[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

surprise could be qyntel
Author Thread
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
12/5/2005  5:37 PM
what im saying is..we're giving him an opportunity to play...we're not telling him to come in here and bring neagativity into the locker room
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/5/2005  5:38 PM
but this is just a microcosm of what's wrong with our team in general.

when you're so far over the cap, like we are, you HAVE to take risks on the players you bring aboard. the only ones available more or less are ones with BIG RED FLAGS. there are some good kids out there (like butler) but the majority have issues. so when you get a jamal crawford, eddy curry, or even a stephon marbury, it's really b/c the other team DIDN'T WANT THEM. and there are reasons why. but we were in a situation, and still are, where those are the only type of players we could get. the only way we have full control is basically via the draft. but since we're over the cap and don't have a bunch of manageable deals, we have to take on these type of players.

so we're struggling and we're trying to find a diamond in the rough. but do you see the difference between us picking up a guy like qyntel or a team like the spurs? the spurs are filled with good guys that have won and won't take jack. we're filled with young kids who are impressionable and old dogs that need to be put to rest. does qyntel grow in this environment? but we have no choice than to go for guys like this b/c we're still a desperate franchise.

sometimes the moves work out, sometimes they don't, but it's a pretty high gamble none-the-less.

sometimes it really just makes me upset to see how we operate. yes, the young and athletic players, oh yeah, nice and sexy but man, why can't they also be young, athletic, and have the IQ to go with it?

[Edited by - djsunyc on 12-05-2005 5:45 PM]
TemujinKnick
Member: #1022

12/5/2005  6:26 PM
Frye is young, athletic, and has the IQ to go with it. So does Lee. We need more draft picks. But in the meantime, giving Q2 a workout makes some sense.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/5/2005  6:44 PM
he's an uber scumbag... no thanks.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EWING33BXNY
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #625
USA
12/5/2005  8:27 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

Wow.....

How is he human?

How come talented players who beat their wives seem to get overlooked and not mentioned as much. Lets just hope for the best with this kid and see what transpires. Lets not be so quick to judge.

[Edited by - EWING33BXNY on 12-05-2005 8:28 PM]
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/5/2005  8:30 PM
I'm pretty sure Kidd didn't hit his wife for fun or sport and didn't place any bets on who the winner would be. There is something disgusting about having fun at the expense of the extreme suffering of another living thing.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/5/2005  8:31 PM
i figure Q is a very young kid who has two strikes against him. the count is 3-2, what will Q do? its up to him, im not against giving him a chance

the one problem is we would have 2 Qs
RIP Crushalot😞
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
12/5/2005  8:32 PM
give the kid a chance...what makes u think he hasnt learned his lesson....your acting like people in society havent done wrose things than him..but they get a pass...if he learned his lesson than thats good, if he doesnt he'll get cut...im pretty sure if the knicks sign him the contract will be non guaranteed like barnes
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
bobs3304
Member: #948
12/5/2005  8:34 PM
Posted by Knight:

I'm pretty sure Kidd didn't hit his wife for fun or sport and didn't place any bets on who the winner would be. There is something disgusting about having fun at the expense of the extreme suffering of another living thing.

^ What he said.

It's sadistic in the worst way.

It's not evil.

It's Ee-vayl.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
12/5/2005  8:35 PM
Isiah working him out means that he is not only going to be evaluated from a basketball standpoint, but also the human side. Im sure Isiah won't sign him if he still sees he is immature and isn't ashamed about what he did. If he is finally signed, it will be because he knows what he did was wrong and wants another chance.

Ohh, and another note about him being waved, if you see, the Celtics and the Heat didn't really need to gamble on him so they just didn't. They didn't need an SF. We do, so if he is signed, he will have many chances to prove himself...
Knicks_Fan
bobs3304
12/5/2005  8:43 PM
The dude put TAR on his dogs.

TAR.

DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
12/5/2005  8:43 PM
Brownie, you're doing a hellova job

>>fishmike - he's an uber scumbag... no thanks.

uber scumbag? - you mean like the so-called leaders at the Federal level who abandoned the thousands of desperate children, adults and elderly in New Orleans?

Funny how much passion abandoning a dog can elicit

Sign Qyntel and teach him the Knicks way of doing things. If he learns we have a player. If he does not then we move on.

"This ain't charity" - Isiah Thomas

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 12-05-2005 8:46 PM]
once a knick always a knick
Knicksfan
USA
12/5/2005  8:44 PM
Posted by Knight:

So that makes Kidd's actions excusable? Give me a break! Beating your wife is just horrible no matter what the intentions were. The fact that Kidd isn't a kid anymore, unlike Woods (in his 20's), makes it worse. But thats not excusing Woods. What he did was just horrible, like you described it. But both Kidd and Wood deserve a second chance if they really repent from their actions and move on. Like no one here has made errors in life! Would you like to never have a chance to change your life? Some of you are talking about how horrible his actions were, but then you say you wouldn't give him a second chance? So you are supposed to be better human beings thinking like that? Im sorry but as a human that makes mistakes and doesn't know many things in life, I love to have a God to always give me a chance in life and love me no matter how bad I am. If Woods is ready to mature and repent from the horrible thing he did, then I'll root for him, no matter if he has a Knicks jersey on...
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
12/5/2005  8:48 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

The dude put TAR on his dogs.

TAR.

Horrible, yes. But what comes around, goes around. Life will take care of it, it always does. But for Woods' good, I hope he is aware of the terrible thing he did and repent. God always gives us a second chance, and many more if we need them...
Knicks_Fan
Knight
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #968
12/5/2005  8:49 PM
I'm not excusing Kidd's actions...but I do understand the need to put the smack down on the old lady once in awhile, they can get REALLY annoying! I mean if I come home after work and there's no dinner on the table and I ask where the F is my dinner she better have a good answer. That was my only point there.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
bobs3304
12/5/2005  8:51 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by Knight:

So that makes Kidd's actions excusable?

No stupid.

Point is they ARE different. Domestic disputes happen all the time and sometimes things get out of control. Hell, how do we know she didn't cheat on him or something.

Making money at the expense of another's pain is just plain sadistic. It's Hitler-cruel.
bobs3304
12/5/2005  8:52 PM
Posted by Knight:

I'm not excusing Kidd's actions...but I do understand the need to put the smack down on the old lady once in awhile, they can get REALLY annoying! I mean if I come home after work and there's no dinner on the table and I ask where the F is my dinner she better have a good answer. That was my only point there.

POST OF THE YEAR.

efw
Member: #1002

12/5/2005  8:55 PM
Dog cruelty is terrible. Beating your wife is worse. Raping someone is yet worse. And shooting someone in your house with a loaded shotgun tops them all.
bobs3304
not to mention the fact that the whole dog thing was premeditated.

hitting your wife isn't.

unless your Knight...

bobs3304
Posted by efw:

Dog cruelty is terrible. Beating your wife is worse.

What?

B/c it's canine vs. human?

Thats BS.

surprise could be qyntel

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy