Posted by Knight:

What's unreal about getting an extreme DUI? You want to hang Rashard in this thread but act like the past actions of our team leader is irrelevant?

Steph is getting no pass in this thread. I clearly remember reading that he thought that day in jail was a huge turnaround point of his life, and he made some vows about not getting into trouble again. That's not the point. When I say that DUI is serious and that no one should do it, it obviously applies to everyone. No one hates rashard. I think we all hope that as a young guy, he should never do it again.
http://allknicks.com
knicksavvy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #945
12/6/2005  12:45 AM
Knight there you are again in another fuss...where keeping our eyes on you
Does my faith show? Go Knicks!!!
know when to say when...rashard lewis makes MADD sad

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy