Charlie Villanueva
View Results

Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/4/2005  10:32 AM
I posted this on realgm too (where it's not just Knick fans). I'm curious to compare the results. I think they both have wonderful careers ahead of them but I think V has more upside because he's younger and has a more diverse skill set. Most Knick fans are probably gonna disagree with me though.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 12-04-2005 10:34 AM]
AUTOADVERT
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
12/4/2005  10:45 AM
Frye, hands down. Toronto is stupid. NY is not.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/4/2005  11:06 AM
I think Charlie's skill set is alot better than Channing. I think if Toronto picked a player they actually needed instead of Charlie and he went to a team that needed him Charlie's minutes and numbers would be better than Channings.

Still I'm not mad the Knicks got Channing. I love Channing. Both players are so close it's not funny. Charlie has a better game when he puts it on the floor. Channing's jumper is basically automatic. Their athletic ability, rebounding and defense are basically the same. I think both players will add some more aspects to their games and will look similiar as time goes on.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
12/4/2005  11:11 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

I think Charlie's skill set is alot better than Channing. I think if Toronto picked a player they actually needed instead of Charlie and he went to a team that needed him Charlie's minutes and numbers would be better than Channings.

Still I'm not mad the Knicks got Channing. I love Channing. Both players are so close it's not funny. Charlie has a better game when he puts it on the floor. Channing's jumper is basically automatic. Their athletic ability, rebounding and defense are basically the same. I think both players will add some more aspects to their games and will look similiar as time goes on.

I have to disagree with this post. Frye actually has a chance at being a excellent outside threat and a good inside threat. Charlie V lacks this. Charlie V is better on the perimeter without the ball. Frye also has a greater chance at having more of an impact on the defensive end. If you notice Channing is not getting the same foul calls that he did earlier. I think he will increase his blocking signficantly. Both players need to improve their rebounding though. I love Charlie V's game though, like it back at UCONN. I was interested in the Knicks getting him as well, if we went after a pg in the draft. I think both players will make many of their critics eat crow.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

12/4/2005  11:18 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:
Posted by EnySpree:

I have to disagree with this post. Frye actually has a chance at being a excellent outside threat and a good inside threat. Charlie V lacks this. Charlie V is better on the perimeter without the ball. Frye also has a greater chance at having more of an impact on the defensive end. If you notice Channing is not getting the same foul calls that he did earlier. I think he will increase his blocking signficantly. Both players need to improve their rebounding though. I love Charlie V's game though, like it back at UCONN. I was interested in the Knicks getting him as well, if we went after a pg in the draft. I think both players will make many of their critics eat crow.

so then you agree?
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
USA
12/4/2005  11:22 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

His minutes are HIGHER than Channing's but his #s are lower overall. I think V has the potential to be better than Channing but there's no doubt that Channing is better right now.
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
12/4/2005  11:25 AM
Frye is more of a knowledgeable player basketball- wise..
Charlie is probably a better athlete but Frye is better funadmentally and smarter.. Playing under a great college coach like Lute olson at Arizona has helped Frye grow and mature faster.

Even better, going straight into the NBA with a coach like Larry Brown's improves his career. not the case with Charlie.

CHarlie must be careful cause he's showing you some great skills early in his professional b-ball career but anything is bound to happen in the future.. He might show you 2 find yrs than all of a sudden becomes a bust in the league..

[Edited by - woodmanNyk on 12-04-2005 11:26 AM]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
12/4/2005  11:34 AM
Charlie V takes alot of bad shots and relies on his jumper too much.
He shoots most of the times he gets the ball and has a green light.
The only skill he has better than Channing is his handle.

Frye already has a better jumpshot than him. Frye is already better in the paint. Charlie can dribble penetrate though, and like Frye can finish with either hand.

I like Frye. His jumper is automatic, he seems smarter or is probably just better coached, and he is a serious threat from the outside and inside. Charlie has a way to go before he reaches Fryes level, he may be better, but time will tell. I'm hapy with Frye, he is a win now player.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
12/4/2005  11:35 AM
they are different but both can be excellent. Its just going to come down to who works harder during their career.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Killa4luv
USA
12/4/2005  11:38 AM
Posted by fishmike:

they are different but both can be excellent. Its just going to come down to who works harder during their career.

In that case I still give the edge to Frye.

But you're right. Charlie is a 3-4 tweener, Frye is a 4-5 tweener.

[Edited by - Killa4luv on 12-04-2005 11:38 AM]
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/4/2005  11:40 AM
also remember that Frye has better teammates and a LOT better coaching staff.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Killa4luv
USA
12/4/2005  11:43 AM
Posted by martin:

also remember that Frye has better teammates and a LOT better coaching staff.

Yeah I kinda tried to factor that in with my first comment. Charlie has the freedom to do alot of dumb **** that Frye could not dream of doing under LB.
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
12/4/2005  12:56 PM
Charlie is a better rebounder than Channing. He also has more blocked shots than him as well. Charlie's problem is consistency. 1 night he'll go 9-12 25 ps and 10 rebs 2 blks and a stl, the next night 3-11 6 pts and 2 rebs 5 fouls.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Bonn1997
USA
12/4/2005  1:41 PM
They're rebounding and shot-blocking this year has been almost identical. I agree about Charlie's problem being consistency though.
Frye vs. Charlie V.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy