[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Larry Brown hinting at a "surprise"?
Author Thread
JUNKMEIN
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #797
12/5/2005  5:45 AM
Our main weakness is not PG. Nate will eventually get a handle on the backup spot despite his daily quota of bonehead plays.

Our main weakess is at SF and Matt wasn't the answer although he would make a good project. Boston has Pierce and Davis; NJ has VC and Jefferson; Philli has Igoudala (who's looking like a future Allstar and he sure did shut down Kobe) and even Toronto has Charlie V.

Marbury has been asked to compensate for that lack of scoring from the SF position and we've had to draw Frye out to the 3-point line to help (he's done quite well at it also). However, we want Frye down low mainly with the threat of going outside (not the other way around like now because we also need him to rebound).

We don't have anyone who can take over a game in the halfcourt at the small forward position. Ariza is a nice player on the break but he's dead in the water in the halfcourt game at this point in his career. David Lee is ultimately a backup PF and not a 3. I think it's obvious to anyone that we're unlikely to be a major player for Lebron in 07' as Cleveland will trade the entire squad to hold onto him.

So, i'm hoping that there's some type of AD or Penny + filler trade for Rashard Lewis. His scoring, shooting percentage and rebounding has gone up every year and his 3 pt fg% is almost at 40%. He's exactly who and what we're looking for.

Go Get'em Isiah
AUTOADVERT
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
12/5/2005  5:45 AM
I think its going to be Spree. Why would he come here? Cuz noone else is paying him, and he knows he's loved in NY. Plus, maybe he regrets the sour note he left on. But knowing Spree, or at least the image he puts out there, he would come here simply because that gives him 41 more chances to scream at Dolan.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/5/2005  8:12 AM
Earl Watson and V Lenard?

"The Knicks, who recently scouted two Nuggets games, could have their eye on guard Earl Watson, who is eligible to be traded starting Dec. 15."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_3276935

PURE KNICKS LOVE
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/5/2005  9:33 AM
^ Please...

Every "Post" is FOS.

Like its been acknowledged already.....there's no trade imminent. Only a signing.

Everyone get over yourselves.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
12/5/2005  9:37 AM
You know the more I think about it, it could be Malik for Voshon and Earl. Last night was the first game Malik hardly played. Maybe to see how we did without him? Dunno the numbers, but it makes sense.

And Bobs, as to the rumours that its a signing, why would the release a player in advance for a signing? Why not just sign and release simultaneously? Aha!!
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/5/2005  9:53 AM
ROse and lynch are the same, so I don't think its lynch unless rose is moved.

I'd like to see JJ reddick here next year with our low pick. WE need a pick and roll shooter with range.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/5/2005  9:54 AM
There are always guys on the boards swearing they have a inside track. If you do its all good, you don't have to be a jerk about it.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrashDMB237
Member: #759
12/5/2005  10:04 AM
I didn't "steal" any names and say that I had insider info on them. All I said were these are more names that are possibilities. If you want me to credit you in a footnote, I will, I can edit my posts. Again, I have no idea who its going to be, I'm in the same boat as you guys. I just know its going to be someone. As of right now at least.
http://homeoftheknicks.com
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
12/5/2005  10:17 AM
Posted by firefly:

You know the more I think about it, it could be Malik for Voshon and Earl. Last night was the first game Malik hardly played. Maybe to see how we did without him? Dunno the numbers, but it makes sense.

And Bobs, as to the rumours that its a signing, why would the release a player in advance for a signing? Why not just sign and release simultaneously? Aha!!

earl watson cant be traded until Dec 15, and I beleive crashdmb is right when he says its a signing, the release came to premature if it is a trade, and the knicks have reportedly said that theres no imminent trade.
TheSage
Member: #386
12/5/2005  10:21 AM
I don't claim any inside knowledge. It seems apparent that it is not a free agent signing unlessa pending "deal" falls through. Looking at possible trades its either one of the targets previously mentioned or one from out of the blue. That being said, it could be anyone-none of us has any knowledge. The only thing we can be certain of is that posters will keep throwing out names and after the day is done someone will claimed to have been proven RIGHT!
Knight
Member: #968
12/5/2005  10:23 AM
If the Knicks were going to sign an inactive free agent I think they would have worked them out by now and we would know about it. Otherwise, I think they must either be looking at someone playing in the D-league or a trade--a known commodity.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
SlimPack
USA
12/5/2005  10:36 AM
Posted by Knight:

If the Knicks were going to sign an inactive free agent I think they would have worked them out by now and we would know about it. Otherwise, I think they must either be looking at someone playing in the D-league or a trade--a known commodity.

yeah thats a good point but larry brown said that there'd be a new "guy" in the locker room. if it were a trade I would think that he would have said "guys" becuase in order for the matt barnes release to make sense then the upcoming trade would have to involve the knicks to take back more guys than they give (unless barnes was simply cut becuase he sucks). thats another reason why I think crashdms source is right, unless the knicks as an organization is just going out of its way to lie to the media.

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-05-2005 10:46 AM]
SlimPack
USA
12/5/2005  10:40 AM
Posted by TheSage:

I don't claim any inside knowledge. It seems apparent that it is not a free agent signing unlessa pending "deal" falls through. Looking at possible trades its either one of the targets previously mentioned or one from out of the blue. That being said, it could be anyone-none of us has any knowledge. The only thing we can be certain of is that posters will keep throwing out names and after the day is done someone will claimed to have been proven RIGHT!

well appharently he does have a source becuase, he called the eddy curry trade, the jerome james signing, and larry brown way before they happened on another board.
CrashDMB237
Member: #759
12/5/2005  10:41 AM
Well there's two things here that can confuse you:

1. Larry is hinting at the fact that we will have a new guy in the locker room during this trip.

2. Larry mentioned the fact that December 15th is right around the corner and maybe there will be alot of movement they'll try to get in on. Our trip ends well before the 15th...

Now my source, and again you can check my track record, is the one who told me about Jerome James (exact contract length and money) a month before we signed him, told me about Eddy Curry the night we traded for him, and told me about LB a day before we officially signed him. I'm not trying to show off or anything, I'm just helping out some fellow Knick fans and making discussion.

[Edited by - crashdmb237 on 12-05-2005 10:42 AM]

[Edited by - crashdmb237 on 12-05-2005 10:45 AM]
http://homeoftheknicks.com
Knight
12/5/2005  10:43 AM
Nobody is arguing against the probability of a signing here. All I'm saying is that I would bet the signing would be somebody playing in the D-League.
"He only went to Georgia Tech for one year, and that's an engineering school." -LB
SlimPack
USA
12/5/2005  10:51 AM
Posted by Knight:

Nobody is arguing against the probability of a signing here. All I'm saying is that I would bet the signing would be somebody playing in the D-League.

I hope your right cuase my liver quivers at the thought that zeke might sign a washed up vet like glenn robinson, or lynch.

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-05-2005 10:53 AM]
Knight
12/5/2005  10:53 AM
Posted by SlimPack:
Posted by Knight:

I hope your right cuase my liver quivers when I hear guys saying that they might sign a washed up vet like glenn robinson, or lynch.

Me too, any of the veteran free agents would be a waste of time--Larry realizes our future is with our young players.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
12/5/2005  10:56 AM
Btw guys....Crash is AA on K4L.

Just wanted to point that out.

He's sneaky.....vetty vetty sneaky.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
SlimPack
USA
12/5/2005  11:17 AM
Posted by bobs3304:

Btw guys....Crash is AA on K4L.

Just wanted to point that out.

He's sneaky.....vetty vetty sneaky.

who is what on where? ahaha i was j/k this time. but does anyone know any prominent D-leuger SF or PG that the knicks would want to go after?

[Edited by - SlimPack on 12-05-2005 11:22 AM]
Knight
12/5/2005  11:19 AM
^Marcus Fizer, I don't know why he isn't on an NBA roster.
Larry Brown hinting at a "surprise"?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy