[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

starting lineups DO matter...(revisited)
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
12/5/2005  11:32 AM
for once in our lives, can we start this lineup:

steph
jamal
q/rose/ariza
frye
curry

the SF spot is up for grabs but the other 4 spots in the lineup should be etched in stone. how many times do we have to start in the hole? i don't want to hear about our 2nd unit taking a hit...that's OK b/c, you know, IT'S OUR 2nd UNIT!!! we have to start our best players...and we're not. b/c of this our offense looks like crap, we're down 10 to start every game or every 3rd quarter. are we really showcasing these duds? i mean seriously, is AD's value being altered by whether he plays or not? he's an expiring contract, that's his value. i'm hoping that after december 15th comes and goes, things will change.

all this talk of getting a veteran pg...it's not for a backup role. we're looking for a veteran pg so he can START, to move steph to sg and keep jamal as the 6th man. but until then, we need to go with the lineup above. it's not rocket science.
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
12/5/2005  11:36 AM
AD sucks and should be waived. I can't comprehend watching him start another game and force us into an early 10pt whole. Then the rooks and real players will fight back up to the half. Then AD will come out in the third quarter and put them in a hole again.

How does Larry not see this?
¿ △ ?
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/5/2005  12:34 PM
I mean what is Brown's issue about rookies starting. He outright lied to the press about Frye starting. He now receives starters minutes but you are right us starting in a hole in the 3rd quarter. It is ridculous. I could understand if AD is grabbing 14 rpg or something but he isn't. Are they trying to showcase him or something. If it Brown just showing him respect then I would think about moving AD and forcing Brown's hand.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
12/5/2005  1:17 PM
in a Jack McCallum article in SI about "how to fix the Knicks," he mentions that AD is considered by Brown to be the captain of the defense. That may be one of the biggest problems with the team. I can't deny that Marbury's effort has been better this year. As has Craw's at times, but do they really need AD out there telling them where to position themselves? I don't know, that's something you'd have to actually be part of the team to know. I do know from watching that AD is a major minus in all other areas of the game.

One of the things that not many people seem to be talking about is Delonte West. For the second straight time against the Knicks, he controlled the pace. He scored whenever he needed to and basically played the perfect Larry Brown PG game. He was defended pretty well (mainly by Craw, sometimes Marbury), but got to the hole when he wanted and ran the offense to a T. Obviously, he has superstars on the wing in Davis and Pierce to feed, so it's easier, but he did a great job and one of the reasons we made that final push to cut it to one was that West fouled out.
¿ △ ?
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/5/2005  3:23 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

in a Jack McCallum article in SI about "how to fix the Knicks," he mentions that AD is considered by Brown to be the captain of the defense. That may be one of the biggest problems with the team. I can't deny that Marbury's effort has been better this year. As has Craw's at times, but do they really need AD out there telling them where to position themselves? I don't know, that's something you'd have to actually be part of the team to know. I do know from watching that AD is a major minus in all other areas of the game.

One of the things that not many people seem to be talking about is Delonte West. For the second straight time against the Knicks, he controlled the pace. He scored whenever he needed to and basically played the perfect Larry Brown PG game. He was defended pretty well (mainly by Craw, sometimes Marbury), but got to the hole when he wanted and ran the offense to a T. Obviously, he has superstars on the wing in Davis and Pierce to feed, so it's easier, but he did a great job and one of the reasons we made that final push to cut it to one was that West fouled out.

That's so funny it is sad because he is always out of position. West was picking fouls up because Marbury continue to drive on him and make them make a call. If that is the case then move him to the sidelines as another assistant. Funny how we all expect Houston, Marbury or TT to play well even Craw but the $13 million dollar man is the considered the captain on defense. btw, how's that been working out in the 3rd quarters of these games. Frye and Butler come in to these games with a 14 point deficit. You could tell Frye was mad yesterday about it (first time I saw anything like that from him). But he said we have to stop spotting the opposition 10 point leads before we make a push. Wonder if Brown was listening to the sound bite.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
starting lineups DO matter...(revisited)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy