[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

before anyone says how im a hater...
Author Thread
curry32
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1001

12/5/2005  1:53 AM
yeah robinson did miss the final shot and yes i'd still say this if he hit it, well knowing he hit another one in philly butttt.... like mugsy bogues said he can only survive as a point gaurd and he chucks up alot of shots like he's a 2 gaurd. his fg% is well under 40% and its not like he goes 1/3 or 2/6. when he shoots, he shoots like 14 shots and makes 4 of them, in roughly 17 mins of play. he's erratic to say the least. knowing isiah thomas' drafting skills, at the 21 spot we could've had salim stoudamire whose shooting the 3 ball at 42% or even luther head whose shooting the 3 ball at a whopping 49%. both of these guys r skilled legit gaurds who dont have to prove themselves. i sincerely think that bc nate is 5'7 (yeah i know he's listed at 5'9 but its closer to 5'7 from what i've read in many scouting reports) what he does is even more of a shock with his leaping ability and so that translates into him being "greater talent". let me ask you, if ur 5'7 and u have a leaping ability of 44 inches (according to nbadraft.net), are you a better prospect than a player who is 6'3 like stoudemire or head who have leaping abilities at maybe 35 inches? the answer should be hellz no! just because nate jumps higher doesn't translate into him being a better offensive weapon. this was all a marketing move so younger fans or shorter avg sized kids growing up would be in awe of him. basketball has alot to do with marketing and selling tickets. you can do htat with wins or with athleticism and watching some fun basketball which nate is, but he wont be good basketball which is what head and salim will be. nates size despite leapng ability do not help him on the defensive end where he is a liability. the strengths in the offensive end may not even translate as a positive when compared to his liability in the defensive end.
conclusion: luther head and salim stoudemire were much better candidates at the 21st pick and could arguably play the 1 or 2 where nate is just stuck at the 1 which he is still showing more tendency to be a 2 which will not cut it in this league at his height.
AUTOADVERT
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
12/5/2005  2:56 AM
If you are going by Nate's true height, 5'7, you should go by luther head and salim's true heights too. nate is listed at 5'9 - usually they add one or two inches to your real height. Luther head is closer to 6'2, and salim stoudamire is listed 6'1 but more like 5'11 (i have seen him play a lot in person, he isn't more than 6 feet tall). Luther head has less point guard skills than nate, he's definitely more of a combo guard, and salim stoudamire's main advantage over nate is that he is a much better shooter. Nate is the best defender of the three, and he is quicker than any of them. He may be a few inches shorter but he can penetrate much better and he was the better overall player in college. Just give him some time to adjust to the differences between college and NBA. He does need to look to pass more after getting by his defender because he wasn't used to playing with guys this big in college, but he will do that. To say Nate was brought in to increase the "average size kids" fan base is ridiculous. Part of it was because Nate would receive a lot of hype, but it's also in part because he is a great energy guy, a game-changing type player, and a winner who plays with a lot of heart.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
jdub003
Member: #965
12/5/2005  8:29 AM
I think nate will be fine eventually, but to say he was a better overall player than both of those guys in college might be a stretch. Luther head runs a team 100x better than nate at this point and Salim Stoudamire is quite possibly one of the top 3 shooters in the NBA. Nate needs to sit and watch about 70 hours of rip hamilton tapes. The best thing that nate could learn at this point is how to beat his man but pullup for a midrange jumper instead of attacking NBA post guys. Wich he has been successful at 1 out of 67 times this year. You never see rip trying to get layups but the guy is amazing at beating his man and then getting inside for a floater or a short pullup. Nates handle and ability to beat a guy off the dribble are better than rip now, but it doestn matter if every layup you take ends up hitting spike lee's empty seat.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2005  9:23 AM
I don't think its hating. I like nate but I don't understand why he is gettinga as many minutes as he is.

Plus the smiling happy Nate after missing shots or losing the ball is starting to wear thin on me. I did the good attitude, but its almost a bit much at times.

I would have liked to have seen 6'11 frye or the 6-5 Craw (even if cold) taket that last shot. even marbs for that matter. It was off the dribble! At least roll off a pick!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/5/2005  10:14 AM
Posted by Nalod:

I don't think its hating. I like nate but I don't understand why he is gettinga as many minutes as he is.

Plus the smiling happy Nate after missing shots or losing the ball is starting to wear thin on me. I did the good attitude, but its almost a bit much at times.

I would have liked to have seen 6'11 frye or the 6-5 Craw (even if cold) taket that last shot. even marbs for that matter. It was off the dribble! At least roll off a pick!

Apparently that is by design. Brown has made weird decisions so far in his tenture as a Knick coach.

I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
12/5/2005  11:59 AM
Yea I agree nalod, nate needs to get past the mistakes and throw them off on being a rookie and work at being mentally tougher. I have seen him make the same mistakes over and over again, he dribbles into a ton of trouble, that has to stop. But guys are talking about salim stoudamire, LB would kill him when he comes down and jacks up one of his 35ft threes...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
boomann
Alba Posts: 26
Member: #938
USA
12/5/2005  4:41 PM
typical hater talk
"We need another shot blocker and we need more girth in the middle, once that happens we have a chance to be a pretty decent team" Isiah on draft night
sbensol74
Member: #795
USA
12/5/2005  4:43 PM
I think nates got some skill but the dude passes less than kobe. if nate gets the ball he's either going to 1) drive and make a crazy play 2) drive and get blocked or 3) take a bad shot.

LB plays him way too much IMO
clydesofly.com
before anyone says how im a hater...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy