[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

There is no reason that the exact team we have no shouldn't run away with this division
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
12/5/2005  1:50 PM
Marbury/Nate
Crawford/Q
Ariza/Q/Malik
Frye/Lee/Malik
Butler/Curry/JJ

IR: Penny, Mo Taylor

Waive: AD

AD sucks. He has the worst plus/minus of any starter in the league. He puts this team in a hole at the start of every first and third quarter. NBA games are usually determined by who sets the tone for the second half in the third quarter. As long as AD comes out to start the third quarter, we will be playing from behind. Even in the recent wins, the team has had to come back from AD's Bullsh!t. I'm not sure why Brown is blind to this.

This team does not need a trade. It is not missing anything. Sure, it could use an all-star at the SF position, but that would make them dominant. Save Penny's contract for that. Waive AD. Immediately. It will be addition by subtraction to waive AD. It's the single best move this team can make.

For now, Curry should come off the bench. We need to get off to a fast start in the first and third quarters with Frye and Crawford and Marbury.

We have the personnel to win right now, I'm not sure why Larry Brown can't see this.
¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/5/2005  1:53 PM
we should win more games with this team, that is why it is so frustrating, we have the talent and the athletcism, I think mentally we are just not tough enough yet, not mature enough...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MattSuspect
Member: #932
12/5/2005  1:54 PM
I just posted this, let me reiterate it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why doesn't anyone acknowledge that Larry Brown's rotation positively sucks. There was no reason to start MoT on friday. There is no reason to start AD any night. I can accept Craw off the bench. But if he doesn't start playing his best players THE MAJORITY of the minutes, I'm gonna go friggin nuts.
Oh and Larry, run a play for Q once in a blue moon. Thanks.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
12/5/2005  1:54 PM
AD is a valuable asset. Not because he plays. But because he gets paid. That max salary will be a boon to those of us who aren't counting dollars and cents. No waiving of AD will occur.
This is the Randle.
crzymdups
USA
12/5/2005  2:00 PM
Mo Taylor started because the game was in Detroit, his hometown. That's apparently his rule. Apparently, he cares more about that crap than getting the team off to a good start. Gee, I wonder why Marbury had such a bad shooting game...look at the starting lineup Brown put out there with him!!! Dog crap! It's no surprise our two leading scorers that game came off the bench.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/5/2005  2:10 PM
Does Marbury only start because he's from Coney Island?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
12/5/2005  2:20 PM
Posted by fishmike:

yes and he also gets to start every road game where he's previously played for that team.
crzymdups
USA
12/5/2005  2:22 PM
Posted by fishmike:

that's actually been our constant joke this season amongst my friends. sadly, Frye is from White Plains, but apparently it doesn't count because he moved to Vermont when he was young...
¿ △ ?
TemujinKnick
Member: #1022

12/5/2005  2:24 PM
What happened to LB saying Frye had earned the starting spot?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/5/2005  2:27 PM
Posted by TemujinKnick:

What happened to LB saying Frye had earned the starting spot?

LIES, DAMMIT, LIES!
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/5/2005  2:27 PM
no way. the knicks are desperate for curry to become the "guy who comes areound every ten years" and for a SF who can[or should] play more than 20 minutes

Im just looking at yesterday Paul Pierce was the best player on the floor and Ricky Davis was better than any Knick-Marbury. They also have guys like Perkins 6-10 260 Jefferson 6-10 260 who have a lot of talent and their PG--West is MORE than adequate. Why are the Knicks superior? we lost to them twice with all of our guys.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
12/5/2005  2:48 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

no way. the knicks are desperate for curry to become the "guy who comes areound every ten years" and for a SF who can[or should] play more than 20 minutes

Im just looking at yesterday Paul Pierce was the best player on the floor and Ricky Davis was better than any Knick-Marbury. They also have guys like Perkins 6-10 260 Jefferson 6-10 260 who have a lot of talent and their PG--West is MORE than adequate. Why are the Knicks superior? we lost to them twice with all of our guys.

a) we didn't have all our guys - Frye didn't play in the first game and Crawford was injured yesterday at a critical stretch and Curry wasn't playing anywhere near full speed.

b) I'm saying the way the roster is being used, particularly by starting AD we have no chance to win. But the roster could EASILY be tweaked for better results.

I think LB is still trying to prove a point by playing AD. I just don't think anyone understands what that point is.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/5/2005  2:53 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

We actually out played them with the exception of the final score and that had a LOT to do with all the TO's. IF LB would have started the right guys, we would have had a big lead to start this game. The Celtics took advantage of our sloppy offense. If you're gonna start Curry you HAVE to put Frye, JC and Q or Lee out there. Q for his shooting, Lee for his reboiunding, but Frye and JC are 2 of our most dependable scorers. Curry would have had so much more room to catch the ball and make his moves and if they doubled we could have made them pay with our shooters. But LB put the wrong guys on the floor and the offense bogged down. We had a lead but it should have been a much bigger lead.

Why are two of our top scorers consistently coming off the bench? What team does that?

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
12/5/2005  3:05 PM
Posted by nixluva:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

We actually out played them with the exception of the final score and that had a LOT to do with all the TO's. IF LB would have started the right guys, we would have had a big lead to start this game. The Celtics took advantage of our sloppy offense. If you're gonna start Curry you HAVE to put Frye, JC and Q or Lee out there. Q for his shooting, Lee for his reboiunding, but Frye and JC are 2 of our most dependable scorers. Curry would have had so much more room to catch the ball and make his moves and if they doubled we could have made them pay with our shooters. But LB put the wrong guys on the floor and the offense bogged down. We had a lead but it should have been a much bigger lead.

Why are two of our top scorers consistently coming off the bench? What team does that?

ben gordon luol deng. john starks anthony mason kevin mchale bill walton its just an excuse if frye was playing 5 minutes id agree with you.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
12/5/2005  3:18 PM
The issue is not how much Frye is playing, his minutes are fine. It's why is AD playing at all? Can you deny the fact that the Celtics started the first quarter 11-3 with him out there and the third quarter 9-0?

This isn't like this was a one game occurance either. This happens EVERY SINGLE GAME. If you start the third quarter poorly, 11 times our of 16, you are going to lose.
¿ △ ?
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/5/2005  4:11 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by nixluva:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

ben gordon luol deng. john starks anthony mason kevin mchale bill walton its just an excuse if frye was playing 5 minutes id agree with you.

Briggs, look at when at the start of these 3rd quaters. How many opposing players will have to take to get the message out, everyone of them says that their young guys give them alot of energy but you still see the "captain of defense" out there in the 3rd. Ben Gordan already made the point about getting into these games. Some coaches believe in a certain way. I don't understand it but it works sometimes and sometimes it don't. Please don't use Starks, McHale or Walton in your comparisons because they had talented people starting in front of them as well. I mean you are such a BB whiz (no pun intended, seriously), you have to know that it is difference when you are starting Parish over Walton right. Even starting Houston over Starks, was a good move. Tell me how AD is signficantly better than Frye at this point. Head to head Frye leads him in all categories with similar minutes. AD isn't even giving the Knicks the rebounding presence everyone thought he would.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
crzymdups
USA
12/5/2005  4:45 PM
also, AD has the worst plus/minus of any starter in the league.
¿ △ ?
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/5/2005  4:59 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Marbury/Nate
Crawford/Q
Ariza/Q/Malik
Frye/Lee/Malik
Butler/Curry/JJ

IR: Penny, Mo Taylor

Waive: AD

AD sucks. He has the worst plus/minus of any starter in the league. He puts this team in a hole at the start of every first and third quarter. NBA games are usually determined by who sets the tone for the second half in the third quarter. As long as AD comes out to start the third quarter, we will be playing from behind. Even in the recent wins, the team has had to come back from AD's Bullsh!t. I'm not sure why Brown is blind to this.

This team does not need a trade. It is not missing anything. Sure, it could use an all-star at the SF position, but that would make them dominant. Save Penny's contract for that. Waive AD. Immediately. It will be addition by subtraction to waive AD. It's the single best move this team can make.

For now, Curry should come off the bench. We need to get off to a fast start in the first and third quarters with Frye and Crawford and Marbury.

We have the personnel to win right now, I'm not sure why Larry Brown can't see this.

Here are 2 reasons:

1) This team is so poorly put together.

2) They aren't good enough.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
crzymdups
USA
12/5/2005  5:01 PM
Posted by islesfan:

Here are 2 reasons:

Isles, thanks as always for your valuable, well thought out points.
¿ △ ?
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
12/5/2005  5:02 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by islesfan:

Here are 2 reasons:

Isles, thanks as always for your valuable, well thought out points.

No problem. Glad I could help.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
There is no reason that the exact team we have no shouldn't run away with this division

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy